Eleaf Istick Competition - Heatvape Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

igottasrt8

Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Lost Angels
Defender - Heatvape

So this looks pretty cool. Please don't be a piece of ...., please don't be a piece of .....

The Heatvape Defender is a powerful mini box mod that can be powered up to 25 watts. This monster fits in your palm of your hand and is extremely ergonomic. Powered by a built in 2600 mAh 20a high drain battery with integrated micro-USB port for easy charging. The Heatvape Defender supports 0.5 ohm sub-ohm tanks perfectly. The device has an innovative two sided thread connector, one side is 510 threaded, the other is ego threaded.

Features:

510 and eGo Threaded

Variable wattage from 5W to 25W

Variable voltage from 1V to 8V

Ohm capability: 0.5 Ohm to 3 Ohm.

Built-in 2600 mAh 20a battery

Micro USB rechargeable

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
86mm tall, not bad; still prefer to have a replaceable battery though...

Same here. I have been surprised how many otherwise innovative and advanced designs have a hard wired battery.
Even if they think they sell more repeat purchases, I think they would do better making uniquely shaped replaceable batteries.
You'd have to buy the battery from them, it would be greener, and I think it would actually lead to more sales for the manufacturer.

I don't like seeing all the hard wired batteries.

geekmedic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
Same here. I have been surprised how many otherwise innovative and advanced designs have a hard wired battery.
Even if they think they sell more repeat purchases, I think they would do better making uniquely shaped replaceable batteries.
You'd have to buy the battery from them, it would be greener, and I think it would actually lead to more sales for the manufacturer.

I don't like seeing all the hard wired batteries.

It is of my opinion that these are geared to the user that wants to jump from a cig-a-like to something with much better performance, and without the hassle of changing batteries. I also believe that mfg's are gearing towards lulling people into a feeling of security as far as battery safety. Myself when I first started looking into mods I didn't know jack about batteries and felt comfortable that the mfg placed the proper rated battery into their device.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I wish I could recall where I saw a review of the heatvape defender, but someone had posted it has a weak top section. They were pulling it out of their pocket and the entire top section where the 510 connection is popped off and broke a wire. Not trying to be a debbie downer, but IMO if you are considering buying this read as many reviews as possible.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
DERN IT! I can't find where I've seen the info about this mod I mentioned above. I look at to much stuff. I swear it was the exact same device right down to me wondering what the little hole was in the top and then realizing it was an attachment point for the lanyard. The guy even posted a pic of the top broken off. I think the defender was under a different name when I saw it. Looking at the Heatvape website they are selling a (clone?) Dovpo E-mech under the name Heatvape Invader!

CaCHooKa Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
3JDjdBq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread