Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
tell ya what, I got me a Melo 2 with that side fill and it works great, nary a drop leaked from it...

never gave side fill much thought but the Melo2 came with a kit and I just went ahead & used it
lay it on side/spin it open/poke a tip in there/presto (they say not to fill it in upright position)
pretty qwik, simple, painless - I like it :|

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Off out for the day to Fuengirola - armed with my iStick 40w and a stubby GS, plus spare coil and bottle of juice just in case.

This coil has been on the go now for two weeks using a fairly clear DIY juice - how long are you guys getting with these things (0.78 ohms ), 10 days absolute max was all I ever achieved with Nautilus coils and even then vapour production was going down and the beginnings of a off taste was developing.

Have a good one all!

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
Doesn't look like there is any way to run than as a single coil without it flooding! I'd really have to up my game at coil winding to come out with two coils with matching resistance! Mine tend to vary a little bit from coil to coil. To bad there isn't a block for the one set of juice holes!

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Doesn't look like there is any way to run than as a single coil without it flooding! I'd really have to up my game at coil winding to come out with two coils with matching resistance! Mine tend to vary a little bit from coil to coil. To bad there isn't a block for the one set of juice holes!
My rebuilt coils always vary between 1.6 and 1.7 ohms (most of the time, 1.6). I've adapted well to these resistance readings and I am happy with that so I'm not going to try and tweak mine because they work fine for me. I've been told that others are reading between 1.2 and 1.5. I guess it does depend on how you rebuild them. :)

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
My rebuilt coils always vary between 1.6 and 1.7 ohms (most of the time, 1.6). I've adapted well to these resistance readings and I am happy with that so I'm not going to try and tweak mine because they work fine for me. I've been told that others are reading between 1.2 and 1.5. I guess it does depend on how you rebuild them. :)
I thought on a dual coil build like the Lyche RBA, you had to have matching coils? Is it OK if they are just close n resistance instead of exactly matching?

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I thought on a dual coil build like the Lyche RBA, you had to have matching coils? Is it OK if they are just close n resistance instead of exactly matching?
I guess it depends on how what you mean by "close". If they aren't at least fairly close, they will heat up at different rates. If they're really far apart, then most of your vapor will be coming off of one coil. If both coils have the same number of wraps of the same gauge and type of wire with the same internal diameter, they should be close enough in resistance and the coils should glow evenly and ramp up at the same pace.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
A little quiet in here lately!
Happy Cinco de Mayo, friends!
cinco-de-mayo-in-new-jersey.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread