Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Ahhh...'Tis vangrl27 in Vancouver, and skrymir who complained that Derall won't ship to Canada, lives in that well known conurbation, or hamlet, Unknown Location, Canada.

It's here, somewhere... And isn't that cartouche lovely? :cool:

old-world-map-of-canada-inspired-nature-photography-by-shelley-myke.jpg
It's North America...or the small intestines.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Coil question. And for some reason, this just seems to happen with my Air rebuilds, not my Evods.

I always anneal my new wire And dry burn it. I do some fresh winds, some soak and clean, dry burn and rewicks.

About 1 in 5, just taste NASTY. Maybe burnt but not the burned insulator taste I got from an Evod rebuild once. Am I the only one? Am I not dry burning a coil clean enough?

Do I ruin the whole tank of juice or not? Smells ok. Taste like crap.

PS; The flavors are Ohm's Root Beer float mixed with Ohm's French Maid (x2 Vanilla, x2 Cream) that I vape all the time.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Bruce, when I rebuild coils I wind them, check ohms, fire them, wick them, insert them in tank and add liquid. Could all the other stuff you're doing be causing the taste?

@Nanny22, do you have this problem with the coils I rebuilt for you?
Nope! Clean as a whistle and last til the cows come home! I haven't had one with any funky taste yet.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Bruce, I'm sorry! I went back and re read your post. I thought you were doing all that to a fresh build. On an old build, I've found that after I dry burn I have to run my coils back through the ultrasonic cleaner to get rid of the residue from dry burning. Try that on a couple and see if it helps. Again, I apologize for not reading as carefully as I could have. :)

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Coil question. And for some reason, this just seems to happen with my Air rebuilds, not my Evods.

I always anneal my new wire And dry burn it. I do some fresh winds, some soak and clean, dry burn and rewicks.

About 1 in 5, just taste NASTY. Maybe burnt but not the burned insulator taste I got from an Evod rebuild once. Am I the only one? Am I not dry burning a coil clean enough?

Do I ruin the whole tank of juice or not? Smells ok. Taste like crap.

PS; The flavors are Ohm's Root Beer float mixed with Ohm's French Maid (x2 Vanilla, x2 Cream) that I vape all the time.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Bruce, I'm sorry! I went back and re read your post. I thought you were doing all that to a fresh build. On an old build, I've found that after I dry burn I have to run my coils back through the ultrasonic cleaner to get rid of the residue from dry burning. Try that on a couple and see if it helps. Again, I apologize for not reading as carefully as I could have. :)
I think Lynn nailed, it doesn't take much left on the coil to ruin the flavor. I haven't had that issue since using the UC as Lynn suggests on the coils.

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
Welcome to the funny farm, vangrl27.

Taking your questions in order,

1) I dunno. Wait for wiser people to reply.
2). All four of the GS tanks, the Air, the Air M, the Air Ms, and the GS-Tank can all take any of the GS-Air coils, including the 1.5 ohm dual coil, the 1.2 ohm cotton wick, and the TC coil that comes with the GS-Tank. All interchangeable.

3) Haven't tried the TC coil yet, but the M, Ms, Air and Tank are all fine with max VG using the 1.5 and 1.2 ohm coils.
TC coils work with 70/30 VG/PG drop off water per ML, which won't flow in my Subtank without the water.

Reactions: vangrl27

Canno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
SE Tennessee, USA
So... you married a thirty-four year old. Does that make you a cradle robber?

P.S. Happy anniversary!
Actually no, when we first got together some called her a cougar. I think after all this time we are committed so it wouldn't be fair to call her that now. :) Thanks Gran.

Canno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
SE Tennessee, USA
Gran, Lynn, AllElseFailed, Kataya, Canno, etc. were right. The PT3 PT2 coils will fit the T3S

I have an old friend that used to say anytime he was right about something, " If I tell you the huckleberries are ripe, get your blankin bucket."
Sayin hi to everybody. I'll back out for a while again. Have fun.

Been enjoying my Ismoka Eleaf GS Tank.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Could anyone point me to a guide video with recommended methods for rebuilding these?
IMG_20150903_204457351_HDR_zpsstt89qvk.jpg
Are they from evods/PT's?

'Morning Everyone! Happy Weekend! :)

Gotvapes has everything at 25% off this weekend. The GS Air 1.5 coils and the MS's are still in stock. If the coils are anything like the most recent ones that I got, it's a great deal!
Coupon code: laborday2015 & the Newsletter stacks to make it 30% off. Shipping is around 3.00.
ELeaf GS Air-M & Air-MS Tank : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread