Eleaf I power 80w or I stick 50w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin89

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
While I realize that the 50 watt istick is obsolete now and wondering whether I should get this or the ipower 80w. I rarely go up to 50 watts of power let alone 80 watts. However the I power has a larger battery which is appealing. I'm really down to get either one but I'm just wondering which one is better quality? I mean this for the build quality and also the chip inside that reads the atomizer.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Well.... hate to say it but both of the mods you say in your post have internal batteries and they are going to die eventually. I have 3 Istick 50's that all have spent batteries. With regular use and charging you maybe get a year out of a hitter with internal batteries if your lucky and don't wear out the 510 threads first. You'd be better off spending the few extra bucks getting 18650 batts and a good charger along with a hitter that doesn't have internal batteries.
I have hitters that go up to 100 watts but I hang around 20-40 watts(.3-1.2ohm builds) and have a great vape with claptons and stainless steel. If you do get a external battery hitter then IMO avoid the single battery ones if your planning to vape wattages higher than 20 cause like me once your batts begin to show their age they loose their punch and you don't get many vapes before "low battery" indicator flashes. Using dual batts you get a better life out of the hitter with older batteries like my Istick100 (2 years old) does good but I put a old airflow adapter to save my getting tired 510 threads from stripping.
Review the hitters and google "(the hitter you want to look at) problems" to see if there are issues that some reviewers don't tell you and find out after you've bought the unit.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
While I realize that the 50 watt istick is obsolete now and wondering whether I should get this or the ipower 80w. I rarely go up to 50 watts of power let alone 80 watts. However the I power has a larger battery which is appealing. I'm really down to get either one but I'm just wondering which one is better quality? I mean this for the build quality and also the chip inside that reads the atomizer.
I have 2 Eleafs (30/40)and both going strong after 1 year, so the quality is there. I would let the amount of desired vape time (mAh) between charges decide for you. If mAh is not a factor, I would go with the less expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread