eLiquid States 'Cancer Causing Chemicals'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunanimo

Jan 19, 2016
UK
Hey Guys,

So I purchased 60ml of The French Dude by Pancake Man. I'm curious by what I'm reading on the side of the box here. It says it contains chemicals known by the state of California to cause cancer. I thought PG/VG was fine? Nicotine on the same toxicity level as caffeine? Flavouring a grey area (Diketones etc), but what chemicals are cancer causing? Bit concerned here and was hoping someone could clear it up for me?

Ingredients as stated on the bottle:
PG/VG, Artifical and Natural Flavouring, May contain nicotine. Shake well.

7ecbec3f8809e88bb0feb10349123839.jpg
69132909c85eeb308e7f6f04587af741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
I don't know a lot about Prop 65, but I believe it has to be on lots of products if they are to be sold in California. Maybe some Cali folks can explain.

That last statement, that is what bothers me the most. I would love to see the research backing up that statement and what diseases are known to be caused by vapor.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
It's mainly the nicotine. Nicotine has been shown to cause developmental problems in adolescent rats. That's enough for the state of California to place it on the list. The list contains nearly 1,000 chemicals/substances.

The usual warning is cancer, birth defects, developmental, or reproductive harm. So anything that could possibly cause any of those four things.

Reactions: Katmandu

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I love the fact that there's no mention of at what concentrations or at what exposure levels any of this might be harmful. I have sawed a few boards, should I get a full body scan? Or no mention of what chemical might be hazardous. Just enough information to frighten people.
No one in California even notices the warnings anymore. They are EVERYWHERE. On just about every product, and on every building.

Reactions: Ed_C and Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread