Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Ahh I see I have a lot to learn about recoiling GS Air coils.
Thanks a bunch for the guidance.
I'm hardly one to give guidance, I just happened to throw my hat over the fence first. :laugh:
I do need to do some experimenting with different size wire and ohms. Variety is the spice of life.

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
I've done a 2.5mm coils, I just use a 2mm mandrel to help position it in relation to the holes in the TC GS-Air Coils, even tried winding one on a zip tie for an oval coil, ONCE. Not worth the effort. I can see that I could put the 345 mesh inside the shell of the 1.2 ohm coil, and then try to position the new coil while it was already wicked in their, but somehow I don't see that turning out too well, probably still flood, or leak! Even then I'd have to do a complete rebuild every time instead of just re-wicking it. Don't think it would be worth the hassle! I have some 1.5 Ohm coils on the way now! But in the mean time these 1.2 coils taste darn good at 14 Watts!

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
It's been a while since I rebuilt a GS-Air coil - been playing with a Kayfun Mini v3 clone for the last few weeks - but doesn't a 3/32" drill bit fit quite well in the slots in the 1.5 ohm casing? As I recall, it's just a hair shy of 2.5 mm. (My GS coils are all rebuilt at the moment and I don't want to take one apart just to double-check that.)

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
This is funny. The Kanthal is "free" The price of the mesh was $3.40 until you choose a gauge of Kanthal which is "free" but the price jumps up to $5.80. o_O That doesn't look like its "free" to me. :glare:
I think it's just the way they set it up. It's actually the size of the mesh you order that changes the price, but it doesn't show up until you complete the process by selecting a wire gauge. The 4x5 sheet is $3.40, and the largest sheet is $7.40. Try selecting the 4x5 sheet then the wire, and you'll see what I'm clumsily trying to say. Then change the size of the sheet, and you'll see the price change. If you selected the 6x8 sheet, that's why it went up to $5.80. The wire is actually free.

Last edited:

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Congrats are in order to our very own @rocketman29 ! He was the winner of a $50 gift certificate to The Plume Room. (One of my absolute favorite ELiquid vendors. The Plume Room | Award winning eLiquid for picky vapers!)

Big Congrats to you Rocketman29!!! WAY TO GO!
Let me know if you need flavor suggestions! They are all good!

congrats_2.gif

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I think it's just the way they set it up. It's actually the size of the mesh you order that changes the price, but it doesn't show up until you complete the process by selecting a wire gauge. The 4x5 sheet is $3.40, and the largest sheet is $7.40. Try selecting the 4x5 sheet then the wire, and you'll see what I'm clumsily trying to say. Then change the size of the sheet, and you'll see the price change. If you selected the 6x8 sheet, that's why it went up to $5.80. The wire is actually free.
That makes sense Mike..Thanks!! :)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
We'll help you catch up - if it works for you, it's as good as you need, right?
What have you been grilling and smokin' lately? You always had the best menu in town.
Thanks Nanny. I've been mostly doin ribs and butts. The Walmart here just started carryin whole briskets again so I'm gonna try to stock up while I can. They only had 1 left hand brisket out of the 4 and it was stiff. I'm gonna ask them tomorrow if they have any more in the back. I can't believe they had a little 8 pounder for sale. I like them around 12 pounds. I think I'd better stock some nic liquid too.:)

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Thanks Nanny. I've been mostly doin ribs and butts. The Walmart here just started carryin whole briskets again so I'm gonna try to stock up while I can. They only had 1 left hand brisket out of the 4 and it was stiff. I'm gonna ask them tomorrow if they have any more in the back. I can't believe they had a little 8 pounder for sale. I like them around 12 pounds. I think I'd better stock some nic liquid too.:)
Sounds delicious! Good to see you around here again! :)

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread