Status
Not open for further replies.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
She would look like a German villain in an old world war II movie...Monocled General!
Awaiting the UC to do its thing while having a refreshing tea...
aarons_monocled.jpg

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
The only drawbacks I've been seeing is folks having issues with certain tanks not reading properly on the TC40...
That they have to loosen the tank on the mod. Wondered if you have noticed anything like that?
Sounds like the problem that I am having. Must be something going on with the 510 connection.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
if it's brand new no point in looking for a fix - contact your vendor and see about a replacement ;)
I bought it from FT and I live in Canada. Not sure how long the return process will take. I kind of like it with the Hurricane so will use it for that primarily. Works really well once the atty is seated properly.

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Been using the iStick 40w for about a month now I think. Two annoyances that I want to point out.

The OHMs doesn't adjust unless you pull the tank off and replace it on the battery. Just a minor annoyance. I believe it did with the 30w. Like I would place my coil on the battery, fire it, then compress it with tweezers and I could see the resistance moving. Now I have to take the tank off, put it back on to see where it's at.

I read one of the comments on pbusardo's review, and someone e-mailed ismoka I think, and they said the battery is mislabeled or something and it really is a 2600mah. This is really suspect to me, because I swear this battery doesn't last as long as the one in the 30w did, and I'm vaping at the same wattage. Probably less since the 40w fires a little bit low.

Does anyone else get the sudden drop in battery with the 40w?

With the 30w I could go like 2 full days on one charge. Well I fully charged mine about 24 hours ago. When I went to sleep last night, the meter was at like 80-85% supposedly. I've been using it sparingly off and on today, and haven't checked the battery for a while. I went to check, and it looks like I'm down to 25-30% charge all of a sudden.

I've been meaning to drain it down til it dies to actually see how long it can go on the supposed 25-30%, but my OCD'ness doesn't let me.

I swear with the 30w I would charge it every night, and so it would never see lower than 60% no matter the day. Sometimes I'd forget, and the next day I'd be like wow, I probably don't even need to charge it every night. With this, if I forget, I'm running near empty.

I'll admit though, when I put it back on the charger it shoots back up pretty quickly. 20 mins and it'll probably be back at like 90%. I think I just had it on for like 5 mins and it's already back up to like 60%.

Last edited:

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I finally broke down and ordered an iStick 40. Couldn't resist Rocky Mountain Vapor's 25% off sale. What I really wanted was a KBox Mini with a floating 510 pin, though.

I think Busardo said that the 40's battery life was kind of short while in TC mode, but was fine in VW mode.

I got an iStick 40W today. Am having trouble with most of my RBAs either shorting or getting a message atomizer low. All of them work on every other box mod that I have (MVP3Pro, MVP20, Defender, Sig Mini, etc). Only ones that work properly are Kayfun V4 and Hurricane. If I do not screw the others down completely, I can get all of them to work but then they are loose. Anyone else having this kind of issue?? I am only using VW mod. Only have Kanthal coils which range from .9 to 1.2ohm. The iStick seems to work well with the ones that fit.

Not good news. I have that problem with a 30. I recommend you send it back if it is under warranty. That's partly why I wanted to try a KBox Mini instead next.

Last edited:

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
I'm looking for reviews on the battery life, and some people are saying it doesn't last very long, but it's not an epidemic just yet.

Seriously though, I'm not crazy, this battery seems to die very quickly. At least the meter does.

Found this review on FT:

"I thought the box looked very small and now I know why! This device promises 2600 mAh right? Wrong! I find it only lasts roughly half as long as my Kbox which has a 2600mAh Samsung battery. Once more I suspect Chinese manufacturers decided to promise one thing and deliver something else. The power outputs on the screen also need to be set much higher than the K box to get the same flavour so the massive bargain you think you are getting is in my view not what it claims to be.

Stick with kanger I say! Come on Kanger where is your TC mod!

I doubt I will ever buy a mod with a built in battery again. It's just a scam for making money out of trusting customers. Beware!"

This one on ECF:

It runs out a bit quicker than my istick 30 or my kbox mini but battery life isn't terrible. It charges very fast.

For reference, I'm vaping 1.2 ohm coils at 7.5 watts on the reader with a KFL+v2. I filled the tank up Thursday night, and the 4.5ml tank isn't even empty yet. The battery was pulled off the charger full around 2 PM Friday while I was at work.

I wonder how long it would last someone vaping subohm around 20 watts?

Last edited:

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Not good news. I have that problem with a 30. I recommend you send it back if it is under warranty. That's partly why I wanted to try a KBox Mini instead next.

The kbox Mini doesn't have a spring-loaded 510, so I would imagine it would make that issue worse.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I'm looking for reviews on the battery life, and some people are saying it doesn't last very long, but it's not an epidemic just yet.

Seriously though, I'm not crazy, this battery seems to die very quickly. At least the meter does.

Found this review on FT:

"I thought the box looked very small and now I know why! This device promises 2600 mAh right? Wrong! I find it only lasts roughly half as long as my Kbox which has a 2600mAh Samsung battery. Once more I suspect Chinese manufacturers decided to promise one thing and deliver something else. The power outputs on the screen also need to be set much higher than the K box to get the same flavour so the massive bargain you think you are getting is in my view not what it claims to be.

Stick with kanger I say! Come on Kanger where is your TC mod!

I doubt I will ever buy a mod with a built in battery again. It's just a scam for making money out of trusting customers. Beware!"

This one on ECF:

For reference, I'm vaping 1.2 ohm coils at 7.5 watts on the reader with a KFL+v2. I filled the tank up Thursday night, and the 4.5ml tank isn't even empty yet. The battery was pulled off the charger full around 2 PM Friday while I was at work.

I wonder how long it would last someone vaping subohm around 20 watts?
I am vaping at 16.5watts with a 1.1ohm coil. Got thru about 7.5ml before the box shut down. I have a Defender 25W and a MVP20 both with 2600mah batteries. Going to test the same atty with the same settings on each of them to see how far I get. Currently using the Defender and I am almost where the iStick died and the battery indicator is still at about 50%. I will let you know how it goes.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Hurry up and participate in this thread to get a $10 coupon code from HG.....I think it's still open..
200W Asolo TC Box Mod by Heaven Gifts | Page 13 | E-Cigarette Forum

ETA: Never mind voting is goin on and some confusion. Sorry it ended the 24th
I guess this is still goin on since Vera posted this yesterday. Get a $10 gift card anyway

Guys, we are holding the public beta test for iJoy Asolo 200W Mod, come and join this contest! We will reward all participants with a $10USD gift card to be added to your Heaven Gifts account (if you don't have one yet, feel free to register on Heavengifts.com). PM us your account info after the participation.

We will keep updating the details! Here is the entry link: 200W Asolo TC Box Mod by Heaven Gifts | E-Cigarette Forum

Stay tuned!!!

Reactions: TrollDragon

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I am vaping at 16.5watts with a 1.1ohm coil. Got thru about 7.5ml before the box shut down. I have a Defender 25W and a MVP20 both with 2600mah batteries. Going to test the same atty with the same settings on each of them to see how far I get. Currently using the Defender and I am almost where the iStick died and the battery indicator is still at about 50%. I will let you know how it goes.
Probably not the case, but are you charging the iStick until the battery symbol goes out?

KelogGes

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Ft Lauderdale FL
I have 4 30W's that I use daily. I bought the 40W for the TC and I'm not happy with it at all. I really should use it as a regular mod and don't know why I don't. Guess I just don't think about it.

Lynn thanks, I did not know you had 4 - 30s this explains a lot

Have you used your 40 with your mini and TC coils ? I think this will become a game changer once people try the mini with TC.

Note: my 3 Nautilus Mini's all have optional metal covered class tanks and don't shatter when dropped, at least so far.

I am mostly using my 40 with one of my mini's with TC coil and have mostly followed your suggestion of temp 400 degrees max and less and use it quite a lot as my now favorite, compared to my 20w and 30w with other mini's

I did get a gs air and TC coils for it when i ordered the 40w, and don't like the gs air so much after trying it and compared to the mini, for several reason. But probably will test it again, or use it as a temp TC alternate for the 40w?

Last edited:
Reactions: TrollDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread