Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 (1.5ohm) + Janty eGo JETS XL Battery = Splattering Juice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

just4747

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Hey all, need a little help here please:

I currently have a Janty eGo JETS XL (here) kit that I've been using for a few weeks.

I wanted to also have a simple dripping setup utilizing the same eGo XL batteries so I ordered a Bridge-Free low-resistance 510 atomizer (1.5ohm) from Empiremods (here).
I didn't know whether to order that one or the 1.8ohm LR one- but the 1.8 one was out of stock anyway at the time so I just ordered the 1.5ohm one.

I received the atty and an Empiremods eGo Spiral Drip Shield today - so my drip setup is:

• Janty eGo JETS XL battery (900 or 1100 mAh?; 3.7v)
  • Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.5ohm atty
  • Empiremods eGo Spiral Drip Shield
  • Drip tip

Although the juices I've been dripping for the past few hours using this have provided much vapor and tasted good (definitely stronger tasting than they did in the eGo JETS atomizer - almost too strong?), the atty seems to get pretty hot and somehow, even though I am doing the normal 2-4 drips per fill in the atty, the juice crackles and sizzles to the point where every few button presses, a bit of juice literally spits out the atomizer top, out the drip tip, and into my mouth. I can feel it hit my tongue each time almost like a hot projectile lol.
It is certainly hot and I know this is not normal. I know the sizzle is normal but not to this degree..

My question is, is this atty/battery combo too hot together and causing the juice to cook a little too much? I think the atty is working fine, so I can only guess maybe I was supposed to pair the eGo battery maybe with the 1.8ohm atty instead (here).
Should I go a different route for dripping, or just a slightly different 510 atty? If a regular resistance 510 atty will do just fine, should I get that and which one should I get?

Anyone? Thanks!

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Switched makes a good point, a bridge should help prevent the splatter from reaching your mouth. I also don't quite understand why removing it would somehow influence the flavor.

... I can only guess maybe I was supposed to pair the eGo battery maybe with the 1.8ohm atty instead (here).
Well give it a shot, the 1.8Ω version may also be more battery friendly over the long haul.

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Thanks guys.

Anyone else have any more input? I'm trying to learn more about the different atty types paired with the XL eGo battery and what works best for dripping. Should I forget about bridgeless or LR attys and stick with bridged or regular resistance attys? Or ok to stay bridgeless but go with higher ohms?
Which would be the best for someone who vapes often but not all day every day like some people, and just wants something to drip different flavors with sometimes? I'm no extreme vaper.

Do you think simply getting a 1.8 ohms or higher version (2.0, 2.4, etc) debridged would fix my issues?

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Your issue is that there is no protection between the coil and your mouth, the coil is covered by the bridge and hence prevents the splatter. The bridge is the main wick not the little piece of silica that keeps the coil relatively cool and provides the optimum of liquid for vaporization. Think of the SS mesh as a reservoir.

Many thought that since we don't use carts any more that the bridge is/was unnecessary, wrong IMHO. There is nothing wrong with 1.8 or 2 Ohm atties, just their construction.

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Your issue is that there is no protection between the coil and your mouth, the coil is covered by the bridge and hence prevents the splatter. The bridge is the main wick not the little piece of silica that keeps the coil relatively cool and provides the optimum of liquid for vaporization. Think of the SS mesh as a reservoir.

Many thought that since we don't use carts any more that the bridge is/was unnecessary, wrong IMHO. There is nothing wrong with 1.8 or 2 Ohm atties, just their construction.

Thanks, so sticking with a 1.5 OR going to a 1.8 or 2.0 ohm would be fine- I should just buy ones that are bridged and they should still work fine for dripping but without shooting liquid up?

If this is really the case- that having no bridge has no protection from shooting/popping liquid, then why do so many sites sell bridgeless now?
What dripping configuration can use these bridgeless ones without having to worry about this problem? Clearly many people must use them somehow...

Last edited:

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
I wish I got more replies/advice, but as an update I continued trying the same 1.5 ohm 510 de-bridged atty on my eGo batteries, and to be honest, it's fine.
For some reason, the juice spitting/splattering seems to have stopped- maybe because I use only 2-3 drips now at most as to not flood it. And the flavor and vapor are great. I'm not a huge fan of the warmer vapor feel in my mouth, but it's nothing bad.

I also ordered a 1.8 ohm one just to see the difference, and also waiting on an adjustable eGo-C Twist battery to be able to change voltage (more learning ahead lol).

Not to mention, also waiting on a J-tank, some boge cartos, a Vivi Nova 2.5, a V3 Vision Clearomizer, and a Kanger T3 Clearomizer LOL. Guess I'll figure out what I really like...then onto the world of mods..... :)

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Using is the best learning tool. Almost everything e cig is a fiddle with it til it works the way YOU want. Maybe you broke it in too. The low resistance vapes are hottest so standard resistance or 2.00-2.5 like that aren't quite as hot. I'm trying to figure out what works best for flavor myself and new to Attomizers but having a variable voltage helps a lot.im starting to lean towards the higher resistance. I was recommended to never go below 2.00 ohm on atty....but I forget why! Ha ha. Sold me.... And my first atty experiences have been good. However being me, I ordered a 1.5 stingray atty just because it sounded interesting and so that's how it goes in the ecig world. Lots of things to try and in the end entertaining. N'est-ce pas? My next problem is find the best ohms for a mechanical mod. Guess that's 4.2 on fresh charge diminishing to 3.8 and pull the battery and recharge type of arrangement. Variable volt with no control! Ha ha. It cannot be kicked ( I think that maintains the 4.2 steady until time to charge?) and I'm really trying hard to relate to the people who build their own attics and get like 1.0 ohm and they are using mechanical mods so...scratch head. And if anybody explains the technology of it I am lost.
Why would I want 1.0 ohms. So, everybody has questions and sometimes the people with the answers are not on the site. You can bump a post if you are getting really frustrated. We need ecig schools. (. :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread