Glad you stopped by :wub:

Reactions: Katya

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I found this GSTank (with TC coils)... Eleaf GS-Tank Atomizer (w/Temperature Control Heads)
And if you'd like to try the larger tank (4ml) which isn't much larger in size-just a little taller...
http://sweet-vapes.com/eleaf-gs-air-m.html
They're getting harder to find nowadays (both of them). :)

Waddup Air Head Tootlers!
I finished a 30 coil rebuilding orgy (Hi Cheech!) and figured I'd drop in here and gloat. ;)

I'm still using gauze on mine too LOL!

I stripped the post threads on my last at least a year old GS Air. I'm down to 3 GS TC's now and the
stripped thread Air I can Make work kinda.

Slowtech still has the real deal GS TC's for $10.94 with the 2 TC coils, cheaper than your place here IMR. Of course, that includes about $3 worth of coils that at least you can use and salvage the pins and insulators from for the rebuild box.

$10.94 Authentic Eleaf GS-Tank Bottom Coil Clearomizer - 3ml / 0.15ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I guess I'll be ordering 4 more GS TC's unless someone shows me a better idea.

Slowtech was showing the Air MS STYLED ones for $6 and change but after a refresh, they went away. Probably a better idea with a tank I'll use til it dies to spend the $3 more for the real deal.

Hope everyone is tootling well!

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I finished a 30 coil rebuilding orgy (Hi Cheech!) and figured I'd drop in here and gloat. ;)

I stripped the post threads on my last at least a year old GS Air. I'm down to 3 GS TC's now and the

Slowtech still has the real deal GS TC's for $10.94 with the 2 TC coils, cheaper than your place here IMR. Of course, that includes about $3 worth of coils that at least you can use and salvage the pins and insulators from for the rebuild box.

$10.94 Authentic Eleaf GS-Tank Bottom Coil Clearomizer - 3ml / 0.15ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Slowtech was showing the Air MS STYLED ones for $6 and change but after a refresh, they went away. Probably a better idea with a tank I'll use til it dies to spend the $3 more for the real deal.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Nice to see you Oc. Happy coiling.:thumbs: :)

Reactions: FranC

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I'm a huge fan of the GS air and need to pick up a few more for my stash. About how many years can I expect before threads strip, tank leaks etc, etc. just a guestimate is welcome.

Bea, in case you haven't discovered this by now, the weak link in the GS's are the brass center post threads. Brass is pretty soft. I find around a year you may get to where they just won't catch enough on the mod threads enough to securely connect. The tank and everything is still fine, just the connection threads.

You can wrap some masking tape around about 2/3 of the pin leaving just enough to make the connection but that is only a stop gap until the new tanks arrive.

The pin on the GS TC version Seems To Be to be a bit stouter than the first GS's.

It would be oh so nice if someone sold just the bases but I've never seen them.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Bea, in case you haven't discovered this by now, the weak link in the GS's are the brass center post threads. Brass is pretty soft. I find around a year you may get to where they just won't catch enough on the mod threads enough to securely connect. The tank and everything is still fine, just the connection threads.

You can wrap some masking tape around about 2/3 of the pin leaving just enough to make the connection but that is only a stop gap until the new tanks arrive.

The pin on the GS TC version Seems To Be to be a bit stouter than the first GS's.

It would be oh so nice if someone sold just the bases but I've never seen them.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Thanks. Yes I'm finding this out with a tank I've been using for almost a year. But I have 12 more of these tanks so, as long I get a year out of each, I should be ok. After that I would have to use my Amors.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
I have two of the bases from the GS-Tanks I broke the glass out of, if anyone wants to swap something for them. Also about 8 of the .15 coils that came with the 4 tanks I bought, that I will not be using (I use 1.5's). Gladly trade it all for 1 new tank and some leftover fruity juice - or something else useful. If I am not allowed to offer this here, mod please just delete without giving me a black mark on my permanent record.

Last edited:

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I have two of the bases from the GS-Tanks I broke the glass out of, if anyone wants to swap something for them. Also about 8 of the .15 coils that came with the 4 tanks I bought, that I will not be using (I use 1.5's). Gladly trade it all for 1 new tank and some leftover fruity juice - or something else useful. If I am not allowed to offer this here, mod please just delete without giving me a black mark on my permanent record.

Unhooked, would you be interested in a used for one tank, Kayfun Mini V3 Clone, stainless, branded, the nice model for those bases and coils? My SloTech receipt for it was $16.00.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
Unhooked, would you be interested in a used for one tank, Kayfun Mini V3 Clone, stainless, branded, the nice model for those bases and coils? My SloTech receipt for it was $16.00.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Thanks for offering but I'm just not a rebuilder.

Reactions: aikanae1

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Glad you decided to go with the authentic. A few months ago I bought some of the styled ones from FT and am not happy with them. The tank itself looks ok except that the top cover sticks out a little over the glass…no biggy there. The issue is that the AF slider is really loose. Sort of closes/opens by itself if you roll the tank sideways. I super-glued it in the position in which I like it and that worked.

Still using gauze on mine too!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I posted this on TP then I got to thinking I should post it here too since it concerns GS Airs:

I was having trouble with my provari firing all of a sudden. It worked fine and then it didn't with the tank I've been using for several months. At first I thought the tank pin wasn't making a good connection with the P. So these are the things I did trying to solve the problem.

I changed to a fresh coil. Nothing. Then I switched tanks with one I use on my istick which works fine on that device. That worked on the provari. (Both tanks are same make/model). So it's not a provari firing issue.

Took out the coil from the istick tank and put it in the first one, the one that's been on the P. Not working on the P. Changed to a third coil (new) in original P tank. Not working on the P. So I'm assuming it's something in the tank's base. Switched bases (using brand new base) with the same (third) coil. Success…so far.

Checked how far out the 510 pin sticks below the tank base on the original P tank vs the istick tank vs the third one. All stick out the same.

All tanks are GS Airs. And that original base looks fine. And I clean all contacts, threads, etc weekly with alcohol so I know my problem isn't cleanliness.

Any ideas as to what can go wrong with a base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread