Yeah, I try to accel at whatever I do! :lol:
56533647.jpg

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Nan, I have a app on my phone that is a great motivator! It show that as of today I have saved $2538.38 which breaks down as: would have spent $3588.07 on stinkies at same rate had I continued with them. Minus $1049.69 spent in the last year on vape gear and juices. Alot of which has been given to new recruits to our army. Leaving me with a still in pocket savings of $2500 and change. Looks like I have paid for Christmas already :)
That's cool, mud! I wish I had kept track of what I have spent on vaping, like you have, so I could see if I have actually saved anything (besides possibly saving my LIFE!).

I know I have over-bought on juice and I have gone through the steps of egos, crappy tanks, etc that we all do. Some of those have been PIF'd and some I am keeping for when/if the vape-apocalypse hits.
In my mind, I am saving TONS. Maybe I will just leave it that way ..... I am also young, rich, and skinny.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
In my mind, I am saving TONS. Maybe I will just leave it that way ..... I am also young, rich, and skinny.
Other than the rich thing, that perfectly describes me...around 1963. But now I vape with an iStick. That's got to account for something...? My musical tastes have matured, as well as some of my e-juices.

fsX97.gif

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
That's cool, mud! I wish I had kept track of what I have spent on vaping, like you have, so I could see if I have actually saved anything (besides possibly saving my LIFE!).

I know I have over-bought on juice and I have gone through the steps of egos, crappy tanks, etc that we all do. Some of those have been PIF'd and some I am keeping for when/if the vape-apocalypse hits.
Everybody here is young, rich and skinny...just ask them!
GF is the admitted exception...

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Other than the rich thing, that perfectly describes me...around 1963. But now I vape with an iStick. That's got to account for something...? My musical tastes have matured, as well as some of my e-juices.

fsX97.gif

:lol:

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Or in some cases (such as mine) 4.2 days. Not good! And at $45 a carton I personally could throw away a iStick every 30 days and still be way ahead! :) Even though I can still use the very first 20 bought many many moons ago!

While I like my 20W and love my 30W, I'm concerned about the future. After all the regulation/legislation finally lands, no one can foresee how available these things will be or what they will cost us. I'm beginning to look at my vape budget differently, investing in devices that will last me a long time, while giving me some room to grow depending on new atomizing technology that is released.

Currently, none of my devices are over 30W. I never fire them above 25W and my RDAs only see that much power. Right NOW, I'm generally vaping in the 10-18W range on my old-school tank attys (clearos & RTAs). While I also DIY, we don't know the future of e-liquid either. I'm trying to concentrate on a couple of new atomizers that I see working for me now and years from now. A couple of 40-60W devices (at least one with Temperature Limiting) would give me a lot of headroom, especially if an amazing atomizer lands next year but requires 31.4159265359V to hit its sweet spot.

Another thing about keeping an eye on legislation and the future is, depending on how hard things fall on us, we may see companies that are expert in power regulation (among many other things) hop on the bandwagon and join the market. Can anyone NOT see companies like Murata, G.E. or Texas Instruments blowing Evolv and Yihi's efforts out of the water at half the cost? Vaping is already a multibillion-dollar industry that has the potential to grow exponentially. Just my :2c:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Everybody here is young, rich and skinny...just ask them!
GF is the admitted exception...
Murkin cepshunullism, dontcha know!
That reminds me very little of the time I was down east, and found a movie of some of Andrea's buddies from the ft
help desk.

j2WzI6z.gif

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
That reminds me very little of the time I was down east, and found a movie of some of Andrea's buddies from the ft
help desk.

j2WzI6z.gif
LOL! That is HILARIOUS!
I was just thinkin' about Andrea. I should shoot her an email and surprise her. She probably misses me. I just know she's gonna do her best to get me that VW bus. We're besties, after all.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
While I like my 20W and love my 30W, I'm concerned about the future. After all the regulation/legislation finally lands, no one can foresee how available these things will be or what they will cost us. I'm beginning to look at my vape budget differently, investing in devices that will last me a long time, while giving me some room to grow depending on new atomizing technology that is released.

Currently, none of my devices are over 30W. I never fire them above 25W and my RDAs only see that much power. Right NOW, I'm generally vaping in the 10-18W range on my old-school tank attys (clearos & RTAs). While I also DIY, we don't know the future of e-liquid either. I'm trying to concentrate on a couple of new atomizers that I see working for me now and years from now. A couple of 40-60W devices (at least one with Temperature Limiting) would give me a lot of headroom, especially if an amazing atomizer lands next year but requires 31.4159265359V to hit its sweet spot.

Another thing about keeping an eye on legislation and the future is, depending on how hard things fall on us, we may see companies that are expert in power regulation (among many other things) hop on the bandwagon and join the market. Can anyone NOT see companies like Murata, G.E. or Texas Instruments blowing Evolv and Yihi's efforts out of the water at half the cost? Vaping is already a multibillion-dollar industry that has the potential to grow exponentially. Just my :2c:

Alden, we are being silly here today, and this is a great post that I don't want to lose. I think we all share these concerns and I hope that we will keep each other in the loop when new equipment/ideas come along. I know that my state, Michigan, is itching to get its hands in the pot on ANYTHING they can. I want to become as self reliant as possible. I like my isitcks, have a BUNCH of em, but sooner or later they are going to give out. I want to have something similar with replaceable batteries. Same for the GS Air's -- love them, gotta learn to rebuild them instead of being lazy because the coils are inexpensive -- reality checks are harsh!

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Alden, we are being silly here today, and this is a great post that I don't want to lose. I think we all share these concerns and I hope that we will keep each other in the loop when new equipment/ideas come along. I know that my state, Michigan, is itching to get its hands in the pot on ANYTHING they can. I want to become as self reliant as possible. I like my isitcks, have a BUNCH of em, but sooner or later they are going to give out. I want to have something similar with replaceable batteries. Same for the GS Air's -- love them, gotta learn to rebuild them instead of being lazy because the coils are inexpensive -- reality checks are harsh!
Too true! It's all about money. Thank God for ingenuity, if the restrictions start, I'm sure there will be "work arounds"!

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
I was just thinkin' about Andrea. I should shoot her an email and surprise her. She probably misses me. I just know she's gonna do her best to get me that VW bus. We're besties, after all.

Act 1, Scene 1, Andrea finishes reading the latest Nannygram.
Act 1, Scene 2, Andrea very carefully crafts a reply
Act 1, Scene 3, Exhausted and frustrated, Andrea goes to the FT break room, where she sits with
the company therapy cat. She gradually relaxes.

Act 2, Scene 1, The pager alarm informs Andrea (in Chinese, of course) that she has "Incoming from Nanny!"

1310645952_asian_girl_scare.gif

Last edited:

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
South Jawja, United States
help desk.

j2WzI6z.gif
Hell no, juice prices ain't that bad! :lol:

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Act 1, Scene 1, Andrea finishes reading the latest Nannygram.
Act 1, Scene 2, Andrea very carefully crafts a reply
Act 1, Scene 3, Exhausted and frustrated, Andrea goes to the FT break room, where she sits with
the company therapy cat. She gradually relaxes.

Act 2, Scene 1, The pager alarm informs Andrea (in Chinese, of course) that she has "Incoming from Nanny!"

1310645952_asian_girl_scare.gif

In reality, that was when my pic was posted in the "Mail-order Brides" board...

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
I figure if I got the trifecta, don't need looks! :)
Trifecta, n: Simultaneous grammar correction by LVM, cranial realignment by ferrous cooking implement by Tibs, and instance of BLS.
Yeah, who needs looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread