Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
My vape is
3 various cheap brass mechanical mods from fasttech $6.79 King II Styled Mechanical Mod - brass / 18350/18500/18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
6 18650 batteries 2 LG INR 18650 HG2 HIGH DRAIN 20A RECHARGEABLE Battery 3000mAh BROWN F.T w/ case | eBay
3 GS Tanks with 1.2 or 1.5 ohm coils $10.94 Authentic Eleaf GS-Tank Bottom Coil Clearomizer - 3ml / 0.15ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
And 3 of these cool drip tips $1.87 Glass + Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tip - 39.6mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping (have to wrap a little dental floss around the o ring to get them to fit nice and snug).

Snapshot_20161114_1.JPG

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Not sure if they're the same coils but I rebuilt one that came with the clone GS Air M and MSs that I bought from fasttech.

They are not exactly the same but they do disassemble the same way. The slots on the sides of the coil chamber are smaller. I couldn't fit a 2mm mandrel in there. Also, the silicone washer on top is much thicker so there was a small gap where the base screws on.

I decided to build an oval coil using 2 finishing nails,that measured about 1.8mm, glued together . I used 28 gauge kanthal and 300 SS mesh for the liner. It came out in the 2 ohm range which is a little high for my tastes so I didn't use it much.

I decided to try again today. I used the same method as before with 5 wraps of 28 gauge wicked with Ko Gen Do cotton. This time it measured about 1.2 ohms. It seems to work OK but I think the 300 SS mesh is a bit tight for my high VG juice. I might pick up some 200 or 250.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Not sure if they're the same coils but I rebuilt one that came with the clone GS Air M and MSs that I bought from fasttech.

They are not exactly the same but they do disassemble the same way. The slots on the sides of the coil chamber are smaller. I couldn't fit a 2mm mandrel in there. Also, the silicone washer on top is much thicker so there was a small gap where the base screws on.

I decided to build an oval coil using 2 finishing nails,that measured about 1.8mm, glued together . I used 28 gauge kanthal and 300 SS mesh for the liner. It came out in the 2 ohm range which is a little high for my tastes so I didn't use it much.

I decided to try again today. I used the same method as before with 5 wraps of 28 gauge wicked with Ko Gen Do cotton. This time it measured about 1.2 ohms. It seems to work OK but I think the 300 SS mesh is a bit tight for my high VG juice. I might pick up some 200 or 250.

I was building some oval coils and I used some small zip-ties to wrap around - worked pretty good...

upload_2016-11-23_14-0-43.png

;)

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Which eleaf tank is the best? I will be ordering from sweet-vapes.com
Probably the GS Air M.

I prefer the GS Tank but it comes with nickel coils for temp control. I use the regular 1.5 ohm coils in mine.

They are on sale at gotvapes for $4.95 limit of 2.

Reactions: Koolkiz

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Many of the eLeaf tanks are very similar so it often comes down to personal preference and such factors as size/price etc. I'm a big fan of Sweet-Vapes, but if I could, I'd like to make a suggestion offered by Gotvapes.

Eleaf GS-Tank Temperature Control 3ml Stainless & Glass [gv=EleafGSTankTC] - $4.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

One of our other members, IMRs, came across this deal and shared it. I'm a fan of eLeaf tanks, so I bought two. After trying them, I bought two more. Excellent and versatile atty for $4.95 while on sale.

They come with TC coils, but I'm a dedicated Tootle Puffer, so I just put 1.5Ω coils in them and love the vape. Just a suggestion if you're looking for something to try. Can't beat the price.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California

Go here and use President as the Coupon Code for the GS Air M Tank and the 1.5 Ohm Coils. I did the math and this place is the cheapest;

Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

Then grab a couple of the TC Tanks from gotvapes and use the 1.5 Coils in them as suggested above.

The GS Air M is a great Tank with the 1.5's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Go here and use President as the Coupon Code for the GS Air M Tank and the 1.5 Ohm Coils. I did the math and this place is the cheapest;

Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

Then grab a couple of the TC Tanks from gotvapes and use the 1.5 Coils in them as suggested above.

The GS Air M is a great Tank with the 1.5's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you are enjoying these tanks, my friend! They are inexpensive, don't waste juice, and have great flavor. Win/win
giphy.gif

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
I'll acknowledge up front that this is a dumb question, but, hey, I never let that stop me before. So...several of you use an Evod base while rebuilding the 1.5Ω coil. If you have a moment, could someone post a link to an Evod base for me? When I search, I find tons of Evod stuff and can't quite figure out what I should order. I wasn't around when that equipment was in heavy use, so it's all foreign to me.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I'll acknowledge up front that this is a dumb question, but, hey, I never let that stop me before. So...several of you use an Evod base while rebuilding the 1.5Ω coil. If you have a moment, could someone post a link to an Evod base for me? When I search, I find tons of Evod stuff and can't quite figure out what I should order. I wasn't around when that equipment was in heavy use, so it's all foreign to me.

the T3s/MT3s bases are cooler because they are 'knurled' , making them LESS slippery :D (cheap too)

- Kanger T3 Replacement Base, Kanger MT3s Base, Kanger T3s Base

upload_2016-11-25_17-38-50.png

:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread