Travel and Vaping Eliquid laws in Far East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miami56

Jan 24, 2014
Reno, NV, USA
I have several business trips to the Far East soon and I am wondering if anyone has a clear definition on if eliquid is illegal to possess, or just illegal to sell. I have trips to Macao and Hong Kong, Singapore, and Manilla this year. I know that Macao and Hong Kong have very strict nicotine laws, I'm just not sure of eliquid. And I have no idea whatsoever about Singapore and Manilla.

Any help would be appreciated.

Miami56

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
Hi, sorry no experience in Macao or Singapore but i live in manila and travel to china via hong kong every month.

No problems in manila. You can bring ecig equipment on the plane. If you get asked by airport security, just tell them its an ecig, they pretty much know what those are. Liquids are subject to airport security regulations same as any other liquid (eg small quantities in a clear bag). Ecigs are legal in the Philippines

Hong Kong is a different story. Sale or possession is illegal here. Having said that, i've had some success with bringing an ego twist + small rebuildable dripping atty (igo-s) or a carto on board a plane, together with maybe 5ml of liquid in an unmarked bottle inside a zip lock bag together with other liquids. Just make sure they're disassembled and that none of your stuff stands out or will call attention. Stealth is highly recommended. All the big mods and extra liquid goes into checked baggage. Once you make it through airport security, you should be fine.

Just sharing my experience. Follow at your own risk. Hope it works out for you

Not sure about "no smoking" signs outdoors in Macau - I've never seen any, and given it is a gambling town, people are allowed to smoke almost everywhere - even indoors, which is pretty unusual nowadays... Japan is where you see all the "no smoking" signs on the streets, and of course in Singapore, if you don't see a sign expressly allowing something, it's probably not allowed anyway!

JIMP-er46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
LCMM
Hi miami56,

Singapore has very strict laws on importation and sales of all these good stuff. Your kit will be confiscated if found as it is considered as an imported item with you bringing them in. You won't be hit as hard as the locals, though (no fines for you). My suggestion is to be stealthy (yes, separate all the parts that make up your setup), go cheap (ego + cheap rba) and not vape in public. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread