Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
Have you gone to the order page and checked the tracking information? Rocky Mountain Vapor has an excellent reputation. No company is perfect, of course, but I'd be willing to bet you are experiencing a mail problem, especially considering the volume USPS is dealing with right now. Good luck.
It states it is still in transit-so I will wait it out. Thanks!

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
It states it is still in transit-so I will wait it out. Thanks!
Wow! I'm finally going to get my items today. I have had faster delivery from China. USPS you need to step up your game. Planning to order some M tanks after I take a look at my order today.

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
•ya know the `ole sayin' - "practice makes perfect" :D

•I've definately experienced 'slightly off' or 'kinda foul' taste from new cotton & rayon, which goes away fairly qwik... :)
I rebuilt it this weekend and yes the off taste came back. It's aweful. I wish I could just dry burn the break in period.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
I rebuilt it this weekend and yes the off taste came back. It's aweful. I wish I could just dry burn the break in period.
You can shorten (and sometimes eliminate) the break-in period. After I get the wick in and before putting the cap back on, I soak the cotton in juice and burn it several times before actually starting to vape. I always make sure to keep plenty of juice on there so I don't burn the cotton. It cuts down on that "new cotton" (or rayon) taste you can get.

I've had that happen at times, other times it's hardly noticeable. When I do get that taste, I always wonder if I've over-wicked the coil. Hard to tell.

Good luck.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
:2c: I do this everyday (break-in a new build/rewick)

very gently I "breath" into device to blow the new particulates, yuk, foulness, contaminants, or whatever might accompy a new build...

I just DON'T WANNA INHALE those first several fired hits

I say ' breath into ' because you don't want to BLOW into the mouthpiece and cause troubles with syphoning

but I breath into while firing for first several hits, then I gently 'huff' - meaning I breath in, then suc out (without inhale)

after my OCD is satisfied, I vape a few hits then start with raising the watts/temp° to where I like :)

boy, after writing it all out it sounds like an afternoon worth of time spent - but it goes qwik, maybe a minute or so...

:glug::2c:

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
:2c: I do this everyday (break-in a new build/rewick)

very gently I "breath" into device to blow the new particulates, yuk, foulness, contaminants, or whatever might accompy a new build...

I just DON'T WANNA INHALE those first several fired hits

I say ' breath into ' because you don't want to BLOW into the mouthpiece and cause troubles with syphoning

but I breath into while firing for first several hits, then I gently 'huff' - meaning I breath in, then suc out (without inhale)

after my OCD is satisfied, I vape a few hits then start with raising the watts/temp° to where I like :)

boy, after writing it all out it sounds like an afternoon worth of time spent - but it goes qwik, maybe a minute or so...

:glug::2c:
I broke out in a sweat reading that...:D

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I broke out in a sweat reading that...:D

no need to worry, with all that breathin', I can assure you I brushed & gargled... :D

upload_2016-12-6_17-49-26.png
upload_2016-12-6_17-53-30.png

:laugh:

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
Just now my iStick burnt another coil minutes after switching to wattage mode and I rebuilt it real quick and while dry burning it I noticed the smoke coming out of it smelled like the off taste I was getting. So I kept dry burning it in short bursts until the smoke stopped. Then to be on the safe side I also did the "breathing into it" thing. And the off taste wasn't there after that :D I guess it was the oil on the wire after all! I really appreciate all the help from you guys :)

Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Just now my iStick burnt another coil minutes after switching to wattage mode and I rebuilt it real quick
and while dry burning it I noticed the smoke coming out of it smelled like the off taste I was getting. So I kept dry burning it in short bursts until the smoke stopped. Then to be on the safe side I also did the "breathing into it" thing. And the off taste wasn't there after that :D I guess it was the oil on the wire after all! I really appreciate all the help from you guys :)

:danger:
Don't Breath that SMOKE from a dry wire coil- some say it is toxic - I don't mess with it (since I have a choice) and stay away from fumes of dry wire :shock:

cool-glad to hear maybe you found your foul taste

:)

Reactions: Mohid

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
Happiness is a new coil.

If they don't last a week I'm bummed. Some last a couple weeks, some a couple days. (I don't rebuild).

I never use dark juices because I've heard they clog the coils faster, may be an "old wive's tale" though.

I tried soaking my old ones in vodka a couple days, then water, then drying out really good, but the used ones are still hard to draw through.

I just ordered another 15 from Rocky Mountain just to be sure I have plenty (code "turkey" still takes 30% off).

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Happiness is a new coil. If they don't last a week I'm bummed. Some last a couple weeks, some a couple days. (I don't rebuild).

I tried soaking my old ones in vodka a couple days, then water, then drying out really good, but the used ones are still hard to draw through.

I just ordered another 15 from Rocky Mountain just to be sure I have plenty (code "turkey" still takes 30% off).

yepper, ya just can't get by without a cleaning with those coils
ya REALLY need to get into taking them apart or MAYBE try another coil system you can re work

if you don't have a problem BUYING replacement coils, all is good...

before, they were built using silica wick, in which you could dry burn with no fault
but now, most use cotton inside, which prevents you from dry-burn cleaning like days gone by :(

good luck
:)

Reactions: Unhooked

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Happiness is a new coil.

If they don't last a week I'm bummed. Some last a couple weeks, some a couple days. (I don't rebuild).

I never use dark juices because I've heard they clog the coils faster, may be an "old wive's tale" though.

I tried all kinds of ways to extend the life of the Air coils, using a syringe to flush water through them,
soaking, you name it. Since they are such a contained coil system, nothing seemed to work very well.
If you really like the performance, recoiling is the way to go. Not easy, but worth the effort.
Check out my blog to see what you get yourself into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread