Enclosure question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasoj007

Feb 14, 2016
Quick question(s),
I know the unfinished Hammond boxes have a lean that you have to grind down (or just learn to live with) but are the painted ones the same? What about guitar effects pedal enclosures like mammothelectronics enclosures ? If I get a painted box I want it to be straight, slanted won't cut it. I've found some nice looking painted cnc enclosures but since I live in Canada by the time I factor in the exchange and shipping they end up being like $50-60 each or more.
Thanks

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Quick question(s),
I know the unfinished Hammond boxes have a lean that you have to grind down (or just learn to live with) but are the painted ones the same? What about guitar effects pedal enclosures like mammothelectronics enclosures ? If I get a painted box I want it to be straight, slanted won't cut it. I've found some nice looking painted cnc enclosures but since I live in Canada by the time I factor in the exchange and shipping they end up being like $50-60 each or more.
Thanks

Not sure but I think the painted ones lean too.

Search cnc hammond box for a no lean version or Alpinetech CNC Milled Aluminum Enclosure

I built my dna200 using the Alpinetech enclosure.

Nasoj007

Feb 14, 2016
I suspect the painted hammonds have the lean, I just haven't been able to confirm it. I'll look into your suggestions, the hardest part is finding a place the ships to Canada for a reasonable price. I looked at a couple places selling the Alpinetech and I'd be looking at around $40 per box by the time it gets to me which is better but still a bit pricey. I'll keep digging, I may have to bite the bullet and spend the cash :p

Reactions: Tagi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread