Status
Not open for further replies.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Going through the same thing trying to find my son a car to drive back and forth to school. I have insurance restrictions, monetary restrictions plus an inability to judge if these people are truthful or not. :|

There is a reason that these business owners have earned reputations as "used car salesmen". If you're looking for a 3-5 year old lease turnover, it's easy. If you're looking in the <$10k range, make sure you have it looked over by a mechanic BEFORE you buy it. If the "dealer" won't let it be seen by YOUR mechanic, run. Run fast, run far.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
2ml limit in EU
makes me think of the
limit in NYC on soda purchase

what is it

how ? in USA
:facepalm:

A judge threw the law out. It was originally 16oz. Bloomberg's nanny city. Don't GET me started about the vaping laws in NYC!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
There is a reason that these business owners have earned reputations as "used car salesmen". If you're looking for a 3-5 year old lease turnover, it's easy. If you're looking in the <$10k range, make sure you have it looked over by a mechanic BEFORE you buy it. If the "dealer" won't let it be seen by YOUR mechanic, run. Run fast, run far.
I'm looking on Craigslist...and I'm talking the $800-$1000 range. :unsure:

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
I'm looking on Craigslist...and I'm talking the $800-$1000 range. :unsure:

You've got your work cut out for you, Lynn. I know how hard your task is. Gone are the days of cheap, reliable transportation for $1000-1500. I have faith in the ladies of the GS Airs. If you can rebuild that coil head, you can do anything, including nab a good ride for your son!

A 15-25 year-old Ford Ranger/Chevy S-10, rear-wheel drive, compact pickup can be had for cheap. It may not look like much but it should go good for your boy. They're cheap to have fixed, parts galore in junk yards, Autozone, etc and usually cheap to insure.

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Hello Airheads. :)
Well I finally took the plunge and decided to try out one of the 1.2 ohms cotton coils. So far, I'm not really seeing any big difference. No burnt hits... yet, but also I don't see any improvement in flavor or vapor. It's about 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. o_O

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Hello Airheads. :)
Well I finally took the plunge and decided to try out one of the 1.2 ohms cotton coils. So far, I'm not really seeing any big difference. No burnt hits... yet, but also I don't see any improvement in flavor or vapor. It's about 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. o_O
At least they aren't worse. Same wattage?

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
I don't think I've seen a glowing review of the 1.2's.
Did they make them just to jump on the cotton vertical coil wagon?
Who knows? I like to try different options, though, just to see if I'm getting the most out of my setup. These go into the "meh" group. I think I like the 1.5 coils the best. They have performed pretty well for me so far.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
My 300 and 400 mesh came today so this weekend I will try rebuilding the gs air coils with it.
I will report the results.

fasttech.com has a 20% off sale from Feb 4 - Feb 7 - code KUNGHEI
FastTech site-wide promotion & clearance sale!! Up to 50% off !! (Updated on 2/3): FastTech Forums

So if anyone is interested in clone 1.5 coils
$6.39 Replacement Coil Head for Eleaf GS Air Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.5ohm / 8-20W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
If you order 5 packs or more the price is $5.80 a pack, 20% off = $4.64 = 92.8 cents per coil.
I will be ordering more for my stash.

I do no know why 2 5-packs are cheaper than 1 10-pack.
$13.30 Replacement Coil Head for Eleaf GS Air Clearomizer (10-Pack) 10-pack - 1.5ohm / 8-20W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Mario06

Nov 18, 2014
My 300 and 400 mesh came today so this weekend I will try rebuilding the gs air coils with it.
I will report the results.

fasttech.com has a 20% off sale from Feb 4 - Feb 7 - code KUNGHEI
FastTech site-wide promotion & clearance sale!! Up to 50% off !! (Updated on 2/3): FastTech Forums

So if anyone is interested in clone 1.5 coils
$6.39 Replacement Coil Head for Eleaf GS Air Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.5ohm / 8-20W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
If you order 5 packs or more the price is $5.80 a pack, 20% off = $4.64 = 92.8 cents per coil.
I will be ordering more for my stash.

I do no know why 2 5-packs are cheaper than 1 10-pack.
$13.30 Replacement Coil Head for Eleaf GS Air Clearomizer (10-Pack) 10-pack - 1.5ohm / 8-20W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Their 1.5 coils have a smaller air hole then the authentic ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread