Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Not sure if its been said but i think i seen this ekowool on stormys vapor cellar that could be a us supplier
Yes, they started stocking after I already ran the co-op. It is good that someone here is stocking now, maybe more will as it gains popularity.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Is it worth the price? Got a little sticker shock when I saw it at certain vendors.

Depends on how good you are at making silica coils. The advantage of Ekowool is that it's hollow. As in, you can stick a paper clip or syringe needle through the center of it, roll a very consistent coil around it, and when you remove the needle, it will make sure that the coil is not too tight on the wick. In my case, it improves the wicking compared to silica tremendously. As in, compared to cotton's wicking.

When it's torched nicely, it seems to give off less of an aftertaste than silica as well.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Depends on how good you are at making silica coils. The advantage of Ekowool is that it's hollow. As in, you can stick a paper clip or syringe needle through the center of it, roll a very consistent coil around it, and when you remove the needle, it will make sure that the coil is not too tight on the wick. In my case, it improves the wicking compared to silica tremendously. As in, compared to cotton's wicking.

When it's torched nicely, it seems to give off less of an aftertaste than silica as well.

Awesome, I've been rebuilding with silica for a few months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread