Emanuel wants new tobacco taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The problem Tiny Dancer and the Peoples Revolutionary Council face is that Chicago is as bankrupt as Detroit was.

But they refuse to face this fact, in part because some or all of them will be put out of office by bankruptcy proceedings. So they keep kicking the can down the road. These desperate attempts to grab every cent possible show that the road has run out — right at the edge of a cliff.

I'm glad we don't live in Chicago. If we did, we'd move, if at all possible. As it is, we've boycotted the city ever since that idiotic "vapor = smoke" ordinance passed. My wife and I figure we haven't spent about $12,000 in Chicago since then. It's harsh, but the idiots who voted in Tiny Dancer and his City Council puppets don't deserve our business. Sorry, Chicagoans, but if you want our business, grow some cojones and sweep these bad guys out of office.

Apparently, other people agree with us. Here's an example. Toronto is not exactly a paragon of good city government, so rumble a lot of people we know from there. But it's a darned sight better governed than Chicago. When I was born, Toronto was less than a third the size of Chicago. Now it's larger. Clearly, people vote with their feet.

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
So was the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement. What did it get us? Greedy states sucked into an incestuous marriage of regulatory addiction with the FDA, CDC and a monopolistic tobacco industry. It is the biggest deception that government solves social problems.

Good luck all.

:)

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    The problem Tiny Dancer and the Peoples Revolutionary Council face is that Chicago is as bankrupt as Detroit was.

But they refuse to face this fact, in part because some or all of them will be put out of office by bankruptcy proceedings. So they keep kicking the can down the road. These desperate attempts to grab every cent possible show that the road has run out — right at the edge of a cliff.

I'm glad we don't live in Chicago. If we did, we'd move, if at all possible. As it is, we've boycotted the city ever since that idiotic "vapor = smoke" ordinance passed. My wife and I figure we haven't spent about $12,000 in Chicago since then. It's harsh, but the idiots who voted in Tiny Dancer and his City Council puppets don't deserve our business. Sorry, Chicagoans, but if you want our business, grow some cojones and sweep these bad guys out of office.

Apparently, other people agree with us. Here's an example. Toronto is not exactly a paragon of good city government, so rumble a lot of people we know from there. But it's a darned sight better governed than Chicago. When I was born, Toronto was less than a third the size of Chicago. Now it's larger. Clearly, people vote with their feet.

I'm in Chicago and as of a couple of months ago buy all of my vape gear outside of Chicago or online. The new taxes will hit everyone in Chicago.

I'm not flaming you I'm asking. As far as "sweeping the bad guys out of office" isn't Evanston a hot bed of liberal voters too? It's Democrats that are killing vaping in Cook County and Chicago. I'm sure if Madigan had his wish, he'd have a Democrat governor and they w institute a massive vape tax state-wide to cover the billions owed at the State of IL.

Even Pelosi praised the rules against vaping passed a month ago.

Reactions: EBates

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I'm not flaming you I'm asking. As far as "sweeping the bad guys out of office" isn't Evanston a hot bed of liberal voters too? It's Democrats that are killing vaping in Cook County and Chicago. I'm sure if Madigan had his wish, he'd have a Democrat governor and they w institute a massive vape tax state-wide to cover the billions owed at the State of IL.

No flame on your part intended and none taken!

Tommy, Evanston is so far to the left that you can see Stalin from there.

Before Chicago did so, the Peoples Revolutionary Council of Evanston passed an anti-vaping ordinance by equating vapor with smoke. (I was there at that City Council meeting: a suit from the American Lung Association, Illinois branch, passed a thin envelope to the mayor after the vote. The envelope was so thin it could have only held a check.) Included in the ordinance are fines for even sharing e-liquids.

In addition to Chicago, we also boycott Evanston and its merchants and service providers. So far we figure we haven't spent about $45,000-50,000 in Evanston. Surrounding suburbs have gotten our business instead.

The instant my wife retires (I'm self-employed and can take my business anywhere), we're outta here. She's 67, so it'll be soon.

As I have with Chicago, I encourage everyone to boycott Evanston. Do you really have to buy that product or service in Evanston? Do you really have to live there?

Last edited:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Included in the ordinance are fines for even sharing e-liquids.

OMG... :facepalm:

What disturbs me is we elect the pompous fools. After the elections they think they get to be a dictator. What in God's name makes people think they should have so much control over their fellow man? It's crazy.

nicnik

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2015
    Illinois, USA

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 5, 2013
    OMG... :facepalm:

What disturbs me is we elect the pompous fools. After the elections they think they get to be a dictator. What in God's name makes people think they should have so much control over their fellow man? It's crazy.

Inside every Liberal is a totalitarian screaming to get out.

aceswired

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Minnesota
    Second random thread today I noticed a totally uncalled for, hostile post, announcing addition to an ignore list.

Then I saw the name. Don't know what made me remember it, but I did.

Begs the question, what's your deal? You may be a perfectly pleasant person, but you're behaving like a troll here today. Chill out, have a vape, and stop taking yourself so seriously. Sheesh.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread