Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I've handed my Defender to about 5 people who are vaping isticks at a local vape shop and all have mentioned that - 'that fits the hand a bit better' (or similar) - sales people think so as well. It doesn't really look that much different and it isn't like the istick is 'uncomfortable', just that second curved end adds something.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
They are both quite comfy. The Defender is a bit heavier.

Not sure why, but I tend to use the Defender a bit more. I like the center placement for the tank attachment and it simply seems less likely to get abused in my purse....more stable attachment, perhaps. It looks more stable too, though I can easily say I haven't had any problems with my isticks falling over.

ARHS

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Sawyers Valley, WA, Australia
How do the two compare in "hand comfort" and weight???

Both comfy I would say. Defender a bit heavier but not by much.
Defender has a better "feel" in hand but iStick is a bit smaller.
For me it was about buying something different rather having 2 isticks. Keeps things a bit more interesting!
I did have the iStick 20w but sold it as my sweet spot is at 25w.
They actually go well together and I take both or none when out and about.

Reactions: gerrymi

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Between Sir Kent C and Madame tearose, I have a feeling I'll own a Defender in my near future.

Enablers!!!!!!!! ;)

M'lady, you would not regret it. :- ) ....even though it is still likely that we're looking for the perfect replaceable batt small mod.... hasn't been built yet as far as I know :)

And there is always this: (see @ 15:00 in, where he pulls the batt :- )

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
160096210.jpg

159762952.jpg

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I have a feeling I'll own a Defender in my near future.

Thanx to Kent, tearose and ARHS...I agree with you Kat...I gotta get a Defender. (And this has to be a better idea than that hare-brained scheme we came up with in scoring an IPV Mini.) (Although it was on a HUGE sale...I still need a 2nd person to help me carry it from room-to-room.)

Anybody know of a current good/sale price for the Defender???

Reactions: ARHS

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
M'lady, you would not regret it. :- ) ....even though it is still likely that we're looking for the perfect replaceable batt small mod.... hasn't been built yet as far as I know :)

Kat,

I may have spoke too soon....

HTB1JO9UHVXXXXcyXXXXq6xXFXXX1.jpg

rounded on both sides with a replaceable batt by Kanger:

No sizes stated but in this pic:

Subox_Details.jpg

... the 18650 is 65mm and likely sets into the spring loaded area - so not that much more... 75mm? 80mm?

The Subtank mini is 54mm high (x 22mm)

Anyway, it looks about the size and shape of a Defender with a replaceable batt. :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Aha. This one has come to my attention from a couple of people just in the last couple of days. Tiz cute. I think I like the look of the Defender more, tho.

Also, I'm still waiting for the Cool Fire 4 to hit, even tho, alas, no replaceable batt.

And why? I don't have a clue. I need yet another device?? :shock:

Thank you for thinking of me, Kent!

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Anybody know of a current good/sale price for the Defender???

I ordered from these guys--but it looks like I got the last one. :facepalm: You may want to email them and ask if they are going to restock; 31 bucks shipped.

Heatvape Defender 5W to 25W - $25.30

Can't vouch for the vendor either--never ordered from them before, but it was the best deal going.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
... the 18650 is 65mm and likely sets into the spring loaded area - so not that much more... 75mm? 80mm?

The Subtank mini is 54mm high (x 22mm)

Anyway, it looks about the size and shape of a Defender with a replaceable batt. :)

Hopefully...eventually...you'll be able to buy the KBox Mini without the Subtank Mini???

[My Nauty's and GS Air M's are all I desire!]

Right now you can pre-order one in either black or white for only $66.49 when you use coupon code “5OFFNOW” for 5% off. The expected release date is June 1st 2015.

Kanger Subox Mini

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread