Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi guys, im new to the forums and to the vaping world.
I can't decide between those 2 models.
Which one gives the best vaping experience?
And the best flavour tastes?
Never used The innokin mod but i like the Pico so much i bought two of them.

If you plan on using 24 mm attys and larger they wont fit on the Pico.

My Second favorite choice is the eVic VTC Mini.

Serrob98

Nov 6, 2016
The question you are asking is... Do we prefer the Innokin tank or the Eleaf tank? The power source is not where you need to look.

Perhaps you can google "Melo III vs. iSub S"

I would choose the Melo III. I am 100% sure on that. The Innokin might be expensive too depending where you live.
But in general, is better the Pico or the Cortex? Im really new to this world...i don't understand that much :/

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
But in general, is better the Pico or the Cortex? Im really new to this world...i don't understand that much :/
I have no experience with the cortex. The pico is my favorite mod to carry around because it seems to be the smallest available to carry an 18650 and do temp control.

Reactions: RainSong

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

The Pico and the Cortex are both 'mods' or batteries (if you want to call them that).
They come with a tank. You need to compare the tanks not the mods.
I understand, you need to translate maybe.. ??

I would buy the Pico package (kit) for a few reasons.

1. better tanks (i.m.o.) with more options too.
2. independent battery inside the mod.
3. smaller.
4. cheaper.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I would buy the Cortex because I feel the quality of Innokin products is much better than the quality of Eleaf products. just from my own experience.
In a way, that is true.
If I had to go to a desert island with just one kit, I'd choose Innokin every time....
Good point! :)

Reactions: whodat2112

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I have the Pico and have been happy with it. I haven't had a Innokin product in quite some time, but the 3 Innokin iTaste VV3s that I had only lasted 3-6 months. Maybe their newer products are better, I'm not sure. The Pico has replaceable battieies and the Cortex does not. This means that the Cortex is a paperweight when the battery dies. I'm not a big fan of the Melo III tank, that comes with the Pico. There are better tanks imho and the Pico can be bought without the tank if you like. The best tank depends on if you want to vape mouth-to-lung (like most people smoke cigs) or direct-lung, which is the technique that is usually used with sub-ohm tanks.

Reactions: djsvapour

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have to admit (having some Pricey mods) there is no better deal in vaping than the Pico.
As stated above,,the pleasure experience will be determined by the atomizer..
I LOVE my Pico's because they are more pocket friendly than other mods that uses 18650 batteries

Reactions: Ed_C

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi guys, im new to the forums and to the vaping world.
I can't decide between those 2 models.
Which one gives the best vaping experience?
And the best flavour tastes?

Not sure which one you would Like Better?

But as the Mods go, I would Always lean towards a Mod that uses a Replaceable Battery.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I would buy the Cortex because I feel the quality of Innokin products is much better than the quality of Eleaf products. just from my own experience.

No question about that , Innokin makes much higher quality mods , Eleaf makes more attractive mods and concentrates on building the smallest mods but engineering quality there is no comparison.

Phil Busardo said the same when someone asked him about those two companies , he toured the Joytech factory and was appalled at the lack of quality and Joytech /Eleaf are two of the same.

Their complete lack of a warranty despite what they say is another reason i would never do business with them.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
No question about that , Innokin makes much higher quality mods , Eleaf makes more attractive mods and concentrates on building the smallest mods but engineering quality there is no comparison.

Phil Busardo said the same when someone asked him about those two companies , he toured the Joytech factory and was appalled at the lack of quality and Joytech /Eleaf are two of the same.

Their complete lack of a warranty despite what they say is another reason i would never do business with them.

Then they upped their game. When my VV3 died after three mouths I emailed Innokin and was told that all their warranties were taken care of by their vendors. The vendor told me tough luck. My other two VV3s died after 6 months. Next to the Vamo, there were more complaints here about SVDs and VTRs, than just about anything else. So, hopefully those days are gone.

PS I didn't own one, but their MVPs did seem to be pretty well thought of, so I guess it was somewhat of a mixed bag. I'm just not sure I'd give them another shot or not.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Then they upped their game. When my VV3 died after three mouths I emailed Innokin and was told that all their warranties were taken care of by their vendors. The vendor told me tough luck. My other two VV3s died after 6 months. Next to the Vamo, there were more complaints here about SVDs and VTRs, than just about anything else. So, hopefully those days are gone.

PS I didn't own one, but their MVPs did seem to be pretty well thought of, so I guess it was somewhat of a mixed bag. I'm just not sure I'd give them another shot or not.

VV3's & 4's and the old Vamo were are not good examples so i agree with you there . I wasn't impressed with the VTR engineering either , the mod was a tank though .

A great example of how good Innokin engineering is , is the SVD 2.0 , many consider that more stellar than even a Provari , mind boggling how good that thing is but it's Evolve 20 watt DNA chip came too late so it never took off .

Good points on your part , those mods you mentioned other than the MVP are disappointing .

Reactions: Ed_C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread