ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
And Katya, if you see this, yep same old issue. I'm exasperating!:-x

I'm so sorry, Zelphie!

I love my GS Airs--all of them. They deliver flavor and vapor better than any other tank I've tried, and I've tried several. I still use my Aerotanks because I own them and I have a bunch of coils I want to use up. They are fine, but not as good, IMO, as the Airs. And I was a Kanger fangirl for years. But since you hate Kangers, I have no idea what you'll think about Airs. :) The only tank that beats my Airs in the flavor department is my Kayfun 4, by a hair.

I know that Tibs uses Eleaf GS16s and she likes them; I have never tried them.

Just get one tank and a 5-pack of coils (either 1.2 or 1.5Ω) and see what happens. They are inexpensive and are still on sale at Rocky Mountain Vapor--25% off--use SUMMER15 coupon code.

http://www.rockymountainvapor.com/i...00_105&zenid=98444fe2c60d9deeaa83ac9230966df0

Good luck!

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Forgive me for dropping in all random (like I always do) and for asking questions about things that were prolly answered a million times already ...

Welcome to the funny farm! Thank you for the opportunity to answer in our usual random fashion. Random is better than tightly wound and overly serious, they tell me.

Compared to various kangerosities, the GS-* tanks are a dream come true. Great flavor, better than adequate vapor, and usually trouble free. And cheap.

Tanks: Personal favorites (highly subjective) are the M and the GS-Tank, closely followed by the original GS-air.

Coils: Other than rayon rebuilds by Doctor Cheech, which are superb, preferences in coils are 1.5 ohm dual, 1.2 ohm cotton. The latter is a little airier, which I like, but they tend to oversaturate and gurgle a little.

Mods-Mostly use the istick 30 and Defender 50 with all four GS-Air models. Good combinations all.

Recently tried the istick 40 tc and Ni tc coils. Highly forgettable. The mod is fine
for any of the tanks with non-tc coils.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Congratulations Tiburonfirst!! :banana:

wink.gif

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
4 GS air tanks in a year wow I get through a half tank of mine and want to chuck it out my window. But decide not to because I will get to the bottom of it. I was thinking of ordering a new one but if i get hit with another flood I dont want to run the risk of greying my hair at such young age. Its most definitely not the juice my last straw is absolute horrid batch of coils.
I agree with GranFumador. Having a second tank makes it so much easier to trouble-shoot.

I have a TC coil head that will flood if left overnight in the upright position. I first tried it on spanking new GS-Tank. Worked fine for the first day. Gurgled like crazy the next. Switched the coil to an older, tried-and-true tank (GS-MS). Same thing happened. Good for a day, gurgling the next. Coil isolated as the problem.

Took the tank off the mod and turned it upside down before I went to sleep. It was fine the next day. And the next. Leave it upright overnight and it will gurgle the next day. Been using the coil that way since 9/25 and it's still ok. So this coil has a slow "leak" over a period of hours.

BTW, my gurgle appears to occur at the point where the coil meets the base - more precisely, at the slot in the coil's positive pin. I found that the best way to cure the gurgling is:
- Remove the tank from the base
- Remove the coil from the base
- Either blow out the base or, preferably, rinse out the base with tap water, then blow out the base
- Lightly blow out the coil head
- Reassemble.

Hope this helps - and that my explanation is clearer than mud. :)

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Howdy Airheads. Been quite a day. Daughter had a bit of a scare and has been in the hospital since yesterday afternoon. Looks like she is being released today. Still no baby, but right now my daughter is okay and I'm so relieved and grateful for that.
Sorry to hear about the scare, LVM. Happy to hear things are on level ground for now.
Grandmothering is tough. :wub:

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Welcome to the funny farm! Thank you for the opportunity to answer in our usual random fashion. Random is better than tightly wound and overly serious, they tell me.

Compared to various kangerosities, the GS-* tanks are a dream come true. Great flavor, better than adequate vapor, and usually trouble free. And cheap.

Tanks: Personal favorites (highly subjective) are the M and the GS-Tank, closely followed by the original GS-air.

Coils: Other than rayon rebuilds by Doctor Cheech, which are superb, preferences in coils are 1.5 ohm dual, 1.2 ohm cotton. The latter is a little airier, which I like, but they tend to oversaturate and gurgle a little.

Mods-Mostly use the istick 30 and Defender 50 with all four GS-Air models. Good combinations all.

Recently tried the istick 40 tc and Ni tc coils. Highly forgettable. The mod is fine
for any of the tanks with non-tc coils.
Seems I'm the anomaly here; I LIKE the TC vape - except for the overnight gurgle.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I'm so sorry, Zelphie!

I love my GS Airs--all of them. They deliver flavor and vapor better than any other tank I've tried, and I've tried several. I still use my Aerotanks because I own them and I have a bunch of coils I want to use up. They are fine, but not as good, IMO, as the Airs. And I was a Kanger fangirl for years. But since you hate Kangers, I have no idea what you'll think about Airs. :) The only tank that beats my Airs in the flavor department is my Kayfun 4, by a hair.

I know that Tibs uses Eleaf GS16s and she likes them; I have never tried them.

Just get one tank and a 5-pack of coils (either 1.2 or 1.5Ω) and see what happens. They are inexpensive and are still on sale at Rocky Mountain Vapor--25% off--use SUMMER15 coupon code.

http://www.rockymountainvapor.com/i...00_105&zenid=98444fe2c60d9deeaa83ac9230966df0

Good luck!
I've recently been thinking I should at least TRY a Kayfun - as it seems to be the standard against which flavor comparisons are made. (The suckers are so BIG, though...)

How does the airflow on the Kayfun 4 compare to that of the GS-M's?

Is your K4 an original or a clone?

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Seems I'm the anomaly here; I LIKE the TC vape - except for the overnight gurgle.
I'm being unfair, perhaps, based on experience with a single tc coil. I don't mind the gentle, muted flavor. It's a nice contrast with the more robust output of the other coils. What drove me barmy was the wild fluctuation in flavor and vapor output at a fixed temperature setting. I'll try another Ni coil or two. Maybe it was just a bum coil. I used the first coil in the Tank and then in an M with equally unpleasant results.
Next time I'll put Tc coils in both and hope for a happier experience.

And if they aren't any better than the first one, I'll tear their guts out and use them for recoiling practice.

1412203120309.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread