Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
In my view that can only be a good thing Naz. We will then be able to make informed decisions about what we inhale.

Personally I'd like to use as few additives as possible in my mix. I'd be happy with using only propylene glycol, veg glycerine, alcohol, flavouring and of course nicotine. That's all I want but in order to get the nic I have to add ready made liquid that could have all sorts of stuff in it. Hopefully a manufacturer will spot a gap in the market and produce plain nicotine diluted in pg or vg and nothing else.

Thanks Katink, I didn't know that, I'll have a look.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
You're right, Naz. Ingredients should be listed on every vial or bottle. That list could be the difference between life and death if a child ingests some and first responders have no idea what's inside that funky little vial with "e-liquid" on it. That child likely has less than an hour to live unless paramedics know that the contents contain 24mg of nicotine per 1ml of fluid! That they would understand is an emergency of the highest order.

The containers for the bottles need even more information - on hazardous use, precautions for handling, etc.

The bottles need to be vacuum sealed. And you can bet they'll need to be childproof if the government approves them in any form. Our stuff is far more dangerous than aspirin, for instance.

We don't need to know someone's formula. We just need the same ingredient listing procedure virtually every other consumer product has. It's the least companies can do to tell us what we're taking into our bodies.

You're right, Naz. Ingredients should be listed on every vial or bottle. That list could be the difference between life and death if a child ingests some and first responders have no idea what's inside that funky little vial with "e-liquid" on it. That child likely has less than an hour to live unless paramedics know that the contents contain 24mg of nicotine per 1ml of fluid! That they would understand is an emergency of the highest order.

The containers for the bottles need even more information - on hazardous use, precautions for handling, etc.

The bottles need to be vacuum sealed. And you can bet they'll need to be childproof if the government approves them in any form. Our stuff is far more dangerous than aspirin, for instance.

We don't need to know someone's formula. We just need the same ingredient listing procedure virtually every other consumer product has. It's the least companies can do to tell us what we're taking into our bodies.

TB, I totally agree and you make a very good point. As such, Johnson Creek will begin listing ingredients as soon as possible.

Aug 26, 2008
  • Deleted by RatInDaHat
  • Reason: supplier spamming
Aug 26, 2008
  • Deleted by RatInDaHat
  • Reason: supplier spamming
I've been using JC since I got the VG sample pack last week. Started off slow, just a couple drops to top off low carts. Then I moved up to right on the atomizer. Not one problem yet and I'm using one of Cashmere's pen styles.

Smoking like crazy and the atomizer doesn't get too hot.

Love all the flavors (except smooth hickory ~ sorry!).

I will say that's a lot of juice in the sample pack for under $20. I can't imagine how long it's going to take to finish it all!;)

Peg, glad you're enjoying it:D:D Just a quick word of caution about dripping onto the atomizer (as opposed to the cartridge); you'll want to be careful not to do this too much (with any liquid) or you can run the risk of damaging your atomizer. :thumb:

I've been using JC since I got the VG sample pack last week. Started off slow, just a couple drops to top off low carts. Then I moved up to right on the atomizer. Not one problem yet and I'm using one of Cashmere's pen styles.

Smoking like crazy and the atomizer doesn't get too hot.

Love all the flavors (except smooth hickory ~ sorry!).

I will say that's a lot of juice in the sample pack for under $20. I can't imagine how long it's going to take to finish it all!;)

SMOKING DRAGON

Mar 15, 2009
kent
so i got one big question8-o
maybe two!!!!!!!
is e liquid safe ? :confused:most people say yes but some web sites say they contain oil and are not safe:shock:
which e liquid is the most safe i like high stregnth but have only tryed a few different carts and ecigs....... super smoker,,,,, yuk tastes like shreddies and burnt milk :p... super mini good... dse 901 from theelectroniccigarette.co.uk very nice.
need lotsa advice..:rolleyes:

xLowEndx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Mesa, Arizona
I'm a new user for ecigs, but along with my ecig i got from awesomevapor.com, i did get some of his liquid. I will let you guys know how it is, I think he does make it himself, but hes great to do business with, and I'm excited to be able to use his product. Will post about it soon! :)

Awesome, please do. I've been looking into getting some from them.

stormygal

Aug 30, 2009
Madison, WI
I just recently got into e-cigs and after spending 12 hours with my 510 I am now 100 percent analog free.

After much reading here I tried JC's 24mg Original which wasn't sweet enough for me, but after adding a couple drops of glycerine (to sweeten it) into it in my 5ml bottle it's a good all day liquid with a normal tobacco taste. Now I must try the other flavors. (Local supplier for me! /cheer, but MacFan would love to see maybe a 36mg unflavored to up the mg a bit for me.)

I have also tried Totally Wicked's 36 mg M/boro flavor which is a hair too sweet (Marbs are not that sweet when smoked) for me, but great for that wake up throat hit, or for when I really need that extra nic hit.

I'm still looking at some others to try a RY4 type flavor (anyone know a good one?), but much thanks to the other posters for steering me to JC and TW and away from e-cig.com's junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread