Not open for further replies.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
25% off right now ;)

Sorry Lynn, I didn't see this! Of course I will remind you of the Ahlusion sales - any time you want to check, just put a juice in your cart and then take a look at the discount. Minimum is usually about 30%, but there have been several 40% sales -- and the holiday weekend is here. YAY! More sales!

Unfortunately for me, this may be a holiday weekend but I don't get paid until next Friday, not tomorrow. :) but thanks for the heads up to the both of you!!

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Nanny...I agree with your implying that for "maximum enjoyment" at "minimal expense"...the "iStick/GS Air M" combination has got to be near the top of the list (of what's currently out there).

As for juice & coils costs...DIY and rebuilding are, of course, the way to go.

But for those of us too lazy (or stupid) for such shenanigans...it's hard to beat $1.90 for a GS Air coil or $4 for a Derall 30ml. bottle of juice!!!

Eleaf GS Air Coils

6 PACK SPECIALS - $24
Just placed an order on your recommendation. :)

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
I decided, what the heck, I may as well contact Fasttech and just see if we can work out this "tie dye/rainbow stripe" discrepancy. :facepalm:

Now a nice girl named "Andrea" writes to me EVERY night while I am sleeping, and I write back to her EVERY morning when I get up. We really are not getting anywhere, but I think we are going to be pen pals for a while. Apparently in Slow tech land there are no rainbows and they missed the 60s and don't know a THING about tie dyed hippies. I've sent her some pictures to try and bridge the language barrier. She tells me they don't sell T-shirts or VW busses at FastTech, I must order those from somewhere else. :facepalm:

We'll work this out by Christmas, I am just SURE of it. But I needed the covers for the BEACH. Maybe next year.
Well another morning has come and there is another email from Andrea. I so look forward to our "talks".
However, she has tired of me and changed her tone, altogether. From what I can tell, our friendship is over and she is letting me down easy.
Funniest thing she said is she "hopes I understand"!!
It's so out of character for her - I think I will give her another chance and write to her again. Maybe more pictures will help.
Wonder if she can "face time"?

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Well another morning has come and there is another email from Andrea. I so look forward to our "talks".
However, she has tired of me and changed her tone, altogether. From what I can tell, our friendship is over and she is letting me down easy.
Funniest thing she said is she "hopes I understand"!!
It's so out of character for her - I think I will give her another chance and write to her again. Maybe more pictures will help.
Wonder if she can "face time"?

I somehow doubt Fasttech purchases iMacs to put in front of their CS personnel. So no facetime. But I'll bet you Andrea has Skype...

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
You're probably right, Alden. I really thought we were going to come to a meeting of the minds, eventually. Even with the language barrier. I was getting so accustomed to her daily emails. Sweet kid. Frankly, she had me at hello. And then this email today:

I have received your picture.

For this item SKU 2181601 you received, as I checked with our warehouse stock, all colors about it are the same as the one you received, so that we did not sent wrong item to you.

The colors about it shows on our website is a slightly different from you received because of our supplier offered us a different batch about it, for colors about this item, it is depends on our supplier,they offer it to us randomly.

Hope you can understand.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Understand??? Oh, it's clear as mud. I'm all about it.
The tie dye dream is dead.
_MG_9499.jpg

Last edited:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
It is alive and well!
Just not in China. I think you just scared her with the 90's hoodlum. :lol:
Here's a nice one Nanny! I might even consider this one for myself, if I had a 30. Psychedelic Cell Phone Skin for Eleaf iStick 30W:) I never heard of the company so I'm not sure of the quality.
I think the jwrap is only around 10 dollars also and I know their quality is good. I have a couple.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
You're probably right, Alden. I really thought we were going to come to a meeting of the minds, eventually. Even with the language barrier. I was getting so accustomed to her daily emails. Sweet kid. Frankly, she had me at hello.
Understand??? Oh, it's clear as mud. I'm all about it.
The tie dye dream is dead.

Stay calm, Nanny and vape on! ;)

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have a question for 30w Istick owners - how long do they seem to be lasting? 3 mos? 6 mos? more? There's so many reports of 50w's dying prematurely and I'd like to know these are lasting. Thx.

Hi Aikenae! I don't think they've even been on the market for 6 months, have they? The first 20s were introduced last fall. Anyway, FWIW, I've had my iStick 30 for a couple of months (I think), and it's been working flawlessly. No problems with my iStick 20 either (except for its inaccurate readings).

The 50s have all kinds of problems, however--I think they rushed them to the market without proper testing. 50 Watts and 4400 mAh capacity compared to other iSticks' 20 and 30 watts and 2200mAh? Innokin's MVP 3 goes up to 30 watts only and has a 3800 mAh battery--and is twice the size of the iStick 50.

If you're looking for a more reliable battery, perhaps the Innokin Cool Fire 4 or even Heatvape Defender 36W would be better choices.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Hi Aikenae! I don't think they've even been on the market for 6 months, have they? The first 20s were introduced last fall. Anyway, FWIW, I've had my iStick 30 for a couple of months (I think), and it's been working flawlessly. No problems with my iStick 20 either (except for its inaccurate readings).

The 50s have all kinds of problems, however--I think they rushed them to the market without proper testing. 50 Watts and 4400 mAh capacity compared to other iSticks' 20 and 30 watts and 2200mAh? Innokin's MVP 3 goes up to 30 watts only and has a 3800 mAh battery--and is twice the size of the iStick 50.

If you're looking for a more reliable battery, perhaps the Innokin Cool Fire 4 or even Heatvape Defender 36W would be better choices.

Thx. My ideal would be a replaceable battery but those are having issues too or they are high wattage only and don't really step down much below 20w when metered. Cool Fires and Subox's are another 2-3 weeks away. I guess it's possible to wait ... (you know how that goes).

Actually I'm afraid it'll be more of the same. I'm getting kinda testy about the rash of crappy mods and to get quality is > $150 but for that I want a lifetime warrenty = I wish Provape made a little box mod.

The istick 30w do step down, sub ohm and are reasonably priced. I think I got my 20w in Jan (apx 6 mos) and it's still working, but it's been in rotation. But that's still a good sign.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thx. My ideal would be a replaceable battery but those are having issues too or they are high wattage only and don't really step down much below 20w when metered. Cool Fires and Subox's are another 2-3 weeks away. I guess it's possible to wait ... (you know how that goes).

I do... I just ordered a Heatvape Defender (slow boat from China) and decided to wait for Mitch before I buy any more vaping gear. God knows I have enough stuff to last me a long time. I even bought four RTAs (Kayfun 4, Erlkonigin nano, Lemo Drop and Taifun--all clones of course, in anticipation of the FDA ruling :facepalm:)... What else can we do?

Actually I'm afraid it'll be more of the same. I'm getting kinda testy about the rash of crappy mods and to get quality is > $150 but for that I want a lifetime warrenty = I wish Provape made a little box mod.

ProVape completely missed the boat with the P3, if you ask me. I have a ProVari 2.5 mini but I haven't used it in months--I just don't like tube mods any more. I even considered selling it, but I think I have to have at least two mods with replaceable batteries--my other one is the Sigelei Zmax mini; haven't used it is months...

The istick 30w do step down, sub ohm and are reasonably priced. I think I got my 20w in Jan (apx 6 mos) and it's still working, but it's been in rotation. But that's still a good sign.

I like my iStick 30. It's also in rotation. Oy....

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I do... I just ordered a Heatvape Defender (slow boat from China) and decided to wait for Mitch before I buy any more vaping gear. God knows I have enough stuff to last me a long time. I even bought four RTAs (Kayfun 4, Erlkonigin nano, Lemo Drop and Taifun--all clones of course, in anticipation of the FDA ruling :facepalm:)... What else can we do?

ProVape completely missed the boat with the P3, if you ask me. I have a ProVari 2.5 mini but I haven't used it in months--I just don't like tube mods any more. I even considered selling it, but I think I have to have at least two mods with replaceable batteries--my other one is the Sigelei Zmax mini; haven't used it is months...

I like my iStick 30. It's also in rotation. Oy....

Agree on Provape. Miss them. My Zmax's are my daily drivers once I learned about stacking batteries they'll push 28watts. Dependable and last all day. I still haven't made the jump to RTA's. Closest is Subtank. I should brace myself better for FDA as well.

"oh looky. shiney ..."
I have the attention span of a gnat.
I spend more on drip tips than mods.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Anybody have any thoughts on the Idea 30W?

It appears to be a 30W-iStick body/electronics with a 20W-iStick top plate.

And we're only talking $22.70 w FREE shipping. :shock:

search Result:idea 30W in focalecig

[FC only shows "510 thread connection". But a Reviewer says it is a "spring loaded with gold plated center pin".]

Waidea Idea 60W Review | Vaping Cheap

They're probably better options than most simple "clones" out there. Heck, the Idea 60W may be better then the authentic iStick 50W! For that money, it's probably worth the shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread