Eleaf iStick "pico"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I like the Melo 3 just fine - it is just I have tanks I like better (eGo ONE & Kanger subtanks)

I like the rba heads that go in it - this one is best IMO , very robust and works a champ...

- Anyvape Sega Tank RDA V2 Coil Head 0.5ohm (1 piece) Fits Atlantis and Melo also

this one is pretty good too...
- Eleaf Melo 2 RBA (ECR Head) - Eleaf Coils - Eleaf - Tanks & Coils

this one a little goofy...
- Aspire Triton RTA RBA Kit - Aspire Coils - Aspire - Tanks & Coils

vapeSmart

View attachment 634575

So I'm guessing that Sega should fit the Atlantis EVO as well? I might have to try that.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

GreenMonster

Jan 24, 2017
Southeastern, MA
Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
So I'm guessing that Sega should fit the Atlantis EVO as well? I might have to try that.

not sure about the EVO as I don't have one... ;)

Thanks for the information... seems most people who bought the pico with the melo don't use it, or bought it without... So many decent 22mm tanks out there.

Thanks, that's why I'm a little indecisive... with the "full kit"pico being $9 more and the RDA head options out there, it's tough not just to grab a pico w/ the melo

well to me, the Melo is surely worth $9, I think it's that good of a tank - no doubt
plenty good reason to AT LEAST have in the 'DOOM' box for back up...

:smokie:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If you want lots of coil options, the Super tank mini is perfect for a Pico. It will take any Atlantis/Triton style coil, so anything from a 0.3 ohm SS notch coil to a Triton 1.8 ohm mtl coil. Wonderful to throw in my pocket. I got this first Pico in the grey, which I didn't like, so I put a black snakeskin textured wrap on it. I have a SS and a black finish sitting in their original boxes for my stash.
Pico Super tank.jpg

Nice, simple, small. hard to ask for more.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
If you want lots of coil options, the Super tank mini is perfect for a Pico. It will take any Atlantis/Triton style coil, so anything from a 0.3 ohm SS notch coil to a Triton 1.8 ohm mtl coil. Wonderful to throw in my pocket. I got this first Pico in the grey, which I didn't like, so I put a black snakeskin textured wrap on it. I have a SS and a black finish sitting in their original boxes for my stash.
View attachment 634619
Nice, simple, small. hard to ask for more.
Where did you get the snake skin wrap?

Reactions: Eskie

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Jwraps. I think it was black rain. They have other textured skins as well.
Thanks for the feedback. I carry a Pico almost all the time and it's always in a silicone sleeve, less likely too roll upside down in a pocket and much easier to hang on to. I'm thinking a grippy skin like the one on your pico might improve grip similar to silicone but put a bit less bulk on the mod. Is it better for grip or just for style?

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thanks for the feedback. I carry a Pico almost all the time and it's always in a silicone sleeve, less likely too roll upside down in a pocket and much easier to hang on to. I'm thinking a grippy skin like the one on your pico might improve grip similar to silicone but put a bit less bulk on the mod. Is it better for grip or just for style?

Both. I didn't love the grey color so I wanted to do something about that. After putting it on I found it helped the feel in my hand, especially as I have large(er) hands for a small mod to feel comfortable. It offers a little protection as the metal is covered, although as it's covered up that doesn't really matter. It doesn't offer the kind of mod protection a silicone sleeve would against bumps and drops, but it's also not at all bulky so I still have the advantage of small in my pocket.

Reactions: TrollDragon

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Okay, since someone mentioned there is no clock chip in the pico, I still wanted to see if I could get real time as close as possible, (with the arctic fox software installed). Over days of logging the rtc 'speed' numbers, I came to the conclusion that 33050 (give or take 1 point-up or down) is the closest we're going to get. Within 12 hours of use, you may gain or lose a minute. This is great for me because I only need it at work. :)
Can't remember who asked, but someone needed to know how to display the clock...
2 ways: press 'fire' 3 times, then scroll through with the + to get to the 'military' clock. If you want it displayed on the main screen, press 'fire' & '+' and scroll to 'screen', then to 'clock', turn on the 'main on' screen.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm not in to bling with my vape but this looked good to my eye so thought I'd share. I decided a year ago that the stockpile would focus on the SV rda clone, the only atomizer I use, and the Pico which I use the overwhelming majority of the time. Then I got interested in stealth and got in an all black pico and found a source for black SV's and put them together just now. I've been using the derringer style machined resin drip tips all along because it's easy to drip through. When I'm out and about there is always a silicone sleeve on the mod and a tall slip ring on the rda. The combination pretty much eliminates leaking in my pocket. If I knew what coating to use I'd black out the bottom edge of the SV deck.
2017-02-18 16.02.23.jpg

20170218_160435.jpg

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
looking good !

if it were me, I'd "NOTCH" that slip ring some, so it would slide a little more level (OCD working here) :ohmy:
that silicone seems very resilient...

nevermind, I see the air hole is at the top...

black sharpie hides the ink , for a short time :)
Just now I realized a Sharpie might do it, for now. I work in a custom build shop where we machine and weld, paint and fabricate. Somebody there will know what paint or coating is on this rda. I've been using that slip ring for over a year. The single air hole is in the side of the barrel and drilled in at a down angle so even though the air enters about level with the coil the air stream is pulled down under the coil. The slip ring is taller than most which makes it tighter so it doesn't slip off in my pocket. It's turned inside out to hide the ghastly printing and make it tighter. I can push it up or down with the hand holding the mod. Ghetto but it works, no leaking.

20170218_170847.jpg

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Oooooooooooooooooooooo I see

thought you were trying to BLOCK the hole (leak)

but I looked at one on FT...
The slip ring is pulled up for pocket carry and pushed down on one side too expose the aiir supply for vaping. if the air hole stops opposite the battery door i make a shim to stop it in another spot so the slip ring can be pulled down. I can also vary how i build on the deck so that the air hole is facing away from the battery door.

(I have searched and continue to search for another rda that is good at flavors, built for MTL and single coils AND where I can control leaking so effectively. i'm still searching. If you like this rda better not wait too long. The online stores seem to be closing them out. The fan boys aren't interested. I got the black one here. Science of Vaping SOD 5K RDA Clone - Dual Top Cap (Buy 1 Get 1 Free) - VapoRider Buy one get one free so I got 4 black for $24 including shipping. I have 8 more brushed stainless in the stockpile. If the feds cut me off this is the only atomizer I use so why not have a few.)

Last edited:

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Just now I realized a Sharpie might do it, for now. I work in a custom build shop where we machine and weld, paint and fabricate. Somebody there will know what paint or coating is on this rda. I've been using that slip ring for over a year. The single air hole is in the side of the barrel and drilled in at a down angle so even though the air enters about level with the coil the air stream is pulled down under the coil. The slip ring is taller than most which makes it tighter so it doesn't slip off in my pocket. It's turned inside out to hide the ghastly printing and make it tighter. I can push it up or down with the hand holding the mod. Ghetto but it works, no leaking.

View attachment 636405
Great looking setup.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Oooooooooooooooooooooo I see
thought you were trying to BLOCK the hole (leak)
but I looked at one on FT...

The slip ring is pulled up for pocket carry and pushed down on one side too expose the aiir supply for vaping. if the air hole stops opposite the battery door i make a shim to stop it in another spot so the slip ring can be pulled down. I can also vary how i build on the deck so that the air hole is facing away from the battery door.

(I have searched and continue to search for another rda that is good at flavors, built for MTL and single coils AND where I can control leaking so effectively. i'm still searching. If you like this rda better not wait too long. The online stores seem to be closing them out. The fan boys aren't interested. I got the black one here. Science of Vaping SOD 5K RDA Clone - Dual Top Cap (Buy 1 Get 1 Free) - VapoRider Buy one get one free so I got 4 black for $24 including shipping. I have 8 more brushed stainless in the stockpile. If the feds cut me off this is the only atomizer I use so why not have a few.)

:laugh: lol , I got cut off in mid type and had to run

was gonna say I looked at an SV on FT and they have black AND silver models
the black had ALL BLACK including that ring around the base...

upload_2017-2-18_23-42-10.png

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
:laugh: lol , I got cut off in mid type and had to run

was gonna say I looked at an SV on FT and they have black AND silver models
the black had ALL BLACK including that ring around the base...

View attachment 636453
The SV on FT is discontinued. I found that's true on a number of sites. Many products are disappearig in the last 2 years. That's no surprise when so many new products come out that seem to do the same things and because vaping is trendy. I've been slowly stockpiling the SV (10) since that's the only atomizer I use.

The Pico is the primary mod in my stockpile. Now I wish there were more black ones. They too are reletively inexpensive so may be, as 8/18 approaches there will be a couple more.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
is the pico still the smallest 18650 TC mod still?

PICO...23.2mm x 45.2mm x 70.6mm...74,034mm³

Macro...22mm x 35mm x 74mm...56,980mm³

The S-Body Macro is smaller, lighter and (for me) has superior "hand comfort" vs. the PICO.

Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread