Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Anyone experience this with their iStick Power Nano:

TWO SECOND FIRING DELAY?

I bought two of these. They both act the same. I've tested this with various tanks, wires, etc. From button press to any sizzle or vapor, I get a 1.5-2 full second delay.
I've only experienced this in temp control mode, and only if the mod sits for more than about a minute. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any real workaround. If the device doesn't fire from the getgo, I just let go of the trigger and fire again... it fires immediately and reduces that delay. It's not optimal, but I'll put up with it for the purpose I bought this mod for... it's a pretty good, durable knockabout mod, particularly the one in the stainless finish.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I've only experienced this in temp control mode, and only if the mod sits for more than about a minute. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any real workaround. If the device doesn't fire from the getgo, I just let go of the trigger and fire again... it fires immediately and reduces that delay. It's not optimal, but I'll put up with it for the purpose I bought this mod for... it's a pretty good, durable knockabout mod, particularly the one in the stainless finish.

Thanks, I'm glad to know its not just the two I bought. They do it even when "awake", and in TC mode. Using SS in Power/watt mode there is little delay. I don't remember if these models can be upgraded via firmware, that would be the only way to fix the TC delay.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Not seeing the delayed firing issue on the Internet, not even mentioned in video reviews. I bought two of these iStick Power Nano's, and paid $70 for both, but it looks like these will get dropped from the lineup. I have two other brand mini/nano sized with built in batteries. The Target Mini, and the EVic Basic. The both fire the same coils instantly! In a Busardo video reviewing these kinds of "tiny" mods, the Target had the smoothest electrical signals in the oscilloscope tests. He did not have the Power Nano to test, but normally someone always points out short firing delays.

In this case, pressing the power button, then waiting to take your drag, it's a LONG, FULL, 2 seconds, before the heating wire is turned on. That's totally unacceptable, and unlike any mod I own or have ever seen. Perhaps it could be fixed in firmware, not sure this has that ability, but it won't get fixed if no one brings it up and complains.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Right. When I posted my video review, I didn't notice the delay, as I primarily use the device in wattage mode. I also have the habit of pressing the firing button before bringing the atty to my mouth... just something I started doing a while ago. Because of that I didn't notice the delay.

I only noticed it after I swapped to temp regulation and ONLY if the device has sat idle for a minute or more. After the initial fire, it works fine, every time while I'm in a vaping session. Like I said, to bypass that, I pres the button and if it doesn't fire right off, I let go and press again... then it works fine, immediately.

Too bad the device isn't firmware upgradable... that's fix the issue. I'm with you, though... the Evic Basic is a more solid device, but my brushed finish iStick Power Nano is my at work mod that gets beat up in my pockets.

I'll give it a quick mention in my next review and put it out there in YouTube land.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Sorry to hear that... I've only got the one mod to base my personal experiences off of, but others seem to (like you) be having more issues with this delay than I am. That's really too bad... Eleaf should have made this particular mod firmware upgradable. I'm not sure why any manufacturers, particluarly major ones like Eleaf, Joyetech, Kanger, and the like are releasing any mods that are NOT upgradable. Easy to address issues like this one could be fixed in a hurry.

As it is, I did post a review of a comparable Joyetech product, the Evic Basic. It's firmware upgradable, fires up to 60 watts (with the latest upgrade), and houses a 1500mah battery. It might be a better solution for that ultra stealth mod. Check out the review here:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Sorry to hear that... I've only got the one mod to base my personal experiences off of, but others seem to (like you) be having more issues with this delay than I am. That's really too bad... Eleaf should have made this particular mod firmware upgradable. I'm not sure why any manufacturers, particluarly major ones like Eleaf, Joyetech, Kanger, and the like are releasing any mods that are NOT upgradable. Easy to address issues like this one could be fixed in a hurry.

As it is, I did post a review of a comparable Joyetech product, the Evic Basic. It's firmware upgradable, fires up to 60 watts (with the latest upgrade), and houses a 1500mah battery. It might be a better solution for that ultra stealth mod. Check out the review here:

They are nice, I bought three of them before I bought the two Power Nano's. I'm a sucker for the tiny boxes. The only thing I like better on the Nano, is it's rounded edges, but the firing delay makes me not use them anymore.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Watched your video, thanks for informing me of the new firmware update. They have a press release page that mentions the 60 watt upgrade, but it's odd it's not mentioned on the actual firmware download page, there the preheat feature is mentioned.

As far as space between the tanks and top of mod, I use "mod savers" on all my mods, even ones were they seat flush, this protects the finish, and works on all my different brand mods, NO connection issues on any of them. Some folks make their own, I don't have the time, and these are one of the cheapest vape accessories one will ever buy. Also good if you have a mod-Atty combo with a gap large enough to cause WOBBLE! That's the main reason you don't want a GAP, over time not good for the 510's on both mod or atty. And of course the "looks"!

I HAVE ONE OF THESE ON EVERY MOD I OWN:

KP Mod Guard - 5 Pack

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Watched your video, thanks for informing me of the new firmware update. They have a press release page that mentions the 60 watt upgrade, but it's odd it's not mentioned on the actual firmware download page, there the preheat feature is mentioned.

As far as space between the tanks and top of mod, I use "mod savers" on all my mods, even ones were they seat flush, this protects the finish, and works on all my different brand mods, NO connection issues on any of them. Some folks make their own, I don't have the time, and these are one of the cheapest vape accessories one will ever buy. Also good if you have a mod-Atty combo with a gap large enough to cause WOBBLE! That's the main reason you don't want a GAP, over time not good for the 510's on both mod or atty. And of course the "looks"!

I HAVE ONE OF THESE ON EVERY MOD I OWN:

KP Mod Guard - 5 Pack
Sweet. Thanks for the link... definitely going to grab some of these!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread