Eleaf Istick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off cigs

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Well, if you already had to get inside to break the connection, it would probably take 10 more minutes to solder in a micro-switch
the break the circuit and drill a hole for it. Rat Shack should still have the switches.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
My plan is, when the battery dies, make the battery replaceable. Then if it needs a hard reset, I'll just remove the battery. Don't expect to need to do hard resets often.

AH1968

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2014
Brownsburg,IN. USA
Well, I returned my Heatvape Invader Mini, and picked up a istick 30W, added the 510 adapter, and a beauty ring/collar from a Protank, and I'm back in Happy vape land lol it's slightly taller with the adapter, but knowing the 510 threads on the device are being preserved, makes it very worth it imo

Thank you everyone for your input and patience with me while I struggled with the Invader

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Thanks to all for the comments and opinions on the Cloupor mini vs iStick 30W. I watched Phil's review and measurements again, I must have missed the 3.6V the first time. Love the form factor, but not for me.

So I decided on a Sigelei mini and KBox, both in black to use with my 25r's.

In Canada we are limited with online sites that take a credit card, most want interact transfer. And the ones that do take CC usually have an outrageous markup.

So the wait from FT and GB is in the works. :)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Istick 30W, added the 510 adapter, and a beauty ring/collar from a Protank, and I'm back in Happy Vape land lol it's slightly taller with the adapter, but knowing the 510 threads on the device are being preserved, makes it very worth it imo

I always use a 510 adapter on my 20W-iSticks to protect their "soft metal" threads.

But since my 30W-iSticks have stainless steel 510 threads...I forgo using an adapter on them.

AH1968

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2014
Brownsburg,IN. USA
I always use a 510 adapter on my 20W-iSticks to protect their "soft metal" threads.

But since my 30W-iSticks have stainless steel 510 threads...I forgo using an adapter on them.

I didn't think that the 30W top piece, was made of any different material than the 20W, as a matter of fact, the 30W actually came with an adapter.

Reactions: LynnNC

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
I didn't think that the 30W top piece, was made of any different material than the 20W, as a matter of fact, the 30W actually came with an adapter.

The iStick "kits" include 510-EGO adapters, allowing the use of atomizers like the EVOD. Besides electrically retuning the output from mean to RMS, the biggest change from the 20W to the 30W was the 510 connection. The 30W received a spring-loaded pin and stainless threads. A widened deck surrounding the 510 also made many vapers happy. There should be no reason to "protect" the iStick 30W's 510 threading. The stainless steel should outlive the rest of the mod.

Good luck!

ETA: While the 30W's top cap is made of the same material as the 20W's, the 510 threading is actually a stainless steel insert into the top cap.

RichJr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boston Ma.
The iStick "kits" include 510-EGO adapters, allowing the use of atomizers like the EVOD. Besides electrically retuning the output from mean to RMS, the biggest change from the 20W to the 30W was the 510 connection. The 30W received a spring-loaded pin and stainless threads. A widened deck surrounding the 510 also made many vapers happy. There should be no reason to "protect" the iStick 30W's 510 threading. The stainless steel should outlive the rest of the mod.

Good luck!

ETA: While the 30W's top cap is made of the same material as the 20W's, the 510 threading is actually a stainless steel insert into the top cap.

Your absolutely right. I only need to use the spring adapter for the old 20 watt version. Other than that I have loads of other devices and only stripped the threads once (noob mistake 4 years ago).

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
This thread seems to be slowing down a bit. I guess the 50W owners took their problems to another thread. I'm not complainging, mind you. We had enough traffic & problems with the 20watter. I guess people are having few if any real problems with the 30watters. Hmmm Interesting that the 30 & 50 fairing so differently.

Last edited:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
We have six 30 watters in the house - not a single problem with any of them. Thanks to all your tips here, we haven't had trouble with any of the 20s YET, either. Crossing fingers! Appreciate all the info.
Same here (with my 20's). I'm getting my moneys worth, that's for sure! :)

Have a nice night everyone! :)

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Sorry if this is a re-post, but has anyone heard of the 20w mini yet?

iSmoka Eleaf Mini iStick 20 Watts Ultra Mini Mod
Niiiiiiiice!!! This is what I've been waiting for and wasn't sure it could be done with this small of a device.
Even MORE pocket room! :thumbs: Thanks for the heads up Neat!
vape (chair).gif

Just when I thought I was safe. I was going to slow down with buying for a couple of months. :blink::)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Sorry if this is a re-post, but has anyone heard of the 20w mini yet?

iSmoka Eleaf Mini iStick 20 Watts Ultra Mini Mod
Nice!

But...
Features a native 510 connection
Would it really cost that much extra in manufacturing considering the quanitity of runs they do. To put SS threads and a spring loaded pin on all their devices? Add $5 on the end for that and WeeLeaf would rule the APV market!

Once they got the 50W problems sorted and made sure the 100W works perfectly... :lol:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Nice!

But...

Would it really cost that much extra in manufacturing considering the quanitity of runs they do. To put SS threads and a spring loaded pin on all their devices? Add $5 on the end for that and WeeLeaf would rule the APV market!

Once they got the 50W problems sorted and made sure the 100W works perfectly... :lol:
How are we doing Troll? :) Nice to see you. I have the day off. :banana:
Even though I'll probably pick one up for myself, I don't know what they're waiting for. :facepalm:

ETA: I have no clue how those asterisks showed up. :unsure:

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Nice!
But...

My original Istick is still hanging in there, so I'm not too concerned about the 510. (I won't be using it that often anyway)

But I agree with you, and hopefully it's a little better than my original, which is just barely hanging on by a thread!...(see what I did there? :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread