Encouraging E-cig statistics from the tobacco industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The article is about an RJ Renyolds meeting. What I get from it is smokers are experimenting with ecigs at a much higher rate than I thought. The industry seems disappointed by reletively small percentages of smokers converting entirely to vaping. Sometimes switching to vaping happens immediately but more often it takes weeks or months or years. If there is no interference most part time vapers will eventually switch.

In the article Renyolds is talking about new product designs coming soon. Their optimism is typical inventor euphoria but they might have a worthy product coming along. They argued against open systems so now they are eating some of those words.

Reynolds believes Vuse innovations will spur e-cig sales

"According to the research firm Tracker, trials of vapor products by adult smokers age 21 and older has risen from 37 percent in 2012 to 58 percent in 2014. Yet, full conversion to vapor-only consumption has increased from just 3 percent to 6 percent. According to Tracker, about 59 percent of adult smokers say they use a vapor or e-cig product on a part-time basis one to six times a week. “We’ve never seen an adult tobacco product with such early trial in such a short period,” Crew said."

Last edited:

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
“It might sound illogical that a tobacco company would say that tobacco is bad, that would be true,” Pope said.

“But they can promote vapor as being free of the main effects of tobacco, but not say it is free from risk.
I'm not so sure he's right. They're not only banned from saying "risk-free", but also "reduced risk". And it also seems to cross the line of the 'intended use' rule the FDA is considering.

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
I'm not so sure he's right. They're not only banned from saying "risk-free", but also "reduced risk". And it also seems to cross the line of the 'intended use' rule the FDA is considering.
Seems to me like the deeming regs are a form of compelled speech frowned upon by the Constitution, in that the goverment is requiring vendors to lie to and/or suppress the truth about reduced risk to their customers. I smell a lawsuit in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread