Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I used to order from Got Vapes fairly regularly until this past February. My order took 3 weeks to get to me. I had almost given up on it when it finally showed. Snowstorms at the time, post office black hole, Houston sorting facility bad, blah, blah blah...I have since come to realize that they don't get the newest items first and their prices are higher than most other suppliers. I won't say that I'll never order from them again because I did order once or twice after that February incident with much better shipping results. Something seems to be up with them lately. Hardly any new posts on their subforum and they don't have any products listed on their website under new products. A year or two ago they were constantly getting new products in. JM 2 cents...

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Let's hope that they will respond to your review and do something about the situation--like send you that package and refund your money...
Thanks! I just want the package. I certainly should not have to pay for the shipping but based on the past, I'm not even going there. Just want the package or all the money back. Heh, at this rate, my gs-tank from fasttech ordered on July 26 may get here on slow boat and horse carriage before I get this package.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
WOW. Just WOW. Took me a few minutes to respond because I was speechless. ;)

Seriously though, I love it. It's airy, but not TOO airy and like you guys said, I can comfortably MTL inhale, with no issues. Although I did decide to try a new flavor (should've used one I'm well-familiar with), the flavor is fantastic. I seem to be getting more vapor and more flavor at lower volts than I do with other tanks. Definitely no dry hits or burnt tastes. I am so excited!

Thanks again, Bike, for pointing me towards these tanks and this thread!! Gold star for you, buddy! :headbang:
:thumbs:
khhmn.gif

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hey David! Fast question for you -- I keep hearing about this Clockwerks Custard -- and am glad to hear you like it. Have you vaped quite a bit of custard in the past? Are you still liking it today? I'm always searching for new juice! Thanks!
Hi Nanny (haha if I should call you that), Oh lord, I am still loving Clockworks Custard from Vaping.Watch, vaped it for three days straight, changed over to Clockwerks Monkey Spunk (nice name haha) and I like it very much as well, custard, and a hint of caramel and other flavors blended very well. But the Custard is my favorite, and Monkey Spunk is a little behind, still both are the two best flavors of non-Nets I ever vaped (out of about 60). Both appear to be very high VG (I think i will email and ask the ratio), which if i had my choices, I would choose a little higher PG, but as it is its a very smooth vape even at 18 mg nic (which i may have to reduce on reorder, I vape too much of it its so good, lol).
As far as Custards go though, I don't have a lot of experience, so I suggest you see if you can find someone whose tried it along with a lot of others. It's hard for me to imagine anything better, according to the website, it took him 6 months of development for this "British" Custard, but there very well could be. There's a thread on "Best Custard for the Price", and a guy there gave me a recipe in case I go DIY (which i am going to try some PG/VG mixes unflavored first, then likely try DIY). You might want to drop by there:
Best Custard for the price?? | Page 2 | E-Cigarette Forum
Good luck, and if you find a great custard besides that one, let me know :)
Oh I might also ask them in an email if they have tested their juice, or certified by the flavor suppliers that it's Diacetyl free, since custards are known for this (and some flavor vendors are adding modified flavors that don't have it), however I smoked since I was 15 and so have had way more than my share already, so a significantly lower amount of the stuff doesn't worry me.
Edit: Also this, concerning Diacetyl:
The Truth About Diacetyl - Mt Baker Vapor

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The point is to find out whether GS heads run in that tank, not those heads in the GS :)

Gotcha...

Like I said. I have Never even heard of the Mandy Tank/Clearomizer, so I can't really say what would work in what.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Curiosity (and more than a smidgen of terror at the thought of the Tibbsian cast iron skillet) lead to the second of today's series of First Impressions.

GS-Tank
Act the First, Scene One-The Box
Remember the GS Air and GS Air M boxes? Those bits of leftover thin card stock containing fine little tanks are a thing of a bygone era. Ismoka's eleaf brand has gone
Big Time with GS-Tank wrappings. Start with a layer of thick plastic wrap, surrounding a sturdy white cardboard box, roughly 3" x 4.5" x 1", replete with Scratch Check serial N°, bar codes and enough logos to impress a jaded Madison Ave. ad man. Inside...
Scene Two-The Stuff Inside
Thick poly-something inner packing, with cutouts for a spare coil and the Tank. User manual sits atop the goodies. The spare coil resides in the hard plastic wrapper we have grown to expect for non-clone eleaf coils.
Scene the Third-The Instructions
In a prior incarnation, I wrote multi-volume user manuals for complex midrange computer software in both English and another language, so I'm one of the few who actually reads instructions before running into problems. Professional curiosity, perhaps. Short, sweet, easy to understand, with pictures. Me like.

Act the Second, Scene One-Deconstructionism
No, this isn't about literary criticism, Monsieur Derridá, but about taking the tank apart.
Everything was tight, from the drip tip to the base with air flow control. After eating my Wheaties, popping a can of Popeye spinach, and finding the pliers, I girded my loins and got it all apart.
Scene Two-The coil Change
It comes with a TC coil installed. Lacking a TC mod, and for comparison to what I know and lurrrve, I removed it and set it aside for future use. I installed a new, authentic eleaf dual coil, rated at 1.5 ohms, and showing as 1.6 ohms on an iStick 30w.

Scene Three-Fillerup, Mack!
Big fill holes made this easy with a snubnose filler tip bottle of Derall juice. (Note the free plug for a fine vendor.)

The Final Act, Scene one-First Vape
The new coil having been previously Cheech-primed with two full drops of e-juice, and having had ten minutes to fully soak while your humble servant wrote Acts I and II, the time had come to put the peddle to the metal, and rev this nifty little street-legal hot rod up to a blazing 8.4 watts, my preferred rpm setting for tootle puffing. Seat belt engaged, I let out the clutch and stomped the fire button, mixing metaphors and revelling in the g-forces of instant acceleration of taste buds.

Niiiiice!

Scene Two-Adjusting the AFC
Went from 90% open to 50%, and settled in at about 75%, with three holes showing.
Lovely!
Scene the Third-Reaction
I like it very much. Looks good, easy to fill and adjust, produces lots of vapor and flavor at low wattage, doesn't cost a bundle. Quieter than the predecessor GS clearos.
Negatives? Metal wrapped plastic drip tip, which I immediately replaced with one more to my liking, a substantial solid stainless steel that gives a cooler vape.

Coda—If you like the GS Air, or the M, or the Ms, you will enjoy the Tank at least as much.

Post Data: My own true love went on a cruise to the islands off the coast this afternoon, to watch Puffins do their thing. She just informed me that baby puffins are called Pufflings! If you do not care to self-identify as a tootle puffer, get yourself a GS-Tank, and become a Puffling.

k8MlwrN.jpg

Last edited:

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Curiosity (and more than a smidgen of terror at the thought of the Tibbsian cast iron skillet) lead to the second of today's series of First Impressions.

GS-Tank
Remember the GS Air and GS Air M boxes? Those bits of leftover thin card stock containing fine little tanks are a thing of a bygone era. Ismoka's eleaf brand has gone
Big Time with GS-Tank wrappings. Start with a layer of thick plastic wrap, surrounding a sturdy white cardboard box, roughly 3" x 4.5" x11", replete with Scratch Check serial N°, bar codes and enough logos to impress a jaded Madison Ave. ad man. Inside...
Thick poly-something inner packing, with cutouts for a spare coil and the Tank. User manual sits atop the goodies. The spare coil resides in the hard plastic wrapper we have grown to expect for non-clone eleaf coils.
In a prior incarnation, I wrote multi-volume user manuals for complex midrange computer software in both English and another language, so I'm one of the few who actually reads instructions before running into problems. Professional curiosity, perhaps. Short, sweet, easy to understand, with pictures. Me like.

No, this isn't about literary criticism, Monsieur Derridá, but about taking the tank apart.
Everything was tight, from the drip tip to the base with air flow control. After eating my Wheaties, popping a can of Popeye spinach, and finding the pliers, I girded my loins and got it all apart.
It comes with a TC coil installed. Lacking a TC mod, and for comparison to what I know and lurrrve, I removed it and set it aside for future use. I installed a new, authentic eleaf dual coil, rated at 1.5 ohms, and showing as 1.6 ohms on an iStick 30w.

Big fill holes made this easy with a snubnose filler tip bottle of Derall juice. (Note the free plug for a fine vendor.)

The new coil having been previously Cheech-primed with two full drops of e-juice, and having had ten minutes to fully soak while your humble servant wrote Acts I and II, the time had come to put the peddle to the metal, and rev this nifty little street-legal hot rod up to a blazing 8.4 watts, my preferred rpm setting for tootle puffing. Seat belt engaged, I let out the clutch and stomped the fire button, mixing metaphors and revelling in the g-forces of instant acceleration of taste buds.

Niiiiice!

Went from 90% open to 50%, and settled in at about 75%, with three holes showing.
Lovely!
Scene the Third-Reaction
I like it very much. Looks good, easy to fill and adjust, produces lots of vapor and flavor at low wattage, doesn't cost a bundle. Quieter than the predecessor GS clearos.
Negatives? Metal wrapped plastic drip tip, which I immediately replaced with one more to my liking, a substantial solid stainless steel that gives a cooler vape.

Coda—If you like the GS Air, or the M, or the Ms, you will enjoy the Tank at least as much.

Post Data: My own true love went on a cruise to the islands off the coast this afternoon, to watch Puffins do their thing. She just informed me that baby puffins are called Pufflings! If you do not care to self-identify as a tootle puffer, get yourself a GS-Tank, and become a Puffling.

k8MlwrN.jpg
Brilliant! Thank you sir for the fantastic review and description! :thumbs:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC

GS-Tank
Big Time with GS-Tank wrappings. Start with a layer of thick plastic wrap, surrounding a sturdy white cardboard box, roughly 3" x 4.5" x 1", replete with Scratch Check serial N°, bar codes and enough logos to impress a jaded Madison Ave. ad man. Inside...

Niiiiice!

Lovely!
Scene the Third-Reaction

k8MlwrN.jpg
Well that has to be about the most eloquent unboxing I have ever read Brian, great rundown! I am running her at three holes myself, It seems just right. I love it too! Oh, I replaced the metal tip with one of my acrylic ones, I just don't care for the metals, and vaping it at 8.5 to 9 watts or so, its not too warm. You are definitely the writer man, haha. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread