Eleaf iJust S for a complete mod beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matteo Justiniano

Dec 14, 2016
Hey guys,
I just purchased an eleaf iJust S looking to get into the Mod vaping world.
I have been using vape pens for the past 4 months and this has effectively got me off cigarettes.
I am now looking for an upgrade :D

I know i could have possibly gone for a simpler Mod as a first purchase but it had the best value for price ratio and from what i see is marketed as a beginner device so i don't expect it to be too complicated.

My main worry is that i know it to be a sub-ohm device and from what i understand sub ohming is not to be taken lightly.

So getting to my question, should i be worried when using it?
Any advice and warnings related to this particular device?

As i said mod vapes are new to me so i'm still taking in all the info out there.

Essentially. aside from the usual battery safety tips that i can get anywhere online (no overheating, no dents, no metal, etc) what can i do to use this particular kit in a safe way while i learn what needs to be learnt?

Thanks alot guys

Last edited:

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Welcome Matteo, congrats on switching to vape.
The Ijust kit is pretty much plug n play.
It is actually very simple as there isn't even a power adjustment with the battery. You will find the tank has lots of airflow and if you were a MTL (mouth to lung) vaper you may need to change your draw technique and become a DTL (direct to lung) vaper.

You will notice a huge performance gain and may need to cut back on nic. Cheers.

Edit. Do not get liquid/moisture in the usb port and do not leave the device in a hot or cold environment. Plug it in to charge whenever you like.
Do not drop or throw the battery around, turn it OFF if you put it in your pocket and you'll be fine.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Thanks alot Hitmetwice.

Your help is highly appreciated.
I won't have problems with DTL and am quite used to it by now and also at 0 nicotine so i don't think that would be a problem either.

Again, thanks alot :)
I sometimes let social media get to me but then again, better safe than sorry [emoji38]
I may be wrong but aren't the coilheads replaceable? If so you probably are not stuck with the ohm rate or draw MTL vs DTL. I doubt you want or need to go lower... but you could go higher ohm if desired.
Good thing about that mod and atty set is it about as safe and simple as a mod gets.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Matteo Justiniano

Dec 14, 2016
You did purchase the entire kit, right, Matteo?
The Ijust S tank requires a more powerful battery.
Most stick types do not have the juice needed by the
Ijust S tank so they must not be used together. Cheers.

Hey Hitmetwice, thanks again for your answer.
Yes i believe i did, the kit contains:
  • Rechargable iJust S
  • iJust S head-atomizer (CE 0.3ohm)
  • ECL 0.18ohm head
  • USB cable
  • Air flow control ring
  • User manual
This should be all that is needed right?
I don't plan on combining any parts together, and if i will need to change anything i plan on buying original Eleaf pieces.

I may be wrong but aren't the coilheads replaceable?
Yes i believe they are, so you are suggesting buying a higher ohm coil head to begin with if and until i feel comfortable going lower?

Unfortunately, although they are replaceable i haven't managed to find any coils > 1ohm

Reactions: Hitmetwice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread