Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
Then either the center pen is not contacting the pen on the mod or it isn't making contact with the coil, if you don't have a short and it doesn't fire then you have an open circuit! I'd suspect the center pen on te GS tank is either just a hair to far in or out to make one of the contacts, how to rectify that, I have no idea other than a tiny punch and light hammer, since it doesn't work anyway, nothing to lose!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
had something of the same nature over the past, and as mentioned ^ :)

I skweezed the 'base' together , so the coil would make contact 'internally' with the base (+) pin
it has worked, (and also not worked)

just-a-thought... :blush:

upload_2017-6-1_15-0-51.png

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
A check with an ohm meter would help. You either have a short (where the 2 conductors are touching), or a broken or open connection. First check the coil alone. Then, with the coil installed, check from the center pin to the bottom tank threads. you should have about the same reading.

Good luck.

Reactions: Bea-FL

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Checked how far out the 510 pin sticks below the tank base on the original P tank vs the istick tank vs the third one. All stick out the same.
You need to measure the distance from the bottom of the pin to the base of the tank. If you could stand them up on a table, I'd bet the suspect tank sits a little lower.

Try pulling the center pin out a smidge.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Then either the center pen is not contacting the pen on the mod or it isn't making contact with the coil, if you don't have a short and it doesn't fire then you have an open circuit! I'd suspect the center pen on te GS Tank is either just a hair to far in or out to make one of the contacts, how to rectify that, I have no idea other than a tiny punch and light hammer, since it doesn't work anyway, nothing to lose!

I skweezed the 'base' together , so the coil would make contact 'internally' with the base (+) pin

Thank you both. Puff seeing your diagram reminded me that this base is the one that a few weeks ago came apart when I dropped the P. At that time I did what you suggested Leo with a punch and hammer. Same as sqweezing the two pieces together with plyers Puff. It seemed to go back together because it worked fine until the last couple days. I haven't dropped it again but I bet the two parts of the base loosened up from unscrewing to refill. So I just sqweezed them back together again and there was a tiny bit of movement. Hopefully that did the trick.

Sorry I didn't remember this. Thanks again.

@DaveOno thanks for the suggestions. If I have that problem again I'll do those first.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Thank you both. Puff seeing your diagram reminded me that this base is the one that a few weeks ago came apart when I dropped the P. At that time I did what you suggested Leo with a punch and hammer. Same as sqweezing the two pieces together with plyers Puff. It seemed to go back together because it worked fine until the last couple days. I haven't dropped it again but I bet the two parts of the base loosened up from unscrewing to refill. So I just sqweezed them back together again and there was a tiny bit of movement. Hopefully that did the trick.

just another thought; be sure to UN screw the coil BEFORE you attempt to squeeze the base together (to allow room) :D :D

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC

That's an Amor tank base isn't it? I have two, one of them its hard to get the pin to contact the base. I tried screwing the base pin CCW to bring it up more and thought that worked but problem reappeared. I removed the oring at bottom one one CLR coil that worked and it didn't seem to leak any more juice into the base than ones with the oring.
I might try your fix :)

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
Well a month plus and no love here.. :)

I will put this here because it is GS-air related.
First off thanks to @FranC for pointing out the Eleaf EC-sleeves that can fit the GS-air coils.

I stumbled across these tanks on special at HC.. for 5.00$
tobeco original supertank ks stainless steel atomizer
I already had bought some EC-sleeves from Fasttech, I was now ready. :)

The super-tank KS has a lot of parts.. and allows for adjustment of the 510 so the tank sits properly on the mod. I chose a TC40 because the tank sat nice on it.

Getting the tank apart and removing the rebuild-able section and re-fitting the clearomizer
was simple but time consuming. Making sure the atty sat straight was not too difficult.
Btw in between I soaked and cleaned all the parts..

I rebuild my GS-coils at 1.5ohm and they fit nice and tight in the EC-sleeve.

I have to say that this is a nice setup, for a long while I looked for a big juice capacity.. but not for a big price, this tank holds 7ml. This fell my way.. :)

The vape on this is very good IMHO. I have to keep the air control at only 1/3 to work like the GS-air. That leaves quite a bit of play to experiment.

I will have to see how the rest holds up but it looks and tastes promising.
I should also mention the obvious .. it is top fill.. :)

Last edited:

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
First off thanks to @FranC for pointing out the Eleaf EC-sleeves that can fit the GS-air coils.

OK, been following along to this thread to see what all the fuss is about. I have a few of the various GS Air tanks and have never been able to figure out why people love them so much. Saw those sleeves and almost bought a few until I remembered that the GS Air coils have never done anything for me. What PG/VG levels/flavors/ohms work well w/ those coils because mine have always sucked in vapor and flavor (tasteless). What am I missing, because I'm sure it must be something that I am doing wrong? I do not use high wattage, so I am not deliberately frying them too soon.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Well a month plus and no love here.. :)

I will put this here because it is GS-air related.

I stumbled across these tanks on special at HC.. for 5.00$
    tobeco original supertank ks stainless steel atomizer
    I already had bought some EC-sleeves from Fasttech, I was now ready. :)

The super-tank KS has a lot of parts.. and allows for adjustment of the 510 so the tank sits properly on the mod. I chose a TC40 because the tank sat nice on it.

Getting the tank apart and removing the rebuild-able section and re-fitting the clearomizer
    was simple but time consuming. Making sure the atty sat straight was not too difficult.
    Btw in between I soaked and cleaned all the parts..

I rebuild my GS-coils at 1.5ohm and they fit nice and tight in the EC-sleeve.

I have to say that this is a nice setup, for a long while I looked for a big juice capacity.. but not for a big price, this tank holds 7ml. This fell my way.. :)

The vape on this is very good IMHO. I have to keep the air control at only 1/3 to work like the GS-air. That leaves quite a bit of play to experiment.

I will have to see how the rest holds up but it looks and tastes promising.

Always liked the square tank and thought it'd be a hit. I think the original has non crackable plastic.

Reactions: northhar

Jingles

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2011
    Ohio
    OK, been following along to this thread to see what all the fuss is about. I have a few of the various GS Air tanks and have never been able to figure out why people love them so much. Saw those sleeves and almost bought a few until I remembered that the GS Air coils have never done anything for me. What PG/VG levels/flavors/ohms work well w/ those coils because mine have always sucked in vapor and flavor (tasteless). What am I missing, because I'm sure it must be something that I am doing wrong? I do not use high wattage, so I am not deliberately frying them too soon.
    I've had real good luck with the GS Air coils using them at 11-14 Watts with 50/50 juice, mostly fruits and desserts. They seem to last longer than my Nautilus BVC's. Great flavor for me. As with most drop in coils, they may take half a tank or so to break in.

northhar

ECF Veteran
    Apr 18, 2011
    CanTheBan
    @DebbieNY
    I use mine at 1.5 ohm with 70pg/30 vg and less than 2% flavour.
    If you have followed a lot of people found the horizontal GS-coils to be the best.
    I re-build even a new coil.. because the rayon wick dose wonders for the flavour and vapour.

I also vape at 10watts.

Less people liked the vertical coil version.
    I recently discovered in an order for Gs-air 2 some NI vertical coils.
    I do not vape NI by choice.. but the center pin is over 2mm wide for air making it the widest bottom air pin for GS-coils. I want to try them in my regular re-built s to see if I like it like that.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida

@DaveOno thanks for the suggestions. If I have that problem again I'll do those first.

What PG/VG levels/flavors/ohms work well w/ those coils because mine have always sucked in vapor and flavor (tasteless). What am I missing, because I'm sure it must be something that I am doing wrong? I do not use high wattage, so I am not deliberately frying them too soon.
    I use the GS Air-M tanks exclusively with either the dropin or rebuilt coils. I only use one juice…menthol/koolada, 50/50 PG/VG, 1.5 Ω at 3.4V. Probably pretty boring for most vapers but suits me.

I've had real good luck with the GS Air coils using them at 11-14 Watts with 50/50 juice, mostly fruits and desserts. They seem to last longer than my Nautilus BVC's. Great flavor for me. As with most drop in coils, they may take half a tank or so to break in.
    My coils last me about 3 weeks but I also only vape about 2mls per day with my above mentioned juice.

And I agree about the break in time.

Leopards

ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2016
    NE Ohio
    The problem with just buying the glass is the upper part of the tank is not made to come apart, They used to sell just the upper part, metal frame and glass, as a separate part, but that has been discontinued! You have gone the only route available to us any more! Just buy whole new units! Personally I have moved on to RTAs and bigger TC Mods, which run through a Lot more ejuice, but I've also gone to DIY on both the ejiuce and the coils, so pretty darned cheap! I'm good till my mods die of old age.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    Darn it! Dropped my mod and broke the glass in another GS Tank. That makes 4 I've broken so far. Ordered two more from Fasttech at 10 bucks each free shipping, but this is getting old. GRRR. Wish I could get just new glass for them!
    The problem with just buying the glass is the upper part of the tank is not made to come apart, They used to sell just the upper part, metal frame and glass, as a separate part, but that has been discontinued! You have gone the only route available to us any more! Just buy whole new units! Personally I have moved on to RTAs and bigger TC Mods, which run through a Lot more ejuice, but I've also gone to DIY on both the ejiuce and the coils, so pretty darned cheap! I'm good till my mods die of old age.
    Actually the GS Airs on sale currently at FT DO come apart all the way - all the parts. I bought several GS Air MS tanks for backups a few weeks ago and they all come totally apart.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread