Enjoying and hating the new Apire Triton 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Be very aware of the NEW problems with this V2. The upper 'drip tip system' is now threaded and there's an o-ring at the bottom. It is extremely difficult to remove and replace for refilling. So much so that my freakin thumbs are raw trying re and re. When i posted about this on the aspire site, one person says he has to use his handkerchief for help, while another uses a pair of pliers. Pliers, seriously? Aspire screwed this area up.

I've checked, and both tanks are authentic. My local store swapped this portion with another tank, but that has only lasted a day and a half. Some have suggested a drop of juice on the o-ring, which I did, but I'm now wondering if that dried and made it stick again. 3 days old, and 1 return later, my store now says sorry, I'm SOL. So much for supporting a local store that's too small to send tanks BACK to Aspire. I believe they're defective, or should come with a pair of pliers with each tank.

Love the tank otherwise. Tremendous vape and flavor. The Clapton coil is fantastic. I put the regular 1.8 ohm coil in the other, and after the coil gets warm, it's also great. No leaks at all.

Reactions: drysprocket

whatmonkey

ECF Veteran
    Mar 24, 2011
    InACity
    I can't believe they couldn't even get version 2 right, after the nightmare of version 1...unreal. I'm so sorry. At least you're making lemonade out of it. I still do enjoy their coils, but I'm done with the tank and other devices.

I've had my V1 roughly 3 weeks and have been nothing but in love with it. I have a suspicion that there was a bad run or something with some of the V1 tanks because I have seen lots of folks complaining about leakage or other issues, but I have had absolutely zero problems, and I've probably put 120ml or so through it. I'm on my second coil, but I think I would still be on my first if I hadn't pulled out my "this always clogs my coils" juice to see if it still would - and it did.

Nothing I've read about the V2 makes me want one over the V1, even if it worked perfectly - I love the fill system on the V1, I'm really happy not to have a threaded cap there or have to worry about which way I rotate the fill control. I like the protection of the steel around the tank and don't find the level hard to gauge.

Anyhow, I guess my point is only that I don't think the V1 was a nightmare. Clearly for some people it was, but it certainly hasn't been for everyone -- I can't think I'm the only person who got a good one.

I have ordered some of the clapton coils though - expect to see them tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited to see what they are like.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I've had my V1 roughly 3 weeks and have been nothing but in love with it. I have a suspicion that there was a bad run or something with some of the V1 tanks because I have seen lots of folks complaining about leakage or other issues, but I have had absolutely zero problems, and I've probably put 120ml or so through it. I'm on my second coil, but I think I would still be on my first if I hadn't pulled out my "this always clogs my coils" juice to see if it still would - and it did.

Nothing I've read about the V2 makes me want one over the V1, even if it worked perfectly - I love the fill system on the V1, I'm really happy not to have a threaded cap there or have to worry about which way I rotate the fill control. I like the protection of the steel around the tank and don't find the level hard to gauge.

Anyhow, I guess my point is only that I don't think the V1 was a nightmare. Clearly for some people it was, but it certainly hasn't been for everyone -- I can't think I'm the only person who got a good one.

I have ordered some of the clapton coils though - expect to see them tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited to see what they are like.

Fair point, and I think that's exactly what happened- I got both of my Version 1's very early and I think they improved them over time. But with them not providing any support at all...I think that qualifies as a nightmare. But glad it's working for you.

Reactions: GeorgeS

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az

I couldn't get my first nautilus unstuck. On Aspire's website it says they are warrented for 3 months. I got a coupon for a new one, eventually.

Angus337

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2015
    I just picked one up yesterday.

I checked the threading on the drip tip assembly before buying and so far I've not had any issues with filling the tank. Although I've only filled it twice so far as I'm having other issues.

The problem I'm having is that Im getting a lot of lquid through the drip tip and after a couple of vapes If feels like a have a coating of cold eliquid in my mouth. The device isn't spitting or gurgling, the coil doesn't seem to be flooded and I'm not getting any leaks. So I think the juice is getting in somehow from the filling section through the drip tip assembly.

Currently using the Clapton coil, but I'll pull it apart later, clean it and try it with a stainless steel coil to see if that helps. The main reason for buying it was to try temperature control with the SS coils.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I just picked one up yesterday.

I checked the threading on the drip tip assembly before buying and so far I've not had any issues with filling the tank. Although I've only filled it twice so far as I'm having other issues.

The problem I'm having is that Im getting a lot of lquid through the drip tip and after a couple of vapes If feels like a have a coating of cold eliquid in my mouth. The device isn't spitting or gurgling, the coil doesn't seem to be flooded and I'm not getting any leaks. So I think the juice is getting in somehow from the filling section through the drip tip assembly.

Currently using the Clapton coil, but I'll pull it apart later, clean it and try it with a stainless steel coil to see if that helps. The main reason for buying it was to try temperature control with the SS coils.

It's these Triton coils I think. Same thing happened with me on the first Triton, and also happens if you use the coils on a Atlantis v1. What ratio juice are you using? I found that only 65+VG can prevent juice in my mouth on these coils, no matter what the setup.

whatmonkey

ECF Veteran
    Mar 24, 2011
    InACity
    Fair point, and I think that's exactly what happened- I got both of my Version 1's very early and I think they improved them over time. But with them not providing any support at all...I think that qualifies as a nightmare. But glad it's working for you.

Fair enough - I'd be unhappy too if I got two duds in a row. :)

As a data point for anyone who is interested, I'm 2 days in with a clapton coil in my V1, and honestly it's amazing.

I was previously running the V1 triton .4 ohm coil at 30 watts, and was really happy with it, as noted. But with the clapton, I find both vapor and flavor improved enough that I probably won't order anything but the clapton coils again unless I find that this thing clogs really fast or something - they are the same price, so I don't know why I would.

I would say that the improvements are incremental, not huge. But it is enough to push me from "Wow this is a really good coil" on the .4 ohm to "Hot damn this thing is amazing."

I'm running the .5 ohm clapton at 35w, and in all cases have been using my triton on a Vamo v7 with a Samsung INR18650-25R, and maxVG juice. My vamo tops out at 40w, but I haven't seen any improvement vs 35w, so I figure there's no reason to pull the additional power. :)

Last edited:

Angus337

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2015
    I'm now struggling with the drip tip fill mechanism aswell. At work today just couldn't get the dam thing off. Eventually removed it after borrowing some small pliers from a college. side of my thumb is now shredded though.

the 0.3 ohm SS was good but only lasted a day and now tastes terrible and is really Gunked up inside, possibly as a result of the messing about with temp control and using too much preheat, I've got a 0.4 ohm coil to try later.

Currently using the nickel coil which isn't great, poor flavour and not much vapour production. Hopefully will improve after a couple of tanks, if I can be bothered filling it again.

So far I've had problems with all the top fill tanks I've tried apart from the crown, which is a great tank, but a bit overkill for work. Might have to stick with the subtank mini for work, But I'd sooner get a decent top fill tank.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 18, 2014
    overland park, KS
    I can't believe they couldn't even get version 2 right, after the nightmare of version 1...unreal. I'm so sorry. At least you're making lemonade out of it. I still do enjoy their coils, but I'm done with the tank and other devices.

I dunno I haven't had any problems with my V1. I flooded the coil the first couple times I refilled it, but that was my fault for overfilling it. Sense then Its been great. I use the 1.8 ohm coils with 50/50 liquids. 12-15w Flavor and throat hit are pretty good for a tank.

jodd

Dec 25, 2014
    which coils have you been using for your triton 2? I've been using the 1.8 and I am getting issues of the coils being flooded -- then they begin gurgling, spitting up the drip tip a little, etc. I've been experiencing this issue with 50/50 PG/VG, 80% PG, etc.

if I don't have the drip tip totally flush, do you think this still creates a proper seal and vacuum? I have been hesitant to close it flush because it is nearly impossible to unscrew, due to the aforementioned issues about the threading.

I wonder if skin repair is covered under Aspire's warranty?

jstrong

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 7, 2014
    Virginia
    Don't understand all the problems with the top fill. I have one and I love it. Great flavor and clouds. It doesn't bother my thumbs at all. I hold the tank in the middle with my left hand with the top resting against my pointer finger then simply unscrew it with my right hand. Doesn't move and it comes off easy. I think you just have to get the right leverage

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    if I don't have the drip tip totally flush, do you think this still creates a proper seal and vacuum? I have been hesitant to close it flush because it is nearly impossible to unscrew, due to the aforementioned issues about the threading.

I wonder if skin repair is covered under Aspire's warranty?

there are also numerous complaints right there on the aspirecig forum. Even the recommendation to use pliers from another user. Pliers should have been included.

I've been running mine not totally flush, and it's fine.

@jstrong, so glad you got one from a GOOD batch.

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    No problem with my version 1 Triton. I like it but it takes a lot of power to run it. Pegasus V2 with no menu, you have to get a burnt hits until it decides on its own to flip over to TC when it decides it wants to. I did buy a $12 Triton clone from FT and it leaked bad and flooded my MVP3. Thought my MVP3 was finished so I took it apart and cleaned out the lake of juice inside the mod and it seems fine now. Will not use the Triton Clone again but I do have a base now for building coils.

Thank you for all the good info on the Triton V2. Because of this I just ordered a Atlantis V2 for my new Segilei 150 TC. Wanted a second TC device to go with my eVic VT as the Pegasus V2 does not fit the bill as a TC device. Wife likes her IVP D2 on TC. Runs the eGo One heads on TC. Seems some companies are starting to figure out TC.

CHEERS!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
    Old thread but chiming in. Bought a V2 last week for vaca and could NOT get the DT off. My fingers were literally scratched up trying to twist this thing off. Stuck it in the freezer for about 10 minutes and it finally came off but I knew this would cause me issues in the long run.

Yep...my assumption was correct. It is a nightmare trying to refill. Trying to screw the DT back on, it seems to pop off and not screw in without a TON of effort, time and frustration. It seems the threads do not line up properly. I thought one time I did have it screwed on and had it in my purse only to find it leaked from the top when it was slightly tilted in a side purse pocket.

I like the vape from it and the convience of not building when in a hurry but it is a ROYAL PITA as far as the poor quality threading of the DT.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    That truly sucks Angie. I had my 2 tanks replaced at my local B&M when they had their 2nd shipment arrive, and mine are now buttery smooth. Try going back to yours. Don't take any crap, if you read the warranty card, they ARE covered under warranty. Good luck, and pity you didn't read this before purchasing.

Reactions: AngiBe

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
    That truly sucks Angie. I had my 2 tanks replaced at my local B&M when they had their 2nd shipment arrive, and mine are now buttery smooth. Try going back to yours. Don't take any crap, if you read the warranty card, they ARE covered under warranty. Good luck, and pity you didn't read this before purchasing.

I would BUT....I bought it in Florida on vaca last week. And not to mention, over paid due to the fact it was a B&M. Would be a good excuse to go back and get the hell outta Indy tho ;)

Manycats

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2014
    Bulyea, Saskatchewan, Canada
    Just received my Aspire Odyssey Mini kit in the mail today. I have two (maybe three) problems with this set up. If you are suppose to top fill when the mark is at the "drip", but then I can't move it to the "vaping setting". Also, when you fill the tank from the middle hole I can't seem to see where the juice goes in. Shouldn't you be able to see the liquid in the atomizer like other tanks?
    Another problem I have is when I put a fully charged battery in the unit still says "low battery". I haven't been able to vape on this unit at all.
    Help.

Reactions: AngiBe
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread