Eleaf iJust S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016

Well I like the Evic Mini's and the Cuboids but have others like the istick 100, the Aster, and even a little Kanger. As far as vapor/taste production to me they are all the same since it is the atty that defines those characteristics. So that leaves lesser factors effecting the mod purchase. Things like;
- Cuboid is a heavy square mod, not pocket friendly
- the Aster is small and light but is prone to falling over with its small base
- the istick has a physical lock on the its fire button which is pocket friendly (since I rarely turn my mod off)
- single battery mods are small and light but need recharging or battery replacement before the day ends
and so on and so on. All I'm trying to say is that if you buy any of the popular mods you will be happy with it, but with time and experience you may find one that for your own personal reasons you're just that little bit happier with.

The only differences may be in their functions and may or may not matter to you. Some of the earlier mods do not have stainless steel temp mode. Nowadays some are offering customizable power and temp modes together with memory settings. Again you have to do the research and/or gain the experience to decide if these things are important to you. I use only the wattage power mode but use a lot of SS coils so I like it when the TC modes also include SS settings, even though I've yet to put them to any use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheallaigh

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have zeroed in on iJust S or Joyetech Ego One V2 Mega or mini
The advantage with iJust S is that I can use my ego one tank.
And the advantage with v2 is that it supports CLR coils.

The tanks and the batteries are interchangeable. The sizes might be different but given what you said so far, I'd stick with something from the Joyetech purely based on your experience with rebuilding them.

I believe the Joyetech is a 22mm wide device and the iJustS is 24.5mm.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

VapeonLivelong

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2015
Hi
The tanks and the batteries are interchangeable. The sizes might be different but given what you said so far, I'd stick with something from the Joyetech purely based on your experience with rebuilding them.

I believe the Joyetech is a 22mm wide device and the iJustS is 24.5mm.
Hi djsvapour,
I have decided to go in for Joyetech Ego One V2 mega.
Which site do I buy it from?
Ft? Gearbest? Or Aliexpress?
There are chances of my shipment being caught at customs, but I guess I have to take the risk.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Yes... tempting. You might still have the same rebuilding issues with those coils. They can be done, but they are not easy.

If I remember correctly I think the Ijust2 coils are one of those that spot weld the negative coil lead to the body of the coil. That dosen't mean it can't be rebuilt because the negative lead could still be routed to the coil's base but it is such a small diameter coil I think it would be like trying to build a ship model in a bottle. Some folks could meet that challenge, most couldn't be bothered to try.

Seems to me the Ijust2 is available from many US suppliers at $29.99, some of them offering regular 10% discounts (such as Vapor DNA with the code DNA10) and have seen them as low as $21-$22. If you like the tank it can be had for around $14 but with their switch failures I wouldn't recommend their mod.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Honestly they are pretty much the same thing. They both use a fixed battery and change watts by changing ohms. Lower ohm = higher watts. Just check videos for each coil and see which you think would be easiest to rebuild. 5 2.5mm wraps of 26 Awg nichrome will be about the lowest ohm I'd recommend. Should be around 0.5 Ohm. You can't fit 24 Awg in them, even 26 Awg you need to gently put bottom pin in. If you have to force it in you will rip the insulator. That being said your battery can take any tank so maybe just get a single coil RTA like Haze dripper tank clone, SubTank mini clone w/ RBA or dual coil RTA with a block for single coil like the UD Bellus. Then you can fit anything you want in it super easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread