Status
Not open for further replies.

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
El Cheapo 510 tank stand

Here's one.
You can use a stove burner to heat a 3/8" drill bit to punch holes in standard plastic water bottle caps.

Make great little stands for your 510 tanks.

(use a vice grip-watch your fingers during manufacture)

Last edited:

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
09-25-14 014-2.jpg

Some Samples

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Hmmm.

We just moved into our new home in September and setup our desks in our new home office room, and I didn't setup my desk all the way, I didn't feel like finding the bolts that would install the riser to hold the monitor at eye level.

All of a sudden it came to me. The four holes that were already in the desk for the bolts for the monitor stand make a perfect fit for my 510 tanks. For the first couple weeks I only kept my 4 most used tanks sitting on my desk in the 4 holes that were already there. Then decided what the hell, and dug out the drill and drilled several more holes closer to my mouse pad for easy access and stuck 6 or more tanks in those new holes, then I realized that if I can do that for my tanks, why not for my mechanical mods, so I grabbed out the weird drill bit that my wife uses to drill large holes and drilled down just until the point of it started to come through the bottom of the desk, then grabbed a chisel and carefully worked to dig out the contents of this hole while still leaving the bottom of the desk undisturbed and sure enough my Stingray X fits perfectly into this hole (gotta remember of course like sitting it anytime on it's firing cap to twist the lock to closed so that it doesn't fire accidentally when putting it away).

Sure, it may be ghetto but now most of my tanks are within arms reach and it was done neat enough that they all line up nicely in a row. It looks nice when the tanks are in the holes, but honestly the holes that I drilled are not nearly as clean as the holes that were drilled in the desk by the factory for the monitor stand but oh well... Better than my tanks just rolling around on top of the desk like they used to, always getting in the way or being knocked off the desk by bumping into the desk.

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
Sure, it may be ghetto but now most of my tanks are within arms reach and it was done neat enough that they all line up nicely in a row. It looks nice when the tanks are in the holes, but honestly the holes that I drilled are not nearly as clean as the holes that were drilled in the desk by the factory for the monitor stand but oh well... Better than my tanks just rolling around on top of the desk like they used to, always getting in the way or being knocked off the desk by bumping into the desk.

Ghetto is fine - when it serves the purpose…..

I'll bet your idea was just as good as this……..

Amazon.com: Aluminum Vape Stand 11 Port: Health & Personal Care

Ain't you proud now.

As Rube Goldberg found out the hard way - the simplest devices are usually the ones that work best

FLSunshine

Sep 18, 2014
Palm Coast, FL, USA

Rewind165

Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
New York City
My personal favorite is 1 oz medicine cups with a 10 mm hole in the bottom.

View attachment 385911

I used an X-acto knife to cut the opening.

View attachment 385910

You can use it to hold the tank upright

View attachment 385912

Or BEST of all, inverted tank, so you can fill without worrying of spillage!

You my friend are a GENIUS!!!!
I've lost count of the times I've tipped my nautilus mini while refilling. Now to search my medicine cabinet [emoji2]

Guzz

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Tempe, AZ
It works on just about any setup that you have to fill.

I have reams of the cups. I normally use them for mixing epoxy for my hobbies. I mentioned to a friend that I was running low and the next time they came by they handed me reams of these things. Their father was a dentist and retired, but had these cups left over.

Now, whenever I see someone fumbling trying to fill their tank I grab a cup, quickly cut a hole and hand it to them. They look at me funny, then I show them how to use it. Then the light bulb turns on.

Reactions: thetrucker

radmama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
fort bragg, nc
Reactions: thetrucker

BluLtspcl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2009
In the Wind
Looks good to me! Nicer than I was expecting. Doesn't look like a bottle cap. A dremmel tool might work (easier for me to use). Right now am using a large cap from a bottle - it's one of those like you would find on top of a spray can like oven cleaner, only much larger in diameter. This one came from a large bottle of liquid vites. It has an outer and smaller, inner ring. I can put egos in the outer ring and tanks and such in the smaller, inner ring. If I get a chance, I'll take a pic. No work required. However, these vites were awesome, but no longer in biz. I only have one of these caps, but it does the job. The sides are tall enough that it does not tip over. No idea where I'd find another one. (The vites were $60, I guess this is a side benefit!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread