Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
So today after receiving most of my coiling tools and expecting the wire to reach me soon, I decided to open up the Air coils. I screwed the coil into the base and the base into my iStick 30w, pulled the cap with pliers and with a bit of force, it was open. As expected, it was horrible inside. The cotton was completely burnt. Then I decided to open the other two used ones I had. Did the same again but this time I decided to use my old EGO battery instead of the iStick. Pulled the cap and it wouldn't come off. Pulled more and more until this happened. The third one was only as difficult as the first one. However the second one, I've been unable to open up even with double the force.

Attachments

• IMG_20161027_201753-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20161027_201753-600x800.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 37

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
So today after receiving most of my coiling tools and expecting the wire to reach me soon, I decided to open up the Air coils. I screwed the coil into the base and the base into my iStick 30w, pulled the cap with pliers and with a bit of force, it was open. As expected, it was horrible inside. The cotton was completely burnt. Then I decided to open the other two used ones I had. Did the same again but this time I decided to use my old EGO battery instead of the iStick. Pulled the cap and it wouldn't come off. Pulled more and more until this happened. The third one was only as difficult as the first one. However the second one, I've been unable to open up even with double the force.
Uh-Oh, that's not good! Have you looked at @Cheechako 's blog for some tips on removing the cap more easily? Lots of great, helpful info: Recoiling The GS Air | E-Cigarette Forum

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
Uh-Oh, that's not good! Have you looked at @Cheechako 's blog for some tips on removing the cap more easily? Lots of great, helpful info: Recoiling The GS Air | E-Cigarette Forum
Yeah I saw that. The easiest method seemed to be using the tank but the the tank I have doesn't have a removable drip tip (or only I can't get it off). It's the one that comes with iStick basic. I also tried twisting etc but didn't work. I think this particular coil is just doesn't like being naked in front of me :oops:

Reactions: Nanny22

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Yeah I saw that. The easiest method seemed to be using the tank but the the tank I have doesn't have a removable drip tip (or only I can't get it off). It's the one that comes with iStick basic.
I have four iStick basics. The drip tips come off, but it's tight the first time. I also had a terrible time getting the top cap off the coil the first few times. Now, my biggest challenge is getting it back on properly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread