Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Is that the air coil? I thought Melo took the EC coil already (without sleeve)?

the " sleeve " allows you to use your old GS coils by 'inserting' them into the cool new sleeve
now you can use your GS coil in many tanks... (pretty cool)

upload_2017-3-12_13-18-18.png

:)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
the " sleeve " allows you to use your old GS coils by 'inserting' them into the cool new sleeve
now you can use your GS coil in many tanks... (pretty cool)

View attachment 640769
According to the FT description the sleeve makes the coils compatible with ijust and all the melos. Any others you're aware off?

Reactions: pufZeppelin

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
here's a list of how mvs sells them...

No Triton?

I'm not aware of any retailer listing all the compatabilities with atty's. Sweet Vapes used to have a great list, but they discontinued it. I've heard Melo will take up to 23 different coils but I've never seen a list.

There was a thread on ecf listing Atlantis tank/coil compatability; https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/index.php?posts/15642994

Maybe I'm not understanding, it's a sleeve, right? Or is it a modification? I went to MVS and didn't see it.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
No Triton?

I'm not aware of any retailer listing all the compatabilities with atty's. Sweet Vapes used to have a great list, but they discontinued it. I've heard Melo will take up to 23 different coils but I've never seen a list.

There was a thread on ecf listing Atlantis tank/coil compatability; https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/index.php?posts/15642994

Maybe I'm not understanding, it's a sleeve, right? Or is it a modification? I went to MVS and didn't see it.

yepper, that is funny because Triton and Atlantis coils interchange

- - -

of course both are made by Eleaf - the Melo "SLEEVE" and the GS Air coil
the sleeve is just a capsule you fit the GS coil inside...

now the sleeve with the GS coil inside will screw into the Melo and other compatables
which allow you to use those "OTHER" tanks with your GS Air coils...

Reactions: aikanae1

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
yepper, that is funny because Triton and Atlantis coils interchange

- - -

of course both are made by Eleaf - the Melo "SLEEVE" and the GS Air coil
the sleeve is just a capsule you fit the GS coil inside...

now the sleeve with the GS coil inside will screw into the Melo and other compatables
which allow you to use those "OTHER" tanks with your GS Air coils...

I'm curious about this. I like the higher resistance of coils from gs airs but I'm surrounded by sub ohm tanks. If this works like the Atlantis coils, then it could expand the range of tanks. Starre, Super Tanks, Herakles also take Atlantis coils.

I got something at FT that I could slip little ceramic heads into, but they went into the vape stash for later. I don't really have a good work area for fiddling with itty bitty bits which is why I've avoided building. Now I wonder if they were the same thing? I did a google search and didn't come up with anything. I am going to hunt down what I bought.

Your pic shows 0.3 resistance, that's why I wondered if it was a modification?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I'm curious about this. I like the higher resistance of coils from gs airs but I'm surrounded by sub ohm tanks.
If this works like the Atlantis coils, then it could expand the range of tanks. Starre, Super Tanks, Herakles also take Atlantis coils.

I got something at FT that I could slip little ceramic heads into, but they went into the vape stash for later. I don't really have a good work area for fiddling with itty bitty bits which is why I've avoided building. Now I wonder if they were the same thing? I did a google search and didn't come up with anything. I am going to hunt down what I bought.

Your pic shows 0.3 resistance, that's why I wondered if it was a modification?

so after I thought some more about it, I bet it has to do with the way the TANK SCREWS TOGETHER
some are held together with the threads ON TOP OF THE COIL ; while others are held together with threads in the BASE

here is their coil line-up (Eleaf)

upload_2017-3-12_19-29-28.png

then this is what they show for Triton (Aspire)
upload_2017-3-12_19-34-23.png

so between these two pictures; it confirms the coils cross over each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread