Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Okay let's try this again.
.35 is a little low for an ELA but is certainly doable. Try making sure all threads and parts are clean clean clean. David made a nice post about this very topic...
"Cleaning" a Mechanical Mod and Hot Button Issues. | E-Cigarette Forum

I didn't see in his post though the reminder to *not* use any abrasive on the plated positive and negative posts, so watch that.

@Durty D apparently sub-ohms with his ELA and maybe he'll come along to talk about it.

Reactions: cjs71988

Durty D

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
NORCAL
.35 total on duals is within the limits certainly.

Are you using the standard spring? That's gonna limit you for certain. Secondly, I would make very sure that your button is uber-clean with no grey arcing along the button sleeve or button assembly. Toothpaste works as a polish and usually where I start before I get out true metal polishes or the 0000 steel wool. Lastly, make sure your compression band is clean and shiny. A little mild toothpaste and occasionally some scotch brite as a polish pad.

Any other questions hit me up! vaping away happily on my Ti ELA with Zenith on top. .25 duals.

Reactions: cjs71988

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO

Are you using the standard spring? That's gonna limit you for certain. Secondly, I would make very sure that your button is uber-clean with no grey arcing along the button sleeve or button assembly. Toothpaste works as a polish and usually where I start before I get out true metal polishes or the 0000 steel wool. Lastly, make sure your compression band is clean and shiny. A little mild toothpaste and occasionally some scotch brite as a polish pad.

Any other questions hit me up! Vaping away happily on my Ti ELA with Zenith on top. .25 duals.
You da man.

Reactions: Durty D

cjs71988

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
North Jersey
Okay let's try this again.
.35 is a little low for an ELA but is certainly doable. Try making sure all threads and parts are clean clean clean. David made a nice post about this very topic...
"Cleaning" a Mechanical Mod and Hot Button Issues. | E-Cigarette Forum

I didn't see in his post though the reminder to *not* use any abrasive on the plated positive and negative posts, so watch that.

@Durty D apparently sub-ohms with his ELA and maybe he'll come along to talk about it.

I sub ohm with mine (0.53 ohm dual micros). I've never had a hot button, and I'm pretty sure the only heat I feel anywhere in the mod is my body heat from holding it. I would definitely start with a thorough cleaning and see if that solves the problem.

Any other questions hit me up! Vaping away happily on my Ti ELA with Zenith on top. .25 duals.

awesome guys, thank you very much for the replies. i will definitely start off with a thorough cleaning... glad to hear other people vape as low on the ELA without problems.. takes a weight off my shoulders.

also thank you for pointing out David's post to me, i will try searching the forums a little more before just asking right away from now on! :D:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread