Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I still like my GS-tank, but has it ever been confirmed that it is made of stainless steel? fasttech specs say "stainless steel", but the 510 threads on my unit are sure starting to look like chrome-plated brass.

I've been on the lookout for my vapocalypse MTL tank. One of the requirements is stainless threads for durability.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Hope it doesn't count as hoarding, but in Torremolinos yesterday bought another couple of GS Air tanks and two more packs of coils - so that totals to 4 GS tanks of various models and 4 packs of coils.

I know they don't get a lot of love but I really do prefer the stubbier wider model with the silicone air adjusting ring and these just don't seem to be available in the UK.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Hope it doesn't count as hoarding, but in Torremolinos yesterday bought another couple of GS Air tanks and two more packs of coils - so that totals to 4 GS tanks of various models and 4 packs of coils.

I know they don't get a lot of love but I really do prefer the stubbier wider model with the silicone air adjusting ring and these just don't seem to be available in the UK.
Welcome @Falconeer ! Nice to meet you!
You're safe, we don't consider it hoarding here, you are a "collector" of fine things. :lol::lol:
Hope you will stick around and let us get to know you better.
Meetings are on Tuesdays at @Cheechako 's place. BYOB and a bottle of juice.
Here's your T-shirt
i_love_airheads_t_shirt-r9eb0bbe0c2164f58863160139379a809_i80f5_324.jpg

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Thanks muchly Nanny - everytime I went into the Vape shop in Torremolinos the nice Spanish Lady there would tell me about how the GS Air was designed for the iStck etc etc and I'd say to her "No, I don't need one I've got a Nautilus many thanks." Then she gave me one for free at the start of this Winter...never tried it until it got difficult to source coils for my Nauti Minis in Spain...but when I did I became an instant convert. Great thread you have here!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
not gonna happen with the air coils! ;) just visit cheech's blog and you're set for life! :D
Recoiling The GS Air | E-Cigarette Forum
Agreed - these are easy to get in Spain, where I'll stock up and the situation should be similar when I get back to Scotland (albeit with a few more spare tanks yet)!

I have made my own coils for drippers and squonkers but they have room to work with on their decks - I'm aged and don't see myself working in the confined spaces of a GS coil!!!

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
- I'm aged and don't see myself working in the confined spaces of a GS coil!!!
@Falconeer Honey, many (most?) of us here are "AGED" to perfection.
Many have been able to rebuild the Air coils, and find them better than the factory coils in several ways. :thumbs:
Take one apart when it dies and get a look "under the hood". Might be easier than you think. ;)
Here's that link again to my buddy Cheech's blog with all the details you will need. Promise.
Recoiling The GS Air | E-Cigarette Forum

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
Agreed - these are easy to get in Spain, where I'll stock up and the situation should be similar when I get back to Scotland (albeit with a few more spare tanks yet)!

I have made my own coils for drippers and squonkers but they have room to work with on their decks - I'm aged and don't see myself working in the confined spaces of a GS coil!!!
I'm 71 and following Cheechako's instructions I've had little to no trouble, though I admit I did splurge on a coilmaster to help with making the coils.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Thanks muchly Nanny - everytime I went into the Vape shop in Torremolinos the nice Spanish Lady there would tell me about how the GS Air was designed for the iStck etc etc and I'd say to her "No, I don't need one I've got a Nautilus many thanks." Then she gave me one for free at the start of this Winter...never tried it until it got difficult to source coils for my Nauti Minis in Spain...but when I did I became an instant convert. Great thread you have here!
Welcome Falconeer! I converted from Nauti's early on after wiping out my checking account on them. Like night and day with the 'Air coils. I too was one that said my eyes couldn't handle something this small and I was wrong. Just a little... maybe a big nudge from Mr. Cheechomatic and I never turned back!!
nudge.gif

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Still running on the same .75 coil in MY GS Air2 14 mm/Istick basic.
Somewhere around 2 months of use on that coil.
Need to write down the change date next time.
Just got 2 more of the tanks and a box of coils today in vapemail :)
At this rate, you may very well be set for life! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread