Eleaf Istick

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
It seems that the floating 510 used in the 30W and 50W models is allowing leaked juice to enter the case and cause havoc. eleaf was pretty quick to address the shortfalls of the 20W model and I have confidence they will do the same with the current issues. I have 3 20Ws and 3 30Ws but don't plan on buying any more until they do. I just love the form factor too much to but a different mod.

The 3 items on my wishlist are:
  1. SEALED floating 510.
  2. USB that doesn't break off inside the mod.
  3. User replaceable battery.
Well that wishlist sounds a lot like an IPV Mini... :D

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yes, and no. The IPV Mini is noticeably larger and heavier than the 'Stick.

But only slightly related to the conversation, I got a silly cone sleeve for the IPV Mini. It fits, it works well, but it has the strangest opening ever! You have to sort of pull it apart to get the device inside. I'm not sure I'm loving it yet. But it's quite nice looking.

One moment...... I'll go grab a shot.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
20150430_195302.jpg
20150430_195449.jpg

20150430_195118.jpg

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
Well this officially confirms my opinion about buying another Istick, although, I'm struggling with the Heatvape Invader Mini I just purchased today, so I'm not sure exactly, what I'm going to do

After 5 Isticks I went the Cloupor mini route. I really love them and now have 3 Mini's. The mini's are very reasonable priced at GB and FT but you must buy 18650 battery's and a good charger. You can charge in mini but recommend just swap out battery's .

AH1968

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2014
Brownsburg,IN. USA
After 5 Isticks I went the Cloupor mini route. I really love them and now have 3 Mini's. The mini's are very reasonable priced at GB and FT but you must buy 18650 battery's and a good charger. You can charge in mini but recommend just swap out battery's .
I picked up a Heatvape Invader Mini yesterday, and so far I'm happy with it, but my GF has expressed an interest now, so I'll definitely check out the Cloupor Mini

Thanks!

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Just wanted to share this. The vaping industry is not alone in dealing with this issue. At least Apple caught the problems before shipping product...

Apple Watch orders delayed by faulty Chinese components | ExtremeTech

Bingeux!

Now, I apologize in advance if this is going to have a bigoted tone to it, but like the old sayin' goes, I gots to calls 'em likes I sees 'em.
And, I have LOTS of back up to what I'm going to say.
The Chinese are profit driven To A Fault. They will KILL babies and pets if they can make a few more dollars that way. I personally know intimately of two muli-million dollar ventures in China that were Abandoned because the U.S. principle got sick and tired of BATTLING their supposed Chinese "partners" doing all they could to rip off them off. In one of these cases, I believe Intersil basically left the Chinese a nearly finished silicon wafer production facility Building because they'd just had enough of the Chinese shenanigans. (Which I could argue was EXACTLY the Chinese desire from the beginning.)

Go Google the Mattel Chinese paint fiasco.

Now, I have no idea who Really owns the Istick and other quality challenged ecig companies.

The Worst scenario I could image is if the company is Chinese owned and located. Katie bar the damn door. God only knows what you'll get for quality. (Right Apple?) The words Run Fin Amok come to mind.

If it's a Foreign owned company, Located in China, you'd better have QC/QA people Resident In Country to Make Sure they keep one eye on the Chinese and one foot on their necks to make sure they Do What They've Agreed To Do.

There is One Thing WE can do that Might help. All you people throwing away your original IStick boxes and paperwork (goes for the other companies too) STOP THAT! Save the stuff so you can file a valid warranty claim when it goes toasty on you. If WE the vapers send all the crappy stuff back to our *U.S. based merchants And Lean On Them*, let them know that selling garbage won't work no matter how cheap or how good the profit margin is, that's probably the most likely quickest fix.

The Chinese will continue to produce garbage until it is not financially to THEIR advantage to do so.

And yes, that's not a bad argument for U.S. MADE vape equipment.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Bingeux!

Now, I apologize in advance if this is going to have a bigoted tone to it, but like the old sayin' goes, I gots to calls 'em likes I sees 'em.
And, I have LOTS of back up to what I'm going to say.
The Chinese are profit driven To A Fault. They will KILL babies and pets if they can make a few more dollars that way. I personally know intimately of two muli-million dollar ventures in China that were Abandoned because the U.S. principle got sick and tired of BATTLING their supposed Chinese "partners" doing all they could to rip off them off. In one of these cases, I believe Intersil basically left the Chinese a nearly finished silicon wafer production facility Building because they'd just had enough of the Chinese shenanigans. (Which I could argue was EXACTLY the Chinese desire from the beginning.)

Go Google the Mattel Chinese paint fiasco.

Now, I have no idea who Really owns the Istick and other quality challenged ecig companies.

The Worst scenario I could image is if the company is Chinese owned and located. Katie bar the damn door. God only knows what you'll get for quality. (Right Apple?) The words Run Fin Amok come to mind.

If it's a Foreign owned company, Located in China, you'd better have QC/QA people Resident In Country to Make Sure they keep one eye on the Chinese and one foot on their necks to make sure they Do What They've Agreed To Do.

There is One Thing WE can do that Might help. All you people throwing away your original IStick boxes and paperwork (goes for the other companies too) STOP THAT! Save the stuff so you can file a valid warranty claim when it goes toasty on you. If WE the vapers send all the crappy stuff back to our *U.S. based merchants And Lean On Them*, let them know that selling garbage won't work no matter how cheap or how good the profit margin is, that's probably the most likely quickest fix.

The Chinese will continue to produce garbage until it is not financially to THEIR advantage to do so.

And yes, that's not a bad argument for U.S. MADE vape equipment.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I have two personal experiences that reinforce your sentiments exactly.

If you go back much earlier in this thread, you'll find I am no real fan of Chinese manufacturing. They can and do build quality products. Apple has proven that. The SX Mini also proves that. But we pay for those devices. Until Evolve and their partners can get their acts together, we're forced to look elsewhere. While quality can be found manufactured here in the States, I see no real innovation from ProVape, Hana Modz, VaporShark, etc. Even good companies like House of Hybrids (Zen Mods) rely on electronics from others.

There are much larger discussions that need to take place on this subject. But suffice it to say, until the USA gets its economics in order, we will fall further into the rabbit hole.

Good luck!

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I've had zero issues on two Heatvape Defenders..... and they feel better in my hand that all the others.

Anyone know of a site with a "good price" for the Heatvape Defender?

I love how it feels, but I'm just struggling with getting it to work with my tanks

Which tanks...and what kind of problems?

Reactions: LynnNC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread