Email notices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
Not sure how anyone else feels about this, but if I'm sitting in a business meeting or on a plane and check my personal email, I would prefer that notices from this forum did not emblazon the words "E-Cigarette Forum" (the return sender of this forum) in bold font! Very visible to someone sitting next to me when I view the list of emails. Can you come up with a more subtle name for your sending address? Like maybe ECF? Or EC Forum?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Not sure how anyone else feels about this, but if I'm sitting in a business meeting or on a plane and check my personal email, I would prefer that notices from this forum did not emblazon the words "E-Cigarette Forum" (the return sender of this forum) in bold font! Very visible to someone sitting next to me when I view the list of emails. Can you come up with a more subtle name for your sending address? Like maybe ECF? Or EC Forum?
How about editing your profile so that only if Someone replies to your Post is emailed.

I turned off tge likes being sent to my mailbox.

Now the only thing i see fron ECF id sonething i need to look at or reply to.

abn75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
mobile, al, United States
Thanks for the advice, but I want notifications to keep coming. Just don't want to announce my personal life to certain parts of the world. Best/easiest solution would be for ECF to change the return name.
So the forum, to cater to you, needs to change, instead of you changing your personal settings for the forum or your email app? Hummmmmmmmmmm yeah that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: LMS62

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
So we're moving from a simple question to . . . ? Like I said in my original post, "Not sure how anyone else feels about this . . ." which to me sounds like I was trying to solicit opinions. I would assume the forum admins would consider bowing to user preferences demands if a lot of others felt the same way. If not, they won't. The way it is now, if I want to be notified about posts I am following I need to have the topic of the forum identified in bold font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread