Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

te.tadoari

Aug 10, 2016
Kyiv, UA
I haven't tried the 1.2 ohm coils either. I think most people preferred the 1.5 ohm coils because they're horizontal single coils and are easy to rebuild.
I'm not really into rebuilding for now. Not that it seems too complicated but like I'm being too lazy ))

If I'm not mistaken, the 1.2s were vertical coils. Also, the 1.5 coils actually had silica wicks with cotton surrounds. I don't like the taste of silica wicks, so I rebuilt the wicks with cotton before even using them. I think many people didn't care either way and used them before rebuilding. Those 1.5s last surprisingly long before having to be re-built/wicked.
Looks like 1.2s being vertical and that kind of setup seems preferred to me for noe.
And 1.2s are with organic cotton (as stated by Eleaf). So, I've orderd some of them from China.

Welcome to the AirHeads, @te.tadoari ! Nice to meet you!
Hope you will hang out here with us more often.
Here's your AirHeads T-shirt!
Oh, thank you Nanny22!
Is worldwide shipping applicable? )))))))

just for a refresher on the GS tanks (some older pix) :) @te.tadoari
:thumb:
Thanx! As so, GS-Tank seems to be the newest of the Air lineup?

Oops, my bad. Your tank in the photo looks to me just like an MS.

Edit: I just took a more careful look at that photo and the top is not quite the same. It's flat where mine are beveled.
The base looks different too. It's just plain and shiny on GS-Tank.

I loved my 1979 Volkswagen Beetle too, but I wouldn't want to drive it today. :lol:
You must have not driven a correctly modified Beetle ))))

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Welcome to the funhouse, te.t!

For over a year, the gs-air family of tanks served me well every day. Though I have moved on to something else now, and given those tanks to friends, I have good memories of them with some coils, most certainly not including the 1.2 ohm cotton wick variety.

The 1.5 ohm dual coils heads were always reliable, good tasting, and long lasting.
The 0.75 ohm coils provided better flavor and vapor.
The Ni tc coils were good in combination with a mod other than the eleaf 40 tc. Your Pico should be fine with those.

What did I so dislike about the 1.2 ohm cotton wick coils?
1) The cotton wick- quickly and easily saturated, causing leaks, gurgles, and a generally awful vape.
2) The cotton wick- As you may well have discovered by now, once cotton is burned or
absorbs any bad flavor, it cannot be returned to a useful state.

If,you can find a source for the 1.5 ohm coils, I think you will enjoy them more.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
I had a 71 bug as well.
And they DO float.
I stand corrected, it was a '71 Beetle. I was trying to erase a few years. :lol:
Someone told me it was a super beetle, but it didn't have the curved windshield.
I had a '73 VW Bug. Bright yellow and it was my first "new" car. I loved that thing, but it sure was cold, being in Michigan. The heater fan went faster the faster you drove. Unfortunately, you can't drive fast in snow and ice!
My dad called it a "pregnant roller-skate." He was a long distance trucker with a big rig that hauled 8 Cadillacs at a time. I guess to him that little car did look like a toy.

@Robert Cromwell - I have a feeling there's a story behind you finding out yours would FLOAT! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
Recoiling video for the 1.2 ohm vertical coils...

I love those things! Well at least when the manhole cover cooperates! Easy to re-wick, just pull out the old and put in the new! If you have a good ultrasonic cleaner you can even clean off the gunky coil wire before re-wicking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread