Denmark
  • Deleted by Sun Vaporer
  • Reason: Supplier posting in another Supplier's Forum

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
OK Mik I'm only going to say this once more !!!!

my original post is post #78 and no where I repeat nowhere in that post does it mention your company which I won’t say on Eastmalls thread because it's not proper business Etiquette hear on the forum but NO WHERE does it mention anything about anybody’s specific product NO WHERE it is only a hats off and CONGRATS TO Mr. David Yang for a job well done on developing his company into a good one and what I believe will be a leader by the people he surrounds himself with, his business philosophy and how they treat their customers in general and even how I was treated by David himself on my orders, by checking them personally and signing off on them and including some samples. David has done a great job I believe as it also states in my previous post that this is only my theory and these are only my personal opinions only. So once again I will try to say this without being hacked on. David Yang I think you have done a great job with Eastmall and run your company very well, keep up the great job and surrounding yourself with great people because smart business men who do this always come out on top and I think 2010 and the future is going to be well for your company and all Eastmall employee's.

David and all Eastmall Employee’s Best Regards and may you all prosper in 2010 and further in the business of the E-cig world.

Regards,

Matthew. A

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Thanks for jumping in there guys, I really feel for him, when you allow your mind to wander, things become scrambled, and reality becomes twisted, and you do and say things like that, I think we should all just understand that about him. Please do not attack him , he will be ok in time. I hope.

rick

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Do you know if it will have a cut-off? :confused: I have this annoying 901 pass-through with a cut-off. :mad: Can you still influence the development, and tell them no Cut-off please?:D:D

yes, a lot of the auto batteries have a cut off built into them for a safety feature.

now a few of the first manuals to come out were actually revamped autos , and so tha auto cutoff was retained.

but I am pretty sure that the manuals do not have a cut off in them now a days.

and i will make mention of this and see what is the engineer's thinking on this.:)

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
It's full because I am not allowed to get anymore storage, I need to take some out, I usually keep the active ones in there, and a ton of old ones lol

I cant remember what you asked, please dont be offended. I have a lot going on right now lol

Hey Rick anyword on that thing I asked of you to try and get for me, I tried to PM you and your box is full, which is a great sign, hahah let me know OK

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
At the risk of dredging up a debate which has mostly died down, I have to say it is laughable for Joye/Janty to claim "intelectual property" rights on the ego design, and embarassing for Mik to be acting like this.

Joye didn't invent electronic cigarettes. They've built their business on taking someone else's idea and tweaking it slightly. Now that someone else has done it to them, they have the stones to throw a fit about it? There is more difference between the Riva and Ego than there is between the 510 and all the e-cigs that came before it. When you're a Chinese manufacturer of knockoff products, you don't get to complain when another Chinese manufacturer comes along and makes a knockoff of your stuff.

Unperson

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
New England, U.S.A.
Once upon a time.. ..there was one automobile. Now look how many there are. Combustion engine, four tires, steering wheel, DVD player playing Nude Cheerleader Basketball for your drunk friends in the backseat... (umm, scratch that last part. It never happened. Honest!). What was my point? Oh yeah, remember kids, always remove DVDs when your done watching them so your wife doesn't take the kids out to the store and all of them get traumatized!

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
At the risk of dredging up a debate which has mostly died down, I have to say it is laughable for Joye/Janty to claim "intelectual property" rights on the ego design, and embarassing for Mik to be acting like this.

Joye didn't invent electronic cigarettes. They've built their business on taking someone else's idea and tweaking it slightly. Now that someone else has done it to them, they have the stones to throw a fit about it? There is more difference between the Riva and Ego than there is between the 510 and all the e-cigs that came before it. When you're a Chinese manufacturer of knockoff products, you don't get to complain when another Chinese manufacturer comes along and makes a knockoff of your stuff.

good points made here!

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
What he said. :p And he said it well I might add.

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
Not to toss anymore more drama into this mix, and I hope this is not inappropriate for your forum David. I would like to show a picture of a mod I did about 9 months ago that Looks strikingly familiar, including the small bead at the top of the nose cone... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...troducing-baby-j-prototype-14.html#post618683

I posted a link to this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/27880-yet-another-laser-pointer-mod.html (The pictures have been removed but where up there for 4-5 months) to Mik @J***y (self proclaimed inventor of the LR atty) and his comment was priceless

"Whoa, that does look similar. I wasnt aware of the laser pointer mod - i rarely have time to browse around the net with my many things to do, so it IS actually a mad coincidence that it looks somewhat similar to it. However, i designed mine completely 110% from my own mind, without any external references - his is a mod using other cylindrical based items: I mean, there are only so many different shapes you can do within these limits before stuff begins to look alike. ;-)"

Congrats David on a copy of a copy, well done......

Cisco...

Attachments

• laser4.jpg
    laser4.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 506
  • laser3.jpg
    laser3.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 201

Unperson

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
New England, U.S.A.
Not to toss anymore more drama into this mix, and I hope this is not inappropriate for your forum David. I would like to show a picture of a mod I did about 9 months ago that Looks strikingly familiar, including the small bead at the top of the nose cone... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...troducing-baby-j-prototype-14.html#post618683

I posted a link to this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/27880-yet-another-laser-pointer-mod.html (The pictures have been removed but where up there for 4-5 months) to Mik @J***y (self proclaimed inventor of the LR atty) and his comment was priceless

"Whoa, that does look similar. I wasnt aware of the laser pointer mod - i rarely have time to browse around the net with my many things to do, so it IS actually a mad coincidence that it looks somewhat similar to it. However, i designed mine completely 110% from my own mind, without any external references - his is a mod using other cylindrical based items: I mean, there are only so many different shapes you can do within these limits before stuff begins to look alike. ;-)"

Congrats David on a copy of a copy, well done......

Cisco...

Hmm...

I'm going to take off my humor hat for a moment and try to be serious for a bit.

To start with, Cisco is a Mod God. Why a manufacturer hasn't tried to get him on their payroll or at least rent him as a freelance designer is beyond me. To be completely fair, Cisco didn't actually make that design either. It was a laser pointer first, but Cisco did bring it to the e-cig crowd and he gets credit for that as well as major kudos for his creativity.

Yes, Cisco's mod looks like the predecessor to the eGo/Baby J which looks like the predecessor to the RiVa, etc., etc..

Harsh reality check... ...c'est la vie! I'm not trying to belittle the creativity and hard work of others. If it weren't for the blood, sweat, and tears of those mad scientists / geniuses over in the modders lounge, we (the vapers) wouldn't have better products with cooler designs. We owe them our respect.

Unfortunately, the e-cig market is "wild west" atm. The fact that we're dealing with international parties makes it next to impossible to try to enforce anything, never mind a patent, and 99% of mods don't end up with patents. Still, it would at least demonstrate class if a credit mention was thrown out there, but we know why that won't happen. A manufacturer releases a product, gives credit to Joe Schmoe for the design, the product becomes a big hit, Joe wants a slice of the pie, yadda, yadda, yadda. Is Joe entitled? Yes. Will the manufacturer set themselves up for this scenario, Nope.

Once e-cigs are legalized in the U.S., then it becomes an easier arena for modders to defend their designs. If a U.S. modder spots his design being produced by a U.S. manufacturer, it becomes more likely they could win a lawsuit. Right now it is too willy nilly (sorry, for the complex legal vernacular, 'willy nilly' translates to 'wishy washy' for the common folk). {Damnit, silly hat is back on}

Let's face it. Most e-cig designs are obvious copies. The whole 3-piece (batt, atty, cart) design is rampant. Every now and then something truly innovative comes along like the PCC, cartomizer, drip tips, juice-feeding mechanism, etc.. Once a new concept comes along, it gets copied n number of ways and released by everyone (like the atomizer hood - props to Cisco).

Closing comment: I think it is weird for Mik to say he never saw Cisco's design. Is it possible he didn't? I guess. If I were a designer, I would be glued to every forum room where modders and designers are hanging out; not just here on ECF, but all the other forums (you know who they are). I think all serious designers need to frequent these areas. Not to steal, but to get a better grip on the playing field. As a designer, I'd want to know what everyone else is doing so I can either learn from their mistakes or become inspired in ways they didn't. It seems bizarre for a major designer NOT knowing about a design that appeared just a couple of rooms over in the same forum... ..but that's just me; I'm funny that way.

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
Hmm...

I'm going to take off my humor hat for a moment and try to be serious for a bit.

To start with, Cisco is a Mod God. Why a manufacturer hasn't tried to get him on their payroll or at least rent him as a freelance designer is beyond me. To be completely fair, Cisco didn't actually make that design either. It was a laser pointer first, but Cisco did bring it to the e-cig crowd and he gets credit for that as well as major kudos for his creativity.

Yes, Cisco's mod looks like the predecessor to the eGo/Baby J which looks like the predecessor to the RiVa, etc., etc..

Harsh reality check... ...c'est la vie! I'm not trying to belittle the creativity and hard work of others. If it weren't for the blood, sweat, and tears of those mad scientists / geniuses over in the modders lounge, we (the vapers) wouldn't have better products with cooler designs. We owe them our respect.

Unfortunately, the e-cig market is "wild west" atm. The fact that we're dealing with international parties makes it next to impossible to try to enforce anything, never mind a patent, and 99% of mods don't end up with patents. Still, it would at least demonstrate class if a credit mention was thrown out there, but we know why that won't happen. A manufacturer releases a product, gives credit to Joe Schmoe for the design, the product becomes a big hit, Joe wants a slice of the pie, yadda, yadda, yadda. Is Joe entitled? Yes. Will the manufacturer set themselves up for this scenario, Nope.

Once e-cigs are legalized in the U.S., then it becomes an easier arena for modders to defend their designs. If a U.S. modder spots his design being produced by a U.S. manufacturer, it becomes more likely they could win a lawsuit. Right now it is too willy nilly (sorry, for the complex legal vernacular, 'willy nilly' translates to 'wishy washy' for the common folk). {Damnit, silly hat is back on}

Let's face it. Most e-cig designs are obvious copies. The whole 3-piece (batt, atty, cart) design is rampant. Every now and then something truly innovative comes along like the PCC, cartomizer, drip tips, juice-feeding mechanism, etc.. Once a new concept comes along, it gets copied n number of ways and released by everyone (like the atomizer hood - props to Cisco).

Closing comment: I think it is weird for Mik to say he never saw Cisco's design. Is it possible he didn't? I guess. If I were a designer, I would be glued to every forum room where modders and designers are hanging out; not just here on ECF, but all the other forums (you know who they are). I think all serious designers need to frequent these areas. Not to steal, but to get a better grip on the playing field. As a designer, I'd want to know what everyone else is doing so I can either learn from their mistakes or become inspired in ways they didn't. It seems bizarre for a major designer NOT knowing about a design that appeared just a couple of rooms over in the same forum... ..but that's just me; I'm funny that way.

Thanks for the comments and I agree 100%, The wild west style e-cig market wont change anytime soon. When US made mods are copied here in the states you might have a leg to stand on but while your in the middle of that legal battle the Chinese based suppliers and manufacturers will already have there version to the market. It is almost at the point were its not even worth bothering anymore, anything you design or manufacture will be copied ,there is no doubt in my mind..........c'est la vie!

Cisco...

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
Cisco is a Mod God. Why a manufacturer hasn't tried to get him on their payroll or at least rent him as a freelance designer is beyond me.
Why bother? It's cheaper to just take all his ideas and claim they were "independently developed". :rolleyes:

As with all Chinese manufacturing (electronics in particular), this is the new wild west. Apple is one of the biggest, most influential companies on earth, and they can't even put a dent in the flood of knockoff ipods/ipads. On a personal level, I'm kinda glad they can't, but I can see how it would be frustrating for a smaller, non-evil company (or individual) to have their creations cloned and sold for less.

At least Cisco is smart enough to be pragmatic about it. Going into this game, you have to know it's going to happen. If you can accept that and just do what you do, people will support you. If you throw a fit every time someone steals the idea you stole in the first place, you end up looking like a big hypocritical crybaby.

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
Why bother? It's cheaper to just take all his ideas and claim they were "independently developed". :rolleyes:

As with all Chinese manufacturing (electronics in particular), this is the new wild west. Apple is one of the biggest, most influential companies on earth, and they can't even put a dent in the flood of knockoff ipods/ipads. On a personal level, I'm kinda glad they can't, but I can see how it would be frustrating for a smaller, non-evil company (or individual) to have their creations cloned and sold for less.

At least Cisco is smart enough to be pragmatic about it. Going into this game, you have to know it's going to happen. If you can accept that and just do what you do, people will support you. If you throw a fit every time someone steals the idea you stole in the first place, you end up looking like a big hypocritical crybaby.

Please try and read post #94.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Whoa.. ..dude.. ..I went back and read post #94, then #95, then #96, then #97, which then sent me back to #94, then #95, then....

If my dog hadn't starting humping my leg, there's no tellin' how long I would've been trapped in that loop!

Trippy!

How to keep a ..... amused for hours..... ;)

(Sorry.. couldn't help myself..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread