Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Gran, my Defender also inexplicably changes from Watts to Volts anytime it feels like it. Do you get the occasional phantom fire like the istick? I get several of those every time I use it. It's a decent, well made mod, but for some reason isn't my favorite. Maybe it will grow on me as I use it more. Right now I'm really loving the Disrupter I won in the contest and have pretty much put it aside.

Last edited:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Gran, my Defender also inexplicably changes from Watts to Volts anytime it feels like it. Do you get the occasional phantom fire like the istick? I get several of those every time I use it. It's a decent, well made mod, but for some reason isn't my favorite. Maybe it will grow on me as I use it more. Right now I'm really loving the Disrupter I won in the contest and have pretty much put it aside.
Hi Linda,
So far, the tank change was the only thing that caused the display to switch to volts. No other issues to report. It just arrived a little over an hour ago, so I'll use it for a day or two and then update the report if necessary.

It does cast light, dimly, on another vexatious matter. Air dual coils are rated at 1.5 ohms, yet most of them, in most iSticks, read 1.6. I had assumed that this was a function of iStick ohmmeter electronics. Well...maybe not. I have a hand-crafted Cheechian "Ultra Supremo" coil (Thanks, Cheech!) in the M sitting on the defender.
My iSticks read it at 1.4 ohms. The Defender tells me it is 1.38 ohms.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Update on my GS Air vs. Nautilus Mini battle, I found out that its really more me on a learning curve as my vaping journey continues. I still like both since I have a couple packs of nauty coils left, but right now my two istick30W's have the new "GS-Tank" (that's whats on the box of the new TC tanks) and the original GS Air. I get less gurgling on a hot day in my GS Air than on my Nautilus Mini, vaping 70/30 pg/vg at 18 mg nic. I just love the new GS-Tank using non-TC coils when vaping higher VG juices - I'm vaping Clockwerks Custard and Monkey Spunk, from vaping.watch, its very high VG I can tell, but they don't say, best non NET juice I ever had!. For 70PG/30VG that I usually vape, I like the taller original GS Air (the M should do well for me here too, but I don't have one), due to more crackling and occasional spitting of that juice.

I had a cotton coil in the GS Tank that clogged up vaping Clockworks Custard, i took it apart, and the cotton wrapped around the vertical coil had apparently gotten sucked into the bottom of the coil (pin side), clogging it. Not sure if that was just a coil anomoly due to an improper wrap/pin insertion, or if that high VG juice pushed it in as I vaped. I put a regulaor 1.5 ohm dual horizontal coil in it (since i received two packs of those friday's mail). Both coil types give very good flavor.

I gave up vaping NET''s on either the GS Airs or the Nautilus, its too much of a coil killer, and now vape those exclusively on CE5+ from Goodejuice since I can get replacement coils for 49 cents each.

I have a system now at least that works for me, and I am happy!
Hey David! Fast question for you -- I keep hearing about this Clockwerks Custard -- and am glad to hear you like it. Have you vaped quite a bit of custard in the past? Are you still liking it today? I'm always searching for new juice! Thanks!

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Total tangent here:

So, if you're an existing Totally Wicked customer, they just added a $7.50 credit to all customer accounts that must be redeemed by September 1st. With the 25% off SUMMER25 coupon and the $7.50 credit, this makes the Curve 2 Mini kit $25.48, shipped. That's cheaper than you can find the battery by itself in most places.

Just the CS Air Micro, the GS Air MS rebadge (normally $13.99) comes out to $5.98, shipped with the code and the credit... less than $6 for a GS Air MS!

More info here:
Summer giveaway!

The CS Air Micro Tank is here:
E-Cig Tank | Atomizer Tank | E-liquid Tank | CS Micro Tank

The Curve 2 Mini kit is here:
Curve 2 Mini 20W Kit with 1 bottle of US made Patriot Range e-liquid

Last edited:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Great review!
But, Pics or it didn't happen!

Fabulous review, Gran! Only got the dictionary out ONCE.
I hope there is a FOOSHIA Defender in my (not too distant) future. :)
Disclaimers: photojournalism or even taking snapshots with a Brownie is not my strong suit. Proof below. I'm not a fooosha kinda guy, but all my other mods are basic black or metallic. I'm retired after decades of dark, three piece suits and starched white shirts, etc. Time to feed my inner hippie? :rolleyes:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
sounds promising, gran :thumbs:

but what about those new air tanks? didn't you say you were expecting some of those? :?:
USPS guy was none too happy about lugging them.

tanks.jpg

Ohhhhh! You meant those other ones. Haven't tried them yet. Will try to get to them after dinner. First ripe blackberries are in! See yuh!

RCoHd6f-8qzYKjG6Ko_wOg

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
USPS guy was none too happy about lugging them.

tanks.jpg

Ohhhhh! You meant those other ones. Haven't tried them yet. Will try to get to them after dinner. First ripe blackberries are in! See yuh!

RCoHd6f-8qzYKjG6Ko_wOg
:lol:

This recent round of Derall, I picked up some Peach Crush. Very good! Vaping it all day (2 weeks old)! :)
vape (chair).gif

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Disclaimers: photojournalism or even taking snapshots with a Brownie is not my strong suit. Proof below. I'm not a fooosha kinda guy, but all my other mods are basic black or metallic. I'm retired after decades of dark, three piece suits and starched white shirts, etc. Time to feed my inner hippie? :rolleyes: View attachment 477684 View attachment 477685 View attachment 477698
Very cool! It did happen!
Thank you sir, for the pics!
Yeah, you are right, I don't think National Geographic will be kicking down your door anytime soon...
Any more than Martin Scorsese will be hiring me as cinematographer. :lol:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Thanks my dear! I'd really like to order 2 pick 6 your way this weekend. One with the cocktails, the other with the crushes.
I'll let you know when I get an email back from them. He should have the 'sold out' dilemma figured out before then, I would imagine.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
It's just protein...:D

I'll get my protein from chicken and fish thankyouverymuch!! :lol::lol:

I'll let you know when I get an email back from them. He should have the 'sold out' dilemma figured out before then, I would imagine.
I hope so although I may have to split them up and buy 1 at a time. :) The cocktails will be first!! :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread