Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Anyone have the new white Pico with the bronze/copper trim in hand yet to see how it looks and how the trim holds up?
iStick-Pico_05_0f5c4d5c-84e9-4a19-8260-b02b50265886_grande.jpg

Km00

Aug 23, 2016
In case anyone hasn't seen the Merlin Mini on the Pico:

31865497276_676cc028c7_c.jpg

Yes, you have to buzz the batt cap slightly with a Dremel or by hand (24mm), but it's an excellent atty IMHO.
I got my limitlesa on mine, a slight bit of sanding and good to go!
211639b637c6af8fac0caea3c4f461b4.jpg

Under a rock with a 6gb connection

Km00

Aug 23, 2016
Can you post pictures of the modification? And a few more close ups :)

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
3041ca54d1ba4cfb2d90ab21cd764d56.jpg
c605dce51285bdc6073405fd67d4cfb1.jpg
d988d3e17629f5c8c4aac28a1da161d9.jpg

Very, very, very small overhang.
I did it with a hand filing tool, specifically a triangular wood filer. And unless the pico is without a tank you'd have to look real closely to notice.

Under a rock with a 6gb connection

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Wow, I've never seen the Bronze/Copper Pico. That's interesting. After realizing that the EHpro KFL+v2 is the only tank I will ever use, it became hard to find but I managed to get my hands on a gold and a rose gold/copper one. I was thinking that both would look crappy on my black pico, but that would look a little better. I still don't think I'd buy one though, but cool thought.

I ordered a second pico in black. I had been dawdling about getting another one as a spare for vapemaggedon. I noticed the price went up on Gearbest, but was happy to see that RMV had them on sale for $21 shipped.

Took a few days to decide how many, and what color. Found out that pink and grey are both out of stock, so it made it easy. I grabbed another black one for the time being. Not sure if I wanna go with something different as a secondary spare.

I mean, you really can't go wrong with a black mod or silver mod.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
well I've had a PICO fail on me...

wife came to me and said: " this stopped working " :glare:

it's running an eGo ONE tank (CLR SS 1.1Ω @ 25w 280°) - has been for several months

I play around, nothing, then I put it back into Watts mode, it works great o_O

try another tank, nothing in Temp mode SS
try it in Temp Mode Ni, works fine
wrapped some new SS coils - tried them, nothing in SS Temp Mode

so everything else works just fine - just not the " SS TEMP CONTROL Mode " anymore, it just qwit ! :grr:

:( :unsure:

Reactions: Foggy Road

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

it's running an eGo ONE tank (CLR SS 1.1Ω @ 25w 280°) - has been for several months

so everything else works just fine - just not the " SS TEMP CONTROL Mode " anymore, it just qwit ! :grr:

tried reflashing the firmware?

mcattardo

Feb 24, 2016
NH
I did a firmware update yesterday and discovered my USB connection on the Pico is flaky. Windows said the program stopped responding, but it was the Pico disconnecting. It worked for most of the day then turned into a paperweight when I swapped batteries. I reflashed with a little tension on the connector and all seems well.
FWIW, keeping your pc volume turned up a little should let you hear if it's disconnecting....

I was seriously bummed when it happened but I can't complain. It's been in daily use since they came out and had a bunch of knocks and falls.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

My hunch is reflashing the firmware will be the charm. A possible work around, set up the TCR value for stainless wire in one of the M modes and see if that works. I'm expecting a Pico to hold up to at least a year of continuous use. I'd be delighted with 2 years. I hope people report their pico troubles here so we can figure out how to keep them running in case of government interference.

In another thread someone worried that most of our screen displays have a limited shelf life, as in 10 years. A possible work round for a dead screen may be the custom firmware that lets us see the device working real time. Can that read the user settings? If so then you could confirm the settings or change them while connected to a PC then lock the settings to insure they don't change. I'm at 30 max watts and 400 degrees and that never changes. The thing you'd lose with no screen is the battery charge indicator so you'd need to be more careful about keeping the mod charged up.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
yepper, I did similar to what you stated
just lowered the TEMP ° and put it in Ni mode

as I said, all (ALL) other functions work perfect :)

- - -

I have a Sigelei that has the screen problem
again it is the wifes (mini book 40w) and the screen just went dead, blank, nothing...

I just swap in a new battery each day and run the (-) button down, then back up (blindly) till it tastes good

o_O :|

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
My hunch is reflashing the firmware will be the charm. A possible work around, set up the TCR value for stainless wire in one of the M modes and see if that works. I'm expecting a Pico to hold up to at least a year of continuous use. I'd be delighted with 2 years. I hope people report their pico troubles here so we can figure out how to keep them running in case of government interference.

In another thread someone worried that most of our screen displays have a limited shelf life, as in 10 years. A possible work round for a dead screen may be the custom firmware that lets us see the device working real time. Can that read the user settings? If so then you could confirm the settings or change them while connected to a PC then lock the settings to insure they don't change. I'm at 30 max watts and 400 degrees and that never changes. The thing you'd lose with no screen is the battery charge indicator so you'd need to be more careful about keeping the mod charged up.
It's a $20 mod, grab some spares...

In a year or two they will be probably blowing them out on Vaporworld for $5 each, so you might want to grab 10 or 20 of them then. :lol:

OLED screens have a life span and do suffer from burn-in, I highly doubt I'll have any of my current mods in 10 years or if I'll even be vaping.

iwriduan

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Bandung, ID
i bought my 5th pico yesterday, just for backup, got myself the new white/bronze one. and IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

thinking bout getting myself the black/bronze one also.

the bronze finish is not a painted one, i dunno the material but it is brushed bronze color to the threads. looks good on that department, hope it'll last since it is brushed finished.
the body itself is not a hard pearly white but rather a bit matte textured painted. and PRONE to scratch if you're not baby this piece.
btw checked the fw and hw it came with 1.00 fw and 1.00 hw version. brained it with latest arcticfox and it is working as a charm.
3fcd69a95f59dace8f53b46924bbe145.jpg

5c3d964155d17015df515215ea9e966e.jpg

btw, i a friend of mine bought herself a CLONED istick pico (the older grey color variant with chromed upper/bottom/button parts) and i was unable to upgrade its fw with both original nor arcticfox fw. so better to be careful buying a pico, i think the new colors are less prone to got cloned (all black, brushed ss, and bronze variants)

she bought the clone one for approx usd16 while my bronze (and the all black/brushed ss) were offered for approx usd27 btw.

keep on vaping mates, #vaperesponsibly and always #knowwhatyouvape

Sent using Tapatalk while vaping ★彡

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Usually RMV delivers my stuff in 2 days (which would have been Friday). It had estimated delivery Saturday and didn't make it. It wasn't even in my state yet as of this afternoon.

I'm in no hurry, but I'm curious as to why the only stuff that gets lost in the mail for me if vape stuff. I buy plenty of stuff online, and even stuff that's coming from China always gets here. I thought maybe they'd have to check the package to make sure it's nothing malicious, but that doesn't explain the delays I get from e-liquid either.

10 year life on the screen? Well, I hope I'm not still vaping in 10 years. Even if the screen were to go out, you could probably just hold the wattage down button until you reach the end, then go up in .1 watt increments, then lock it.

If you plan on vaping in 10 years, I imagine you've accrued many devices at that point and wouldn't be worrying about the screen breaking on one of them.

I just had a scare that my pico just broke, but then I realized it was only on 1 watt because I had just tested that it would stop at the end and not round robin by holding the wattage down button. Scared me for a sec :shock:

P.S. Since my e-juice company (ITC) has decided to stay in business, I bought a new flavor. Maple Pecan. It's had a nice 2 week steep and I'll probably try some soon. Hopefully it's as good as the Butter Pecan I got from MBV back in the day. Unfortunately, I can't vape MBV anymore since switching companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread