Status
Not open for further replies.

SixBitSamurai

Dec 12, 2016
Greenfield, ma
So I'm using the pico mega and the melo 3
I got an aspire ni200 0.15ohm coil
Using it a 49.0w and 490 degrees and the flavor is really great

Now I've noticed that the flavor on the e juice really depends on watts and temp I've used 3 different flavors be same company and all 3 need different watts and temp for best flavor it took me a while to find the right setting for the but I got a not book and I write down the stats for each juice with each type of coil so its easier to get going when I change juices or coil type

Last edited:
Reactions: aikanae1

mgseed

Dec 18, 2009
CO
I don't know what to make of my melo iii but I am not a happy camper. The coils it came with (bought it as a kit with the pico 75) seemed ok, although they lacked flavor, but the replacement .5 coils I bought all burn/fry within a day. I do chain vape (usually at 40-50w) and use high vg juice...but so what. By comparison, my cleito tastes great and never burns...and gives me loads of clouds at lower wattage when compared to the melo iii.

I will try a different brand of coils before giving up on melo iii.

LemonVapeFreak

Feb 26, 2017
I don't know what to make of my melo iii but I am not a happy camper. The coils it came with (bought it as a kit with the pico 75) seemed ok, although they lacked flavor, but the replacement .5 coils I bought all burn/fry within a day. I do chain vape (usually at 40-50w) and use high vg juice...but so what. By comparison, my cleito tastes great and never burns...and gives me loads of clouds at lower wattage when compared to the melo iii.

I will try a different brand of coils before giving up on melo iii.
What did you come up with regarding the melo mini?

LemonVapeFreak

Feb 26, 2017
Got a Melo 3 5 days ago and I'm very much done with it. I went through 4 tank refills (4ml) and half of the hits were awful throat burning gag inducing dry hits.

I usually vape at 45w, and some guy told me that I should keep it around 27w (.5 ohm coil). The coil itself reads 30-70w.

Going back to Cleito.
Because of the post I originally replied to I ended up getting a Cleito and there is seriously no comparison, I also have the melo 3 and 2 baby beasts, one came with my Alien because I certainly wouldn't have bought another one. The Cleito blows them both away, not just for flavor but the overall design of it..easier to fill, the wicking holes are huge and the coils last twice as long. I got a stainless coil at a vape store, and it's lasted 2 weeks and counting using a dark 70vg coffee juice. I hate cleaning the Melo, filling it etc. And both BB leak. I use all of them daily for flavor reasons but Cleito is first choice. I keep hearing good things about Uwell Crown, too..but then again people love baby beast.

TicklingFancy

Verified Member
Mar 22, 2017
Nice idea on the thread, thanks.

Hmmmm, if I'm missing something, please let me know, but other than air flow, what could create a difference in taste when using the same coil in different tanks? I've had the Triton Clapton and the Triton Ni200 in the Melo III Mini and the coils taste no different to me than they do in a Triton or Atlantis so I'm seriously curious.

I'll throw out my thoughts on the tank but keep in mind it's just on the tank, not the Melo coils...

PROS
-Compact
-Looks great (to me)
-Threads feel great
-Loving the drip tip and went back to it after trying an alternative
-Hidden air intakes is the one thing I liked about the Cubis
-As easy to fill as the Cleito
-No leaking so far

CONS
-Only holds 2ml (trade off for being compact, may pick up a 4ml Melo III)
-Seems like you can't run on empty as much as you can with a Triton
-Both those together mean you refill often
-Seems to collect more juice than normal under the drip tip. Clean it up when refilling.

Also, I love the Cleito tank (size, coils, especially taste) but considering I close the air intake at least half way on it, and the Melo III feels perfect to me wide open, I assume many may find the Melo III not airy enough.

I'd love to see a a version of the Melo III Mini with the combined chimney/coil of a Cleito or Horizontech Cerakoat Tank. If that happened, it maybe could hold 3 to 3.5 ml of juice in it's compact package.

If I think of anything else, I'll edit the post if possible.
I have both the 2ml and 4ml and only use them for my very strong flavored juices. The melo III never leaks tho! For flavor, my favorites are my Herakles tanks.

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
The Pico w/ the Melo 3 mini was the kit I bought when I returned to try vaping again. It worked to get me off the cigs. I thought it was the greatest kit ever. I used the .3 coils at around 30-35 watts, I think. It's since been replaced by various RTA's. Still I have the Melo in my stash drawer along with quite a few coils I put back for it. There may come a time when I can't or don't want to build my own coils. Still liking the Pico itself though.

Reactions: Bonskibon

DarkOne

Apr 20, 2017
Greece
I had the Melo 3 mini about a year now and i never touch it since i've got it from a friend and today i was boring and looking something to build just to spend a little bit time and i saw the Melo which luckily i have the rba head for it.. I had a little bit of 28g Ni200 wire which i never used it and thinking "what the hell let's try both" i build a 3mm id coil with 8 wraps and it came out @ 0.09 ohm and i vape it at 45W/275C i used Muji cotton to wick it..
To be honest with you i didn't expect a great flavor from it but it surprised me a lot !
I'm vaping a diy ejuice which is Butterscotch with Dulce de Leche and a hint of Vanilla custard and i really love the flavor that i get from this.
As i said i wasn't using it so i can't compare the flavor with the stock coils but i'm sure that they are not better than the rba with a good build..
I suggesting someone who using this tank to build it as i did and tell me his thoughts about it i will definitely will using it from now for stealth vaping ;)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Just another data point...

I got the Melo III mini as part of my Pico Dual kit. The tank was basically a freebie--the best price I could find for the mod only was only $3.00 less than the full kit, so what the heck.

It's not bad. The .03 coil had a busted o-ring so I put the 0.5 coil in. I'd give it a B+ on both flavor and vapor. Not my best tank but not my worst. It seems to do well above 50 Watts down into the low 30's before performance drops. It's really no airy enough to push too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread