Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
You're confused. Or unwilling to understand that Tobacco Control has stripped away the last vestiges of your civil and individual rights. We no longer have any rights....
I'll admit that I've always just assumed that there had to at least be a rational justification for something, like no smoking indoors because of second hand smoke health risks. But for a citywide ban, even in open spaces, where people don't congregate. That's like banning plaid.

This all started before I could vote, so most of it I've not known to be any different. But things always at least made sense if you bought into their propaganda.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I'll admit that I've always just assumed that there had to at least be a rational justification for something, like no smoking indoors because of second hand smoke health risks. But for a citywide ban, even in open spaces, where people don't congregate. That's like banning plaid.

This all started before I could vote, so most of it I've not known to be any different. But things always at least made sense if you bought into their propaganda.
Well then perhaps tobacco control is out of control. Or perhaps the mearest whiff of a cigarette can be lethal. Something is killing those 40,000 people "known" to be dying of SHS each year. Or perhaps you no longer have any expectation of rights.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Well then perhaps tobacco control is out of control. Or perhaps the mearest whiff of a cigarette can be lethal. Something is killing those 40,000 people "known" to be dying of SHS each year. Or perhaps you no longer have any expectation of rights.
So, instead of blaming me for not expecting to have rights that were given away before I was old enough to vote, what can be done to fight this?

It's a bit like footloose, no dancing in this city!

Reactions: BuGlen

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
So, instead of blaming me for not expecting to have rights that were given away before I was old enough to vote, what can be done to fight this?

It's a bit like footloose, no dancing in this city!
I wasn't blaming you. Just pointing out the total destruction of our rights. Even to smoke in our own homes in the case of a common wall now. And it's not nearly over, it is accelerating.

Reactions: LaraC and DC2

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I wasn't blaming you. Just pointing out the total destruction of our rights. Even to smoke in our own homes in the case of a common wall now. And it's not nearly over, it is accelerating.
I agree, so what can we do about it, which is what I was asking before. I can't imagine that a citywide ban is not somehow illegal, though I'm not a lawyer, so perhaps it is.

And I don't mean revolt against the government, or vote out everyone and replace them. That might help, but is unlikely to happen, and definitely won't happen any time soon.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I agree, so what can we do about it, which is what I was asking before. I can't imagine that a citywide ban is not somehow illegal, though I'm not a lawyer, so perhaps it is.

And I don't mean revolt against the government, or vote out everyone and replace them. That might help, but is unlikely to happen, and definitely won't happen any time soon.
Other than armed revolt I'm out of ideas.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD

Oh yea one idea. Death. I'm glad I'm near the end of my life. Seriously. I feel sorry for my grandkids.. except they won't know any better. Ignorance is bliss but I grew up in the 70s so I can't hide behind ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread