ENOOK 3600mAh / 35A

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyD

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Blue Ridge
Its an 18650 lol... cell design is always a tradeoff between capacity and discharge rate. When you design for more of one parameter, you get less of the other, and vice-versa. Any cell with incredible looking numbers for both parameters is indication that one, the other, or both is being overstated. 3600mah/35A sounds like a lot of hype for both.

Reactions: Eskie

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Guys, any idea or information regarding this battery aside from the specs given by the manufacturer? Thank you so much.

looking at the company, they say they are on the second floor of a building.. therefore, they don't use much space. They claim Enook is their own manufactured brand, and they offer many other brands of batteries for sale as well (LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Sanyo, etc). When looking at the company's website, their "culture", "certificate", and "organization" come up blank... their news comes up with "test message". looking up the domain name, the register was "Long Hai Sheng", and he used a Hotmail account to register the domain name. Looking up the name, I found a now defuct electronics "manufacturer" of small USB powered radios in the same province/district of China. Don't know how well my Google-Fu is, but I'd guess that these were rewraps just judging by the company's website/info. I'd stay away.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
No reputable manufacturer would rate an 18650 as high as 35A CDR. They just can't sustain that. That rating right there suggests inflated claims and calls into question the build of the battery. Based on what NealBJr turned up, these look like rewraps of really cheap batteries. Me? I'd run.

You can find authentic 18650 from reputable online dealers for $5-$8. I wouldn't endanger my safety to save $2.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Reactions: Baditude

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
What are the prices on those 'ENOOK' cells, anyway?

I've never really seen a time where someone was selling an obviously re-wrapped battery at a price that would make it seem like a good deal as compared to a 1st-tier manufacturer's product.

I mean, there's never a good reason to buy a 'SubOhmCell' '35A' 18650 ($16) as compared to something like a Samsung 30Q ($5).

Do some of these rewrappers sell their stuff at a discount compared to the prices of the 1st tier maufacturers whos batteries they're rewrapping?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Pretty obvious that this is a startup company trying to make a name for itself by advertising battery specs that are too good to be true. And they are too good to be true. Battery technology has not improved that much over the last couple of years to make those kinds of claims. And certainly not from a company that no one has heard of before.

It takes millions of dollars to start up a new battery factory. Most new startup battery companies go the cheaper/easier route by buying the reject tier two/three cells from the major manufacturers like LG, Samsung, or Sony. Then they rewrap the cells with their own logo, and advertise inflated specifications to make a quick sale to uninformed buyers. Pretty easy money for as long as it lasts. Pay about 10 cents a cell from Samsung or LG, and turn around and sell it for $16, and all you've done is replace the insulator wrap. Yeah, its false advertising, but then again its a Chinese company who can get away with it.

Are You Using a "Rewrap" Battery? Exposing The WORST Brands In ...

Bottom Line: Don't waste your money.

Last edited:

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
...Pay about 10 cents a cell from Samsung or LG, and turn around and sell it for $16, and all you've done is re-wrapped the insulator....
Wow - as cheap as that?

And are the big manufacturers cool with selling their 'b-grade' products onto the grey market, or does this just happen 'out the back door'?

It doesn't represent *that* much money to a multi-billion dollar manufacturer, surely - there can't be that many reject cells, and wouldn't they be better of recycling the fresh materials that went into making them?

Maybe the big manufacturers *do* sell their rejects to 'recycling' companies, but instead of taking the batteries apart for their valuable materials, they just sell them on to the rewrappers.

Knowing 'China business', this seems to me like a likely scenario.

Oh, I buggered up the last paragraph on my last post - it was supposed to read:

Do some of these rewrappers sell their stuff to the public cheaper than the manufacturers whos batteries they're rewrapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread