Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
Cheechako do you still have the link to that video showing how to get that darned metal insert out of the top ring of the Ego One CLR coils? I know I should have book marked it, but I just now have one that completely unscrews itself from the base every time I want to add ejuice!

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
After much searching and consulting with the highest authorities at Stuckies, Here it is...

I've been thinking it would be easier with a drill press and the appropriate bit.
Not to drill it out, but to use it as a press and the drill bit to push the ring out.

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
Cheechako do you still have the link to that video showing how to get that darned metal insert out of the top ring of the Ego One CLR coils? I know I should have book marked it, but I just now have one that completely unscrews itself from the base every time I want to add ejuice!

I have 1 so far that dose that.. A simple trick I discovered by changing the cotton on the CLR to rayon ...was to not put the top of the CLR on tight.. so when I took the bottom off to refill the top ring nut unscrewed leaving the coil still screwed in the base.. just popped it out of the center and screwed back on top of the CLR coil again not tightening it.

Whew that was a lot of typing just for screwing a nut down a little loose... :) :)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I'm confused

kinda hard to explain (not in person) with words o_O
but here goes, if this is what I think you're asking...

upload_2016-8-21_12-43-45.png

upload_2016-8-21_12-44-44.png

:headbang:

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
I had never had it happen before that the whole coil unscrewed and stayed in the top of the tank. This latest batch of CLR coils must be just slightly different than the ones I had bought previously, I have had them loosen up in the base and have had them where the the little coil cap would unscrew almost all the way, That was a minor annoyance, but having to fish out the whole coil is a PITA, so very glad that the, "Knock out the Pressed in ring" trick seems to have done the trick!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
no , never had a complete coil come out on me (don't think)

but the cap comes off many-a-time...
upload_2016-8-21_17-21-16.png

I feel it is a perfect 'fit' , mashin the coil cap into the air tube
creating a good seal, which in turn allows the ego one to work so well
the cap is sealed in there so when you unscrew, it stays put but the coil/base rotates
I still lube the cap o-ring , but it helps not

have no idea why that tin insert is there o_O

and why/how removing would help (either way)

:confused:

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
no , never had a complete coil come out on me (don't think)

but the cap comes off many-a-time...
View attachment 591683
I feel it is a perfect 'fit' , mashin the coil cap into the air tube
creating a good seal, which in turn allows the ego one to work so well
the cap is sealed in there so when you unscrew, it stays put but the coil/base rotates
I still lube the cap o-ring , but it helps not

have no idea why that tin insert is there o_O

and why/how removing would help (either way)

:confused:
Not one hundred percent sure, but I think it lets the cap screw down just that tiny bit more, that it isn't jammed quite so fiercely into the chimney, that it bottoms out , but just seals on the sides instead. that's my guess though it does make a big difference!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Not one hundred percent sure, but I think it lets the cap screw down just that tiny bit more, that it isn't jammed quite so fiercely into the chimney,
that it bottoms out , but just seals on the sides instead. that's my guess though it does make a big difference!

ok , gotcha

the older ego one tanks have a bigger center air tube, and NO seal inside...

the newer ego one tanks (air tube) are smaller overall (inside and out) and now include a silicone washer inside...

so the new tanks have a smaller air passage, but I'd not know if I couldn't see it :|

upload_2016-8-22_13-16-50.png

:evil:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
so the new tanks have a smaller air passage, but I'd not know if I couldn't see it :|

They do? Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I was thinking about getting a V2, but now you got me worried. Puff! I like the airflow in the old eGo Ones just fine. I don't want sticking caps either. It happened to me once at the beginning and I didn't care for that at all. Lots of work to dig that cap out.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
They do? Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I was thinking about getting a V2, but now you got me worried.
Puff! I like the airflow in the old eGo Ones just fine.
I don't want sticking caps either. It happened to me once at the beginning and I didn't care for that at all. Lots of work to dig that cap out.

well, like I said, couldn't tell the difference, I SEEN it (by looking I can tell size difference)
so far as I'm concerned, same air draw (to me)

then I say, just poke your base/coil back in, catch a thread on the cap, pull it out (ez-pz)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread