El Cheapo 510 tank stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to wake up an old thread, but I'll add my idea.

I went to the local hardware store, into the flooring section and bought some nice flooring samples.. the good stuff is usually 1/2"+ thick and felt backed..
You can get just about any type of wood you like or even solid colors(brown/ black/white etc) to match the room or desk you might be parking this on..
Most of them will have tongue and groove so you could snap several pieces together, so i guess you could say they are customize-able.. so you could make this as large or small as you like..

I simply covered the top-side of the flooring pieces with painters tape and laid out where i wanted the holes to be.. i measured my tanks/rda's/clearos then made some holes where i had them laid out on the tape..the tape serves to keep the edges clean and not tear up and splinter the wood.

Once i had the larger holes drilled i took a smaller bit to make room for the 510 pins so they would sit down in there nicely..sorry i dont have any pics at the moment but they turned out nicely.. the smaller ones hold 12 tanks/rda's..3 wide by 4 long.. larger flooring samples held 4x6 and 4x8.. snap a cpl together and you can hold many more..

Before i removed the masking/painters tape..i grabbed a can of black Plasti-dip i had and put a few heavy coats on to seal off the now exposed bare wood. I figured this should help incase any juice leaked out..should keep the wood from absorbing it and swelling..

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
This is another idea just a 15.00 lamp from Home Depot-first pic empty lamp- and second pic is chuck full lamp--
VapeLamp.jpg

VapeLampFull.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread