Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Well well, check THIS out!! :)

The only thing that strikes me as a bit questionable or odd about this piece is this:

Thomas R. Kiklas
Director of Media
inLife LLC
Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx x xxx
Email: xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com

Inlife is an ecig reseller, and this gent's their Director of Media. That he's listed beside the other notables suggests that Inlife fed the good Dr. his facts. It's obviously slanted toward the PV.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Inlife is an ecig reseller, and this gent's their Director of Media. That he's listed beside the other notables suggests that Inlife fed the good Dr. his facts. It's obviously slanted toward the PV.
I don't see any ecig stuff on www dot inlife dot com. Got a link showing the PVs?

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
I don't see any eCig stuff on www dot inlife dot com. Got a link showing the PVs?

Plain old "inlife" is just a placeholder site...
Put "my" before "inlife" - that's the address shown on the bottom of that endorsement by the doctors. There are buttons for an "ecig video", "purchase an ecig" & "become an ecig distributor" on that site, but I didn't bother digging any deeper.

Last edited:

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
You might find this informational about some Air sanitizer disinfectants
Air Sanitizers | Pesticides | US EPA
There is considerable evidence that glycol vapors produce significant decreases i/n numbers of viable airborne bacteria under relatively wide conditions of relative humidity and temperature when properly and continuously dispensed by a vaporizing device so as to maintain suitable concentrations in the air of enclosed spaces.

With dispensers for the intermittent treatment of air, such as pressurized aerosols, several investigators have shown that glycols (triethylene, dipropylene, or propylene glycol) at concentrations of 5% or more in such formulations will temporarily reduce numbers of airborne bacteria when adequate amounts are dispensed under relatively ideal conditions.
With glycols and glycol mixtures intended for use in continuous vaporizing devices, the vaporizers themselves do not require registration.
Air Sanitation By Chemical Agent, Hypochlorous Acid, Quaternary Ammonium Surface Active Disinfectant, Glycols, Propylene Glycol and Triethylene Glycol
Fogging procedures are effectively used to decontaminate the rooms vacated by patients infected with staphylococci, streptococci, pseudomonads and Salmonella.
Glycols: Propylene glycol and triethylene glycol are active against streptococci, staphylococci, pneumococci, H. influenzae and influenza virus at a concentration 1:4 million. Their microbicidal activity is maximum at a temperature of about 27°C and a relative humidity of 45 - 70%.

The bactericidal activity of glycols are due to their hygroscopicity. When glycol molecules are atomized into the air they dissolve in the film of moisture surrounding each microorganism. At a particular concentration of glycol, the moisture inside the bacterial cell is drawn out of the cell and this leads to the death of the microbe.

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I couldn't find an asthma inhaler that specified PG in its ingredients. I did find some interesting articles concerning use of PG. It's apparent that PG isn't a great compound to inhale all day every day, at least for some of us.

Fairly negative assessment of PG in medications, especially inhaled.
Propylene Glycol- A Dangerous Additive to Consumer Products

Drugs.com list of side effects when ingested by different methods. Inhaling seems to be the best way with least side effects.
Polyethylene Glycol Side Effects | Drugs.com

And one from a legal lawsuit mill.
: propylene glycol : Class Action Blog

A year old article that isn't really that derogatory. At least most of the facts are true.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/us/02cigarette.html

Fortunately, I haven't experienced any of the symptoms described.
The "lawsuit" thing is a slip-and-fall firm desperately looking to make some cash. From what I've seen or heard of so far, exploding batteries seem to be the biggest danger but I don't know of anyone actually injured by one and the incidents are rare, occurring only in mods, that I'm aware of.
"Protected" batteries are pretty much the norm now.

kricket_4

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm new-ish to vaping, and have read quite a bit. I have seen reference to glycerol, glycerin, etc when referring to vaping - does that only refer to VG? Anyhow, my son was in the hospital recently and was given rascemic epinephrin - i found this, which shows that glycerin is included in the drug. Rascemic epi is a nebulized medicine and is inhaled to treat severe croup:

Availability And Storage: Each mL of clear solution contains: racemic epinephrine base 2.25% as hydrochloride for inhalation therapy. Nonmedicinal ingredients: benzoic acid, chlorobutanol hemihydrate, glycerin, hydrochloric acid, purified water, sodium chloride and sodium metabisulfite. Bottles of 30 mL. Store solution in tight, light-resistant container at controlled room temperature (15 to 30°C).

RxMed: Pharmaceutical Information - VAPONEFRIN

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Fortunately, I haven't experienced any of the symptoms described.
The "lawsuit" thing is a slip-and-fall firm desperately looking to make some cash. From what I've seen or heard of so far, exploding batteries seem to be the biggest danger but I don't know of anyone actually injured by one and the incidents are rare, occurring only in mods, that I'm aware of.
"Protected" batteries are pretty much the norm now.

Well I was almost seriously injured by my e cig when I forgot I had stuffed it into my back pocket and sat down, depressing the manual button. Couldn't understand when my .... started to develop a "hot spot" ;) :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread