Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
The only change I've noticed with a well-used coil is that the taste starts to go off a little bit, and that's usually after weeks of steady use. In fact, whenever I put a new coil in, there is a noticeable increase in power, so I don't know why you're getting more heat with an older coil. Hopefully, smarter guys/gals than me (which means all of them) will be able to help you more.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
Like a dope I dropped two of my 3 mods yesterday and cracked the glass on both GS-Tanks. I wonder if it can be replaced? Ordered two more from MyVape.com (formerly gotvapes.com) anyway. I don't imagine I could have the glass shipped for less than $5 each anyway and the tanks were only about $18 for two shipped, minus the coupon code which I could not get to apply and have to email them about.

Eleaf GS-Tank Temperature Control 3ml Stainless & Glass [gv=EleafGSTankTC] - $6.95 : MyVape.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

To celebrate and kick things off in a big way we are offering this coupon below to receive 35% off your purchase through January 14th, then after, and through the end of the month of January you can use the same code for 25% OFF. This code stacks on your Newsletter and Super VIP discounts! And, you can use the codes a many times as you wish and on anything in the store (except for the tees below): hellomyvape

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Like a dope I dropped two of my 3 mods yesterday and cracked the glass on both GS-Tanks. I wonder if it can be replaced? Ordered two more from MyVape.com (formerly gotvapes.com) anyway. I don't imagine I could have the glass shipped for less than $5 each anyway and the tanks were only about $18 for two shipped, minus the coupon code which I could not get to apply and have to email them about.

Eleaf GS-Tank Temperature Control 3ml Stainless & Glass [gv=EleafGSTankTC] - $6.95 : MyVape.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
I've never seen replacements for these. They're cheaper to buy outright anyhow. 6.95 a piece is a very good deal! :)

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Hi folks! It's time for me to get more coils for my GS tanks but I am not sure whether I should get the regular coils or the ones with the organic cotton!
Any suggestions??????
I stick with the 1.5 Ohm ones. I tried the 1.2 ones when they first came out, but they burned out too quickly. The 0.75 aren't bad if you want to go subohm. JMO

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Can someone tell me if these insulators will work in the 1.5 coils?

50-pack Rubber Insulators for Coil Rebuilding by clonecores

@Cheechako linked to some from Ebay in his blog, but they are sold out. I followed his link for o-rings to Fasttech and plan to order those. I'm having a hard time determining which rubber insulators I need, though.
Mike if you figure out where to buy the right insulators please PM me. I have a bunch but wan to stock up.

Another question: @Cheechako in his blog talked about using SS mesh to wrap inside the cap. I dont have that but I have a huge roll of fiberglass window screening. Anyone ever try that? is there any health/safety dangers to using it?

Reactions: pufZeppelin

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I tried all kinds of ways to extend the life of the Air coils, using a syringe to flush water through them,
soaking, you name it. Since they are such a contained coil system, nothing seemed to work very well.
If you really like the performance, recoiling is the way to go. Not easy, but worth the effort.
Check out my blog to see what you get yourself into.
Hey thanks for putting that video together. And I must say I would rather re-build an Air coil any day that try to wrap the wire around those stupid screws in my Kayfun without the wire popping out. I dont find the Air coils hard at all!

About extending their life. I rinse mine out with hot water really well then I soak them in vodka for at least twelve hours, then rinse again and use. I only do that with the factory coils, not my rebuilts. After their vodka bath I usually get another week of use but the flavor isnt quite as good.

Reactions: aikanae1

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Mike if you figure out where to buy the right insulators please PM me. I have a bunch but wan to stock up.

Another question: @Cheechako in his blog talked about using SS mesh to wrap inside the cap. I dont have that but I have a huge roll of fiberglass window screening. Anyone ever try that? is there any health/safety dangers to using it?

where HEAT is involved, fiberglass DOES NOT sound like a good idea :unsure::blink::eek:

- Stainless Steel Mesh

Reactions: Bea-FL

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
where HEAT is involved, fiberglass DOES NOT sound like a good idea :unsure::blink::eek:

- Stainless Steel Mesh
Puff a few pages back you posted a link for the SS mesh but that site is not working at this time and neither is the one Cheech posted. I found this one on FT
$2.11 Authentic Clrane 316 Stainless Steel Mesh for E-Cigarette (5-Pack) - 300 mesh number at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I dont really understand what the numbers mean. It says 300 mesh but the title says 316. Anyway will this work? It's cheap!

Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Puff a few pages back you posted a link for the SS mesh but that site is not working at this time and neither is the one Cheech posted. I found this one on FT
$2.11 Authentic Clrane 316 Stainless Steel Mesh for E-Cigarette (5-Pack) - 300 mesh number at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I dont really understand what the numbers mean. It says 300 mesh but the title says 316. Anyway will this work? It's cheap!

ya gotta think of the "mesh" like bed sheet 'thread count'
here be an EXAMPLE :
upload_2017-2-3_18-43-55.png

:)

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee

Bea, I think Puf successfully answered your fiberglass question, which is good because I had no idea. I'd order some of the SS Mesh, and in the meantime, you can just rinse cotton wraps that come inside the cap. They clean up pretty well at least for a while.

ETA: I just checked and my SS mesh is 325. Works fine. I think some others were ordering 400 (maybe?).

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Bea, I think Puf successfully answered your fiberglass question, which is good because I had no idea. I'd order some of the SS Mesh, and in the meantime, you can just rinse cotton wraps that come inside the cap. They clean up pretty well at least for a while.

ETA: I just checked and my SS mesh is 325. Works fine. I think some others were ordering 400 (maybe?).
Thanks Mike. Yup that's what I've been doing…washing and re-using the wraps. So far they're holding up just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread