Status
Not open for further replies.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Question....Did eleaf stop making the GS Air M?....Not to be found on their website.
This company still has them & I've bought several things from them. Very Reliable. Eleaf GS Air M

FT still sells clones but the bases are aweful. If you dont rebuild their coils FT sells those too. I bought lots of them from them and every few there will be one that is a dud but mostly they're ok and pretty inexpensive. $10 for 10!
$10.38 Free Shipping Replacement Coil Head for Eleaf GS Air Clearomizer (10-Pack) (1.5ohm, 10-Pack) at m.FastTech.com

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I was reading up on long-term battery storage at Battery University and found out the best way is at around 32-33 degrees with a 40% charge they will retain a 98% recharge rate.

Can this be done with non-rechargeables? They too contain lithium bats but can the electronics of the mod be damaged at those temps? I have a couple older istick minis I'd like to store in my stash.

Reactions: aikanae1

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Thanks Bea....I bought a couple from Sweet Vapes, they appear to still be readily available, just not on Eleaf product line is why I asked.
If you like the GS Airs, like the rest of us, you might want to look into the Joyetech Ego One Mega tanks with the CLR coils. Comparable flavor and you can REWICK the CLR indefinitely and never have to buy coils again. ANYONE can re-wick, it does NOT involve building a coil with wire. EVEN I CAN DO IT. Here's a link : Joye eGo ONE V2 Mega Tank - Stainless Steel
And here are the rebuildable CLR coils: Joyetech eGo ONE CLR Replacement Atomizer heads
If you would like to mimic the Mouth to lung draw of the GS Air tank, order the 1.0 CLR coil.

Not taking anything away from the GS Air line of tanks - they still have a great purpose and do their job very well. I'm frugal, still use the GS AIR tanks, but would prefer not to have to hope coils will always be available.

Reactions: Bea-FL

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
If you like the GS Airs, like the rest of us, you might want to look into the Joyetech Ego One Mega tanks with the CLR coils. Comparable flavor and you can REWICK the CLR indefinitely and never have to buy coils again. ANYONE can re-wick, it does NOT involve building a coil with wire. EVEN I CAN DO IT. Here's a link : Joye eGo ONE V2 Mega Tank - Stainless Steel
And here are the rebuildable CLR coils: Joyetech eGo ONE CLR Replacement Atomizer heads
If you would like to mimic the Mouth to lung draw of the GS Air tank, order the 1.0 CLR coil.

Not taking anything away from the GS Air line of tanks - they still have a great purpose and do their job very well. I'm frugal, still use the GS AIR tanks, but would prefer not to have to hope coils will always be available.
Great advice. I too bought one of the Ego One smaller tanks and some CLR coils. So easy to open!

As far as the GS Air coils have you ever tried to rebuild them. Before the first time I tried I thought it would be very difficult but to my surprise it wasnt. The only hard part was removing the cap the first time. After that it comes off easy.

To be honest I find it easier to coil these things than conventional RBAs because I have difficulty capturing the wire under the screws.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
I have not tried rebuilding the GS Air coils YET, Bea. I had a dear friend who rebuilt quite a few for me in the beginning, and I currently have 50 or more waiting to be rebuilt when I get around to trying. Just as I had resigned myself to learning to do the GS Air coils myself, the Ego One CLR coil came along. I've only thrown away ONE CLR COIL since JUNE, so I have PROCRASTINATED on the GS Air coils again. The dirty ones are still waiting in a pill bottle for that day I get back to them. I guess I am the queen of excuses, because there are so many helpful people here to walk me through it, I know I would not get stuck for long. And the flavor was very good.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Hey @Cheechako and other GS Air-M tank users.

A few days ago I dropped my mod with this tank, a GS Air-MS, on it. This evening I unscrewed the bottom of the tank (that contains the AFC) as I always do to refill it. Only the bottom didnt unscrew as usual. The entire bottom of the tank (#2) came off! Next thing I know the clear cylinder part also came loose from the top (#1). Apparently there are O-rings inside the grooves of the top and the bottom where the cylinder fits. I discovered that the two parts where the arrows point actually screw together wedging the cylinder in between.

Are these tanks are supposed to come apart? None of my other dozen of these tanks do…when I first got them I checked to see but I didnt wrestle them.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida

A few days ago I dropped my mod with this tank, a GS Air-MS, on it. This evening I unscrewed the bottom of the tank (that contains the AFC) as I always do to refill it. Only the bottom didnt unscrew as usual. The entire bottom of the tank (#2) came off! Next thing I know the clear cylinder part also came loose from the top (#1). Apparently there are O-rings inside the grooves of the top and the bottom where the cylinder fits. I discovered that the two parts where the arrows point actually screw together wedging the cylinder in between.

Are these tanks are supposed to come apart? None of my other dozen of these tanks do…when I first got them I checked to see but I didnt wrestle them.
View attachment 636681
Bea, I had the same issue with one of my GS Air MS tanks and thought 'oh nooo'....but I did manage to put it together again. . Now, I'm careful to unscrew just at the bottom and not put my thumb and index finger above the ridges. I also support the cylinder with it's metal base with my left thumb and index finger while loosening the atty part so as not to misalign those O-rings......

Oh, and no other GS Air tanks seem to have that problem, so I'm chalking it up to whatever it is you chalk things up to when they work less than ideal.

HTH

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Bea, I had the same issue with one of my GS Air MS tanks and thought 'oh nooo'....but I did manage to put it together again. . Now, I'm careful to unscrew just at the bottom and not put my thumb and index finger above the ridges. I also support the cylinder with it's metal base with my left thumb and index finger while loosening the atty part so as not to misalign those O-rings......

Oh, and no other GS Air tanks seem to have that problem, so I'm chalking it up to whatever it is you chalk things up to when they work less than ideal.

HTH
OMG when it happened I almost panicked. I know things can break so when I planned for what I needed for the rest of my life I stashed away about a dozen of them plus some other tanks. I've been using these tanks for two years without once dropping one or having any other issues and in the last two weeks I dropped one three times which bent the 510 pin on one and now this tank fell apart. At this rate they wont last my life expectancy. :(. I almost had that panicky feeling I used to get when I needed a smoke and was out of cigs.

I also do what you do when I unscrew my tanks but this one must have loosened up from the drop.

Have you had any leaking issues with yoyrs after you put it back together?

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
OMG when it happened I almost panicked. I know things can break so when I planned for what I needed for the rest of my life I stashed away about a dozen of them plus some other tanks. I've been using these tanks for two years without once dropping one or having any other issues and in the last two weeks I dropped one three times which bent the 510 pin on one and now this tank fell apart. At this rate they wont last my life expectancy. :(. I almost had that panicky feeling I used to get when I needed a smoke and was out of cigs.

I also do what you do when I unscrew my tanks but this one must have loosened up from the drop.

Have you had any leaking issues with yoyrs after you put it back together?
None at all, thank God!

Reactions: Bea-FL

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona

View attachment 636681
You probably noticed the "Pipe Dope" like stuff on the threads, they put some sort of glue on 'em to keep them from
coming apart. as noted above, just be careful every time you take it off the tank.
Everyone was wondering how to get these little marvels apart for cleaning, those of us that had this happen,
hate it.
You can put a bit of silicon sealant on the threads and put it back together as a sort of glue. Not really worth
the effort and goodness knows what chemicals you introduce into your tank. :shock:

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
You probably noticed the "Pipe Dope" like stuff on the threads, they put some sort of glue on 'em to keep them from
coming apart. as noted above, just be careful every time you take it off the tank.
Everyone was wondering how to get these little marvels apart for cleaning, those of us that had this happen,
hate it.
You can put a bit of silicon sealant on the threads and put it back together as a sort of glue. Not really worth
the effort and goodness knows what chemicals you introduce into your tank. :shock:
wha....wai...the monkey face is familiar, but the name eludes me. Welcome, stranger.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
not sure if any of you air-heads care or are interested, but I seen this tank (MS copy ?) (doesn't say if it is a 22mm)

and just thought I'd pass it along for your viewing pleasure... :D

View attachment 636735

hey ya @Cheechako - good to see ya ~ how ya been / where ya been :thumb:
Doing good @pufZeppelin! Watching you help all the good folks over on the CLR thread.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
wha....wai...the monkey face is familiar, but the name eludes me. Welcome, stranger.
None stranger than me! :lol:
Howdy @MikeADore ! Sorely tempted to take down the blog on Air coils since I don't use them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread